Graphics problem in DC 0.7

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I installed DC 0.7 last night and got some pretty awful graphics, anyone else had this ?

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Ummm not that I've seen or heard, what type of awful graphics?

Post some screenshots etc :D

Shining

Fledgling Freddie
do you have an Nvidia card?
If so this is the cause. there are many issues with Nvidia cards and desert Combat. Read around for help cos theres loads on the subject :m00:

Athan

Resident Freddy
To be safe I won't assume you were playing BF42/DC much prior to DC 0.7. Therefore, if you do have an Nvidia card, are you using 52.16 drivers? They're well known to cause all sorts of weird graphical effects, use 53.03 or 45.23.

Other than that, no personal experience of the problem (PNY GF4ti4800, Windows XP Pro, using either 53.03 or 45.23 drivers).

Looking over the DC FAQ I don't see anything about graphics other than the warning about 52.16 drivers.

-Ath

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Played a bit more of DC and no repeat of the problem, which is too wierd to explain what was happening.

I do have a GeForce 4 Ti4200, I installed the last set of drivers via Windows Update.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I had a graphics problem with DC and I have a Nvidia card I had to re-install BF to 1.6 then add DC fixed the problem.

My problem was you would be going along and then all of a sudden the floor disappeared or I could see through the landscape very difficult to see where I was going when the landscape dissapears right in front of you.

Athan

Resident Freddy
PLightstar said:
I had a graphics problem with DC and I have a Nvidia card I had to re-install BF to 1.6 then add DC fixed the problem.

My problem was you would be going along and then all of a sudden the floor disappeared or I could see through the landscape very difficult to see where I was going when the landscape dissapears right in front of you.

Now *THAT* is what the 52.16 drivers problem was. It was pot luck on if you'd see the sides of buildings too, so was effectively a rather hard to use wallhack.

-Ath

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Basically that was my problem too, haven't had it since tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom