Grats NP

O

old.Hardbein

Against good hib grps (NP/Eclipse/AD), ur dead within those 8secs anyway :D

A

AzuratMinimus

Also nerf debuffs so they won´t debuff to -70% or so even with resist buffs and stuff. Will stop somewhere at -10 with 50% resists. Not sure about the numbers but it´s nerfed that way too :p

O

old.mattshanes

They really need to fix mentas,runies and wizards compared to other casters it's a fucking joke :/

I nuked a buffed tank this week with my ice wiz 205(-220s) now that's insane and have also had pbaoe damage of like 380(-360s) somewhere silly and that's right on a target.

E

Edlina

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
They really need to fix mentas,runies and wizards compared to other casters it's a fucking joke :/

I nuked a buffed tank this week with my ice wiz 205(-220s) now that's insane and have also had pbaoe damage of like 380(-360s) somewhere silly and that's right on a target.

It's the same for all casters when the enemy isn't debuffed... Instead of nerfing it they should make it more common maybe o.0

O

ormorof

well thats where runies have the advantage with the debuff's i suppose :D

but tbh i think runies have the right gear to be one of the best casters you can get in the game, they have speed, debuff nuking capabilities, bolts, nearsight, root, gtaoe and perma-bt (dont have to recast it every 10 mins along with shields) and dont say you cant have it all with same spec since i have all that and its great fun, only real downside is you dont have pbt so people think you arent much use in group :p

still i think its silly that you NEED debuff's to do decent damage, i mean, werent casters designed to be damage dealers? cant be right that most tanks can out damage a caster (and savages hit faster too with the hard cap of 2s at casting time :( mercs and BM almost hit as fast ;) )

Z

zedorf luribomb

Originally posted by AzuratMinimus
Also nerf debuffs so they won´t debuff to -70% or so even with resist buffs and stuff. Will stop somewhere at -10 with 50% resists. Not sure about the numbers but it´s nerfed that way too :p

cant go below 0 :)

T

tildson

Runemasters can debuff DD just as good as Chanters, so will cabalists in 1.65.

Funny how ppl want casters nerfed even more

A

AzuratMinimus

Debuffing you´re own damage shouldn´t be possible in my opinion, it makes it impossible to fix all other casters that can´t debuff there own damage. Since as long as you can tanks etc will whine about casters doing silly damage and should be nerfed. Fix debuff nukers, then they can fix resists so real dd nukers like dark runie and firewizard actually does the most damage and not some silly debuff nuker.

Debuff your own damage is just another of mythics countless screw ups.

M

Maleg_Grumpton

Yeah they are halved in duration(15s at the moment? become 8 secs i think)
Duration is also affected by resists so for decent groups actual debuff duration will be dropping from 8 seconds to about 4 seconds.

Combine the debuff duration with the general changes to debuff damage (will be doing less due to resists no longer going below 0 etc.) and Hib mage groups will be significantly harder to play and less effective........ That is till ToA where +casting speed and +spell duration kinda rebalances the changes in 1.64/1.65.

M

Maleg_Grumpton

Originally posted by AzuratMinimus
Debuffing you´re own damage shouldn´t be possible in my opinion, it makes it impossible to fix all other casters that can´t debuff there own damage. Since as long as you can tanks etc will whine about casters doing silly damage and should be nerfed. Fix debuff nukers, then they can fix resists so real dd nukers like dark runie and firewizard actually does the most damage and not some silly debuff nuker.

Debuff your own damage is just another of mythics countless screw ups.
Mythic fixed it, 8 second duration on the debuff spell that enables all realms to self debuff damage. Duration affected by resistance buffs so vs half decent oponents that's 4 seconds duration.

Unless caster is high RR they can only get 2 DD's off in 4 seconds, 3 if very very lucky. Cap DD damage with no RA's is 538, DD without debuffs from 270 to 300 - unless mages assist it's hardly worth debuffing (ofc good mage groups assist).

B

bigchief

Originally posted by old.windforce
more like: aoe mez > GP > ZZZzzzZZZZzzzZZZZ :-/

Aoe mez -> GP -> You are stunned by a barrage of light. You feel more vunerable to heat. You are hit for 540 damage! You are hit for 532 damage! You are hit for 547 damage! <insert sorc name> was just killed by <insert chanter name>

/g <cleric> im mez'd!
/g <cleric2> im mez'd! Demez ffs
/g <sorc> im dead...

Pretty much what happens everytime my random pick up grps go run into NP/Eclipse ;o

Kinda sucks for me to be awake playing sorc and land mez vs a rr9/10 bard but it being totally pointless cos ill die 2 seconds later and non of them will be mez'd. Also GP purges pets mez and they all make a beeline for the sorc ~~

I

ilum

Originally posted by tildson
Runemasters can debuff DD just as good as Chanters, so will cabalists in 1.65.

Funny how ppl want casters nerfed even more

Right, but none of those two classes has PBAE....so....whats the point? :)

M

Maleg_Grumpton

Originally posted by ilum
Right, but none of those two classes has PBAE....so....whats the point? :)
PBAoE is nice but of limted use vs decent tank groups. Only time it really works in open RvR is when shield hero gets some good slams in. Most of the time good tank groups kite in and out of the PB box and you just can't get a kill (and soon run out of power).

Ofc higher RR mages have RA's to increase damage and power but it's still not the be all and end all. Most kills are got from /assist debuff DD or PBAoE vs numpty groups / zergs.

DH move shows Hibs using PBAoE a lot more, think part of their success with it is due to 3 Relics - rest is good group and high RR.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't an oh woe poor ickle chanter thread, they're a great class (debuffs, pet and PBAoE) and probably one of the only viable casters in FG RvR. Hopefully with these nerfs it will allow them to improve casters in general and make them more popular in RvR.

I

ilum

Originally posted by Maleg_Grumpton
Don't get me wrong, this isn't an oh woe poor ickle chanter thread, they're a great class (debuffs, pet and PBAoE) and probably one of the only viable casters in FG RvR. Hopefully with these nerfs it will allow them to improve casters in general and make them more popular in RvR.

Alb Icewizards groups would be a lot more viable if it werent for chanters really :)

S

snoz

We win without kiting in and out of cell in fact thats the worst thing imo to do :] We think its all about getting interupts going faster then the hibs do IE skills Healers vs Druids who can get ur shit going the fastest. Our tanks just go stand in cell and drop all 3 pbaoers fast. Trust me it works .. ask ec/np :B

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by snoz
We win without kiting in and out of cell in fact thats the worst thing imo to do :] We think its all about getting interupts going faster then the hibs do IE skills Healers vs Druids who can get ur shit going the fastest. Our tanks just go stand in cell and drop all 3 pbaoers fast. Trust me it works .. ask ec/np :B

You got more interupters.
More damage.
Savages with 50% evade(perhaps more it's been proven, so hero finds it hard to slam them)
More healing than alb.

The only good thing the hero has vs them is the block rate, but most savages with a brain(not many that have xD) would strafe and stun them from side or behind them.

Alb tank group CAN'T hit in pbaoe box or it's just a release 5-10s later.But if we don't use sos and get slammed, then it's most likely gameover unless the tank is ressed and purge res sick.If we get one caster dead fast can have a good chance of winning unless their druids+hero is very good.

The only bad thing is though, get hit 500 damage from pbaoe or 700-800 from a nuke hmm..... :E

S

snoz

You got more interupters.
More damage.
Savages with 50% evade(perhaps more it's been proven, so hero finds it hard to slam them)
More healing than alb.

The only good thing the hero has vs them is the block rate, but most savages with a brain(not many that have xD) would strafe and stun them from side or behind them.

Alb tank group CAN'T hit in pbaoe box or it's just a release 5-10s later.But if we don't use sos and get slammed, then it's most likely gameover unless the tank is ressed and purge res sick.If we get one caster dead fast can have a good chance of winning unless their druids+hero is very good.

Yes our warrior goes cell too slams hero/pbaoers. He has to do good too for it to work nice.

I know its harder as a alb but thats another thread tbh :)

alb>mid
mid>hib
hib>Alb

bleh bleh quad hits 4tehwin etc

O

old.mattshanes

alb>mid

With ra's it's pretty even if equal rr, if albs are higher they have more chance, if lower they do not.

Without no way.Free rps for savage groups.

Pala has no determination too so...kind of hard sometimes to slam chanters, could have an s/s armsman and lose a theurg or merc in a typical alb group which in my view is BEST alb group but not many try it.

S

snoz

alb>mid

With ra's it's pretty even if equal rr, if albs are higher they have more chance, if lower they do not.

Without no way.Free rps for savage groups.

Pala has no determination too so...kind of hard sometimes to slam chanters, could have an s/s armsman and lose a theurg or merc in a typical alb group which in my view is BEST alb group but not many try it.

Yes same for hib though ... no gp and moc vs alb group = ez for albs

S

snoz

Originally posted by tildson
Yes, lets compare chanters and savages!

you 2 shot us we 2 shot u seems fair imo ;) atleast ish ^^

Z

zedorf luribomb

Originally posted by snoz
you 2 shot us we 2 shot u seems fair imo ;) atleast ish ^^

next reply will be that chanters wear cloth!11

Z

zedorf luribomb

dunno how you went from people comparin runies/cabas against chanters that have dd debuff and pbae,
then alb/mid ability to beat pbae groups, and get all that to compare savages vs enchanters :eek:

O

old.mattshanes

One dies like a brownie in camelot hills other dies like apocalypse in caer sidi:p

Savage group=mindless killing,kind of the same for that game quake 3 you play eh snoz?xD no reload etc xD

Users who are viewing this thread