Gratz threads....

Zede

Part of the furniture
Am I mistaken in thinking the gratz thread minimum of rr5 was introduced before the realm point sillyness patch ?

ahm rr7 would be more fitting now......

agree ? ( c'mon mods this does need sorting)

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Think RR8 is more worthy of a gratz now nothing less tbh

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
on the front page we have:

RR7 RR9 RR9 RR10 RR6 RR9 RR8 RR8 RR8 RR5 RR9 RR7 RR5

we'd cut out all of three threads (woo!) if we made it RR7+

it stays RR5 - if anything I'd prefer (my opinion) to see it just RR5 and RR10 but then it's a long way between your grats threads.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
on the front page we have:

RR7 RR9 RR9 RR10 RR6 RR9 RR8 RR8 RR8 RR5 RR9 RR7 RR5

we'd cut out all of three threads (woo!) if we made it RR7+

it stays RR5 - if anything I'd prefer (my opinion) to see it just RR5 and RR10 but then it's a long way between your grats threads.

rp reward system has changed, thats a fact !

fh gratz system has not !

someone do one of them silly polls....

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
rp reward system has changed, thats a fact !

fh gratz system has not !

someone do one of them silly polls....

there has been, and its been decided the rules will stay as they are. maybe time to stop making another one of those useless whinethreads?

Wazowski

Fledgling Freddie
well, maybe depends on what class etc and play style... for some ppl rr5 is very nice since they only solo and dont run with zerg etc... for other rr6 is nothing since they run with fg all the time...

Just look on the character and its playstyle if it deserves a gratz or not..
:eek7:

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
there has been, and its been decided the rules will stay as they are. maybe time to stop making another one of those useless whinethreads?

at least there is something we can read about beside grats on rr1-2 threads for someone most of us never heard of. But it's just my point of view. I generally don't mind grats thread, as I just won't ever click on them, tho it's a bit funny to browse like 15 grats thread till I find one which isn't about that.

stafrin

Loyal Freddie
this thread itself is more boring then a grats on rr6 thread, and it has probably been done just as many times.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:
I'm pushing to get a grats thread forum.
May as well rename this forum then. What else is here anyway? Grats threads and whines.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
There has already been at least one poll and numerous threads. The key point for me is that the grats threads are not automatically generated by FH when someone dings rr5 in game, the 'community' post them. If people don't want them, don't post them or reply in them and they would quickly die out.

If they don't quickly die out then clearly the 'community' DO want them.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I'd say remove the RvR discussion and make two new forums!

Whine discussions
Gratz threads

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
Am I mistaken in thinking the gratz thread minimum of rr5 was introduced before the realm point sillyness patch ?

ahm rr7 would be more fitting now......

agree ? ( c'mon mods this does need sorting)

I do not agree. If you played gimp Classes, and/or are an unskilled player and/or can't play often then RR5 is a big achievement still.

Keep it as it is.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Moaning Myrtle said:
I do not agree. If you played gimp Classes, and/or are an unskilled player and/or can't play often then RR5 is a big achievement still.

Keep it as it is.

Prepatch I would have agreed, however daoc is old game and most of the playerbase are experienced, there are not really many new players starting up. With this insane increase of RP gains in rvr rr5 should be easily doable for all with not too much time and effort. I understand that rr5 may well be an achievement, but too often do I see grats xxxx on rr5, and I know that player have used like 2 days on getting the ding, and when multiple threads like that emerge it becomes a bit zzzzz, especially when that player who dinged rr5 this week, dings rr6 next week as well.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
Prepatch I would have agreed, however daoc is old game and most of the playerbase are experienced, there are not really many new players starting up. With this insane increase of RP gains in rvr rr5 should be easily doable for all with not too much time and effort. I understand that rr5 may well be an achievement, but too often do I see grats xxxx on rr5, and I know that player have used like 2 days on getting the ding, and when multiple threads like that emerge it becomes a bit zzzzz, especially when that player who dinged rr5 this week, dings rr6 next week as well.

I can understand that point of view, but the only issue I really have with it is that it isn't universal. I have played a long time on all 3 of the characters in my signature, yet only one is RR5. When I manage to get the other two that high, and if someone was thoughtful enough to post, then I'd love a RR5 thread. Especially for my Paladin, it takes a long time for me to make RPs with the rarity of true 1v1s these days ;)

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:

Soloing all the way to rr 5 is an achievement in itself, unless ur some ml9 cabalist or a bd or some silly class adding on everything in sight.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
tbh I really don't see what the problem is.

"oh noes! I have to spend 0.01 seconds ignoring a grats thread!"

whilst the person the grats thread was for could be really happy about it. Chill guys imo.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Amanita said:
tbh I really don't see what the problem is.

"oh noes! I have to spend 0.01 seconds ignoring a grats thread!"

whilst the person the grats thread was for could be really happy about it. Chill guys imo.

Again some people fail to see the point. It is not THE grats thread that people mind, it is just that grats thread has been MOST of the threads lately, mainly due to a lot of people dinging realmranks AND the strict modding closing all other threads. When like 7/10 threads are gratsthreads, it becomes annoying. From my point of view anyways.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Gotmagi said:
Soloing all the way to rr 5 is an achievement in itself, unless ur some ml9 cabalist or a bd or some silly class adding on everything in sight.

Indeed, but the people soloed their way to rr5 is really only a minority. Hardly represented at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom