Grats thread poll

Are Grats threads ok?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
I don't see any problem with gratz threads - no matter what the achievement is. For someone who plays the game since beta and plays 4 hours a week RR5 is the same kind of achievement as for hardcore gamers getting to RR10.
For those who don't like gratz threads or even consider them spam: just ignore those threads; noone forces you to post in them or even read them since they are usually easy to spot anyway (gratz xxx on xxx).

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Gratz threads is nice.. always fun to see how many gratz or how much wajn you get

walkerb

Loyal Freddie
Garbannoch said:
I don't see any problem with gratz threads - no matter what the achievement is. For someone who plays the game since beta and plays 4 hours a week RR5 is the same kind of achievement as for hardcore gamers getting to RR10.
For those who don't like gratz threads or even consider them spam: just ignore those threads; noone forces you to post in them or even read them since they are usually easy to spot anyway (gratz xxx on xxx).

agree, either ban them tottaly or allow all of them, for some rr5 is alot especially for those not rvring alot etc

Powahhh

Fledgling Freddie
rr5+ imo

cause not every player has a fotm rvr guild or maybe he do not rvr that much
but rr5 is still an archivment (sp?) for some ppls :p

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
Tbh, the rvr-guilds shouldnt grats its members. They ding like a new rr everyother day. But thane's and champs should get rr5+ :p

Vrisslar

One of Freddy's beloved
Hey peeps :D

Gratz posts for ppl that ding 50 or rr5+ are ok imo.

Have a nice weekend :D

Regards
Vriss

kr0n

Fledgling Freddie
D) Theyre ok, aslong as theyre to a well known person who gets over rr8.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
RR5+ was my vote, but actually I think RR7+ is more the thing

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
As long as its RR7+ and there isnt 100 posts made at same time :)

Fast

Part of the furniture
G's posts from RR5 are fine imo. To some RR5 may not be an achievement but to others less hardcore players its a big deal, let them have their andy warhol moment :twak:

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Garbannoch said:

agree

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
RR means nothing every noob can get rr10 if they play long enough

only rr11 deserves a grats cuz its quite a feat to keep playing this long without going nuts (or perhaps they did)

its not a tournament, in a tournament you have to win all matches and you'll be the best eventually, but when you gain rps here you will never lose them again, and the only thing you have to do to earn them is play

and no you dont even have to be 'good' for it, just get a fotm group together and your good to go...

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:

the problem with those gratz threads is that if there are many of them, then they will flood this forum and for the people who dislike them they cant see any other thread than gratz. So it is wise to delete some of the meaningless gratz threads so there is actual space for the other threads.

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Most gratz threads made are normally rr5+

So let's just set a rule on rr5+

The gratz thread's do make the RvR forum un-clean, and although to some people it's nice to know, or nice to receive such threads about themselves, some people don't see its nice to see Gratz rr xxx, and neither do I, especially on the occurence of so many gratz xxx on xxx threads.

I think what would be a good idea, is to keep the gratz threads, becuase they are nice to have, however although they are in a way, RvR related, they in know way, contribute to any valid points made about RvR, so there's a demand for such disccusions tobe made, and this is what the RvR forum should just be for, Discussions on RvR, and nothing else.

Create a second forum, which is just for gratz threads, on rr5+, that way people can still congratulate their realm mates, and at the sametime, not interfere with people browsing who are only wanting to discuss RvR topics.

I did vote for postcount tho :p

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
Grats threads are always the same.....

... and atm someone dingd rr5+ every day.

Pohjan Poika

Fledgling Freddie
make a new topic imo
and make that topic so the posts dont count.. that way you cant farm posts by sayin congrats..
sure it might be kinda unfair to those who really really mean it, but might just do the trick on the post counts ppl have..
oh and set a timer on the threads that they delete them selves within 2 weeks after start or something.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
i agree on rrl5 + lgm and lvl 50 some especially if your 1st 50

Maghica

One of Freddy's beloved
Evrybody enjoys a little pat on the back. I think it's only normal to want to congratulate friends when they achieve something in Camelot, be it RR or craft lvl...even a special kill

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Imho I cba reading posts saying "GRATS ON RR5/6/7 whatever.." I could just scroll down and not read them, but still they show in the topics.
If I wanna know the RR of people I look them up on duskwave.
RR10 dings would be something more special... It's kinda like a phenomenon I've seen on mid/pryd (dunno about hib/excal as it's been a while since I have been in a guild), where people spam /as Grats yada yada yada on lvl 50!!!!!!... wow... like that never happens anyway.
Nerf them all!! :flame:
In reality, I'm just deeply frustrated that noone congratulated me in /as when I dinged 50 :(

:eek7:

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
I think people that has worked hard getting a new realmrank should get threads, not like its a big achievment for a savage/shammy reaching rr5, while Thane's and other soloers is having it way harder.

Anyway, nothing against it.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
looks like the nays have it, so glad i brought up this topic.

and tbh im not so much against there being gratz threads, i just dont think we need the 3/4 pages on each one of people just saying 'gratz' 1 line answers.

banish them.

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
noone forces anyone to read these posts, its just a nice way to say well done to people- friends, adversarys etc.

remember you can't communicate with 2/3 of the population in game, so the forums provide a nice way to say well done people :)

:cheers:

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
change the name of 'rvr discussions' to 'gratz threads forum' then

whats the point when 9/10 posts are GRATS SOMERANDOMNOOB HIT rr3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom