Gratz SS, Golie dead!

X

xevius

Originally posted by Aussie-
I'm gonna solo him tonight and let myself get healed by 50 clerics outside "IF IT GOES WRONG!" then later brag on BW i soloed him

Just let me give you a hug and some attention so we get you off the thread please. :wub:

O

old.Ramas

As far as I could tell it was much easier with 2fg than previous attempts with 3fg or 1fg.

3fg seemed to have too much aoeing and thowing people on top of the mound. 1fg was just too damn slow.

I'm gonna solo him tonight and let myself get healed by 50 clerics outside "IF IT GOES WRONG!" then later brag on BW i soloed him

Good luck with that. :great:

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Ramas

3fg seemed to have too much aoeing and thowing people on top of the mound. 1fg was just too damn slow.

Harder to control the aggro and you need 24 people paying attention in stead of 16 ;)

M

marchegiani

Heh was mucho fun

and aussie, were u born a complete tit or did u have to work at it?

Q

quinthar

Does anybody not feel it a bit sad that gole goes down to 1-2-3-4FG's etc?

I can remember a long time back when 80-100 people got wiped and it was " Damn, better luck next time" now its " Rah We win again with 2FG"

I'm not dissing anybody that has done it Big Grats to them I say, just that it seems like some of the mystery of the game and Golestandt has gone.

Ferus has done all the Epic mobs in Barfog several times over with a FG pre and post patches, but Gole has always been a bit mysterious.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Soon it will be:

Guild Cabby : Sissyfoo, I am taking a cleric and gonna farm Golly for a while. You wanna come?
Me : No thanks. Gonna farm a few Sidi key lords for drops.
Guild Cleric : Why bother? SC stuff is way better.
Me : Yea, I know, but the salvage rates are pretty good and I can always find some lowbie who wants to buy them so he can look good in Thid.

Bleh. Good work Mythic.

Farming the mega epic mobs shouldn't be something you do with a full group or two. They should be EPIC encounters. This is another aspect of the game that has lost its 'fun factor'. Now it is just another case of farming for drops.

X

xevius

Originally posted by Cap'n Sissyfoo
Soon it will be:

Guild Cabby : Sissyfoo, I am taking a cleric and gonna farm Golly for a while. You wanna come?
Me : No thanks. Gonna farm a few Sidi key lords for drops.
Guild Cleric : Why bother? SC stuff is way better.
Me : Yea, I know, but the salvage rates are pretty good and I can always find some lowbie who wants to buy them so he can look good in Thid.

Bleh. Good work Mythic.

Farming the mega epic mobs shouldn't be something you do with a full group or two. They should be EPIC encounters. This is another aspect of the game that has lost its 'fun factor'. Now it is just another case of farming for drops.

1 . Focus pull dont work on gollie, speaking out of experience :)

2. Game expansions : New hunting areas etc etc Just remember: 100 to take out golie, FG now. 100 to do sidi: 1 focus grp now, Expansions are and will be a way to keep a game alive.

Evolution led to the mankinds development, intelligence braught us where we are. (Well Aussie is a exeption) There are allways ppl finding bether ways to solve solutions and all games are just irl.
Diffrent is that game developers have the tool to bring us new features to enjoy ;)

So, dont give up brack ;)

F

Flimgoblin

focus pulling won't work on sidi soon either...

however you can kill the easier keylords with just 1fg of normal (well ok 1fg perfectly set up ;))

Golestandt also isn't just a "go there, kill him" thing - if people don't pay attention, or do stupid things - everyone dies...

O

old.Ramas

To my mind, epic encounters should be aimed at 3-5fg, and should require tactics/attention/practice.

The dragon is perfect in that sense.

However, Mythic agree with you rather than me.

Their view is that most of the raids should not require complex tactics because....

1) DAoC raids are supposed to be designed to be exp gathering affairs, not just loot/trophy gathering.

2) They don't want a situation where noobs are unwelcome because they actively hurt the rest of the raid by not being uber enough.

This isn't my view based on what I see this is what the actual Mythic world designers posted recently on another forum.

The idea that relative noobs can raid for xp with the veterans raiding for loot is supposed to be a differentiator to attract people to DAoC over, say, EQ.

The downside, which Mythic accept, is that in most raids it's a case of zerg4tehwin.

Dragon being the exception that proves the rule.

You see this much more clearly in place in the ToA rumours, where epic encounters are much more strictly tied to advancement through the master levels.

Personally I think if they want to do level advancement by raid, they need to look at adding large xp bonuses for the first time you kill each of the epic mobs. Something along these lines....

LB mobs: 0.5 bubbles each.
Sidi keylords: 0.5 bubbles each
DF princes: 1 bubble each
Green Knight & equivalents : 1 bubble each
Legion: 2 bubbles
Apoc: 2 bubbles
Dragons : 4 bubbles.

O

old.Nibor

it wasent luck, we did it again :)

thx to Xevius for organizing, and all who came.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom