Great beta test review

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
More of a thorough overview than a review imo. Some slight mistakes due to changes, T4 bolster is lvl 36 and keep claiming is at guild lvl 11 atm

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
A good read for anyone wanting to know more about Warhammer form a players perspective.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Just read this all the way through, does sound quite good and gives some pretty good (from player) information. Not many spoilers etc.

rynnor

Rockhound
I liked this bit :)

"Talking about tanks, a very welcome thing is that they aren’t, in PvP, the usual indestructible boulders in the middle of battle that everyone ignores because their damage is so puny that can be considered negligible. Even while their damage isn’t to be considered devastating, their tanking skills fully work in RvR as much as in PvE. From level ten they’ll be able to keep an ally under guard, making sure that all damage dealt to him is halved, while the other half is redirected on the tank himself. From level twenty onwards things get even better, as the Challenge ability reduces all the damage dealt by the enemies in a frontal cone area of effect by 30% unless they attack the tank directly. This, alongside some useful crowd control abilities, means that tanks are a real thorn in the side of their enemy, able to effectively protect their mates."

Sounds like theres finally a decent implementation of tanks :)

Overdriven

Rynnor, I can't wait to see the main cities now. Shame the greenskin's one was taken out (amongst 3 others), isn't fair :(

rynnor

Rockhound
Rynnor, I can't wait to see the main cities now. Shame the greenskin's one was taken out (amongst 3 others), isn't fair :(

Didnt they say it would come back in the future though? Id rather see it done properly in a really immersive way even if it means a wait - plenty to see yet :)

Overdriven

Yeah that's true. Just another reason to play those 4 classes. Our main cities will be the best :D I don't even want to imagine the Greenskin one, that's going to be wtfscary.

JohnnyBoy555

Fledgling Freddie
Good read indeed.

I like what they are doing with the Tank classes. They are a real force in PvP now, and not just a brick wall for mobs to pound at, while the DPS classes do all the damage.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Just hope they bring back the orc choppa, perhaps a storyline live event that also introduces the greenskin city.

pikeh

Resident Freddy

That Review said:
I don't really understand it, in all honesty. Most "negative" reviews posted here seem to be people who went in expecting to be disappointed and made SURE that would happen no matter what. I'm beginning to think honestly that the nature of human beings is to feel better about themselves by mocking something even when it does not deserve it.

nice :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
WoW copied off that many MMOs it's hard NOT to have things in common with it.

Everything they copied they made better though so nobody cares what WoW copied ;/

However if people play WAR and they notice something that WoW does better the game will be crucified :p

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie

Jim: Come one, come all, back from your tea and masturbation, to discuss Warhammer: Rage Of Eckoning! First, let’s talk about how much we’ve played. I have created three characters, and played nothing
John: I’ve played a High Elf to 10, a Chaos to 8 and an Orc to 15.
Alec: I’ve made a few characters to poke about with, mostly on the Destruction side
Kieron: I’ve played my Witch Elf up to Level 14 or so. A couple of other really low alts. And some messing around with the level 31 stuff. I haven’t done much of the PvP or RvR stuff yet. Those areas have been quiet when I’ve been playing, it seems.

i bet there will be at least 100,000 better reviews after the Preview Weekend

i havent played war yet, but i wouldnt judge daoc if my chars reached thid...

pikeh

Resident Freddy
i havent played war yet, but i wouldnt judge daoc if my chars reached thid...

Really?
I'm not condoning bad reviews or anything, but surely you got an impression of DAoC as soon as you started playing?

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
Really?
I'm not condoning bad reviews or anything, but surely you got an impression of DAoC as soon as you started playing?

any impressions of daoc at lvl 20-24 wont matter at all, in comparison to the content after 50

so, making a review while the game is still in beta without any char above 25 lvl (at least 1 mastery point) is like writing on water and appeals to ppl with short memory.

:drink:

Aada

Part of the furniture
any impressions of daoc at lvl 20-24 wont matter at all, in comparison to the content after 50

so, making a review while the game is still in beta without any char above 25 lvl (at least 1 mastery point) is like writing on water and appeals to ppl with short memory.

:drink:

I don't agree.

Age of Conan was terrible in beta and it was horrible out of beta, took me about a week to realise the game sucked.

DAOC? i knew i liked that game after the first couple of hours.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
I don't agree.

Age of Conan was terrible in beta and it was horrible out of beta, took me about a week to realise the game sucked.

DAOC? i knew i liked that game after the first couple of hours.

did you actually read what i wrote?
its not about liking or not, its about posting a review about a game.

but it did take you 7 days to reach 40-50lvl and draw some conclusions.
the rock,scissors dudes played war BETA for 1 day prolly( some yanks reached 15lvl already in the preview weekend)

Aada

Part of the furniture
did you actually read what i wrote?
its not about liking or not, its about posting a review about a game.

but it did take you 7 days to reach 40-50lvl and draw some conclusions.
the rock,scissors dudes played war BETA for 1 day prolly( some yanks reached 15lvl already in the preview weekend)

Yeah but they gave a review based off their experience which is what a review is about?

Regardless if they made a lvl 31 character the game still remains almost the same.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah but they gave a review based off their experience which is what a review is about?

Regardless if they made a lvl 31 character the game still remains almost the same.

A review is a review, ppl don't care if you make it clear you've only dipped in your little toe, they will see it as a review of the whole game.

Only after lvl 10 do characters get any spec points, and by 20 your spec really starts to take off, as you now get a spec point each lvl.
Playing a lvl 31 char for 1 hr is wholly inadequate to draw any conclusions.
You have so many spec points to allocate and so many abilities to put on your qbars, just figuring out which spec might seem balanced and which ability to use when, will take a couple of hrs (particularly with a new class).

What they did was worthy of calling it a preview, nothing more.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

While thats true, a review based on a few days playing low-level content in a beta on only a few classes is not really going to be indicative of the game as a whole. It's more of a "first impression" rather than a review.

As a first impression it's an interesting read though. My first impressions were slightly different and im guessing most players will be able to identify with some things they say, but probably not everything.

bobfish

Fledgling Freddie
Only accurate way to tell if you like something or not is to try it yourself.

Having said.. 20ies battleground in DAoC was just plain FUN, when you wanted a break from RvR.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Only accurate way to tell if you like something or not is to try it yourself.

Having said.. 20ies battleground in DAoC was just plain FUN, when you wanted a break from RvR.

That depends.

If you went up against the Twinks it turned into lvl 50 rvr on a smaller scale again same thing at the end of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom