graphics cards

D

dresscode

just wondering what kinda graphics card is needed
i unfortunatly have a getforce MX 420 which i hate
im currently saving for a better one but as im getting the game 2morrow just wondering if i will be able to play

The rest of my computer is ok
Pentium 4 2000 mhz
512mbite of ram
80 gig H/D

D

dresscode

i would but im still on 56k and that file is around 50mb
i just dont have the patients for that
I will just have to wait and see

F

Faeldawn

Oh man...erm....oh dear.......... :(

Your gonna find out anyway so i best tell you in advance m8....(god you aint gonna like this)

There is a rather big patch to DL when you install m8 :(

Took me 2 hrs on ADSL.

O

old.Dillinja

OUCH! That's gonna be about 24 hours on dial-up...

D

dresscode

guess ill just have 2 put it on and go to bed
wake up and play in the morning
do you d/l the patch from inside the game or is there a site i can get it from coz if so i can get a friend to get it

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by dresscode
guess ill just have 2 put it on and go to bed
wake up and play in the morning
do you d/l the patch from inside the game or is there a site i can get it from coz if so i can get a friend to get it

It seems to be a self-patching game similar to daoc.

D

dresscode

faeldawn how long have u been playing
Whats it like
I hope its not heading the way EVE did is it

F

Faeldawn

Only been playin a few days, and NO!!! its nothin like EvE m8 :)

This game has already been running in Japan for a year, the expansion into America and the 20+ servers currently running are a good indication of this game's popularity (3 more servers coming soon).

The best way to describe this game is Final Fantasy, but with a lot of other players running around.

It retains a lot of the final fantasy charm, beautiful graphics (questionable interface, but once you get used to it it's ok) and is completely co-op (no pvp).

There is a nice storyline with cut-scene's etc that keeps you engrossed and group combat is rather challenging.

All in all the game is superb, lots of players role-play (especially the Tarutaru and Mythra). The humour is subtle and a bit fluffy, but very well done, the general atmosphere is also superb.

I love it, it is one of those games that you will either love of hate imo.

D

dresscode

im glad its not like EVE
didnt think that it would be
where r u from
how do u find the other players
r people friendly
in eve it was easy to get started coz of friendships that we formed early.
im on game net chat right now trying to find peeps to chat bout the game but i dont think none of them have it or r interested
which is a shame as i kinda hope to make some allies for when i start playing

F

Faeldawn

Im not playin atm, im busy rerolling characters over and over to get into Bismark server (very annoyin).

Think most of those who have the game are playing or rerolling atm m8 :)

O

old.tRoG

Heh, don't worry :D

I play on a system similiar specs to yours (Except I have a Geforce 4 MX 440, and a 2Ghz Celeron :p), and it runs fine on the normal settings. Very smooth, doesn't lag at all, even if there are a few people on the screen.

I have 64k ISDN, and haven't noticed much lag at all. The patch took 7 hours to download, but wasn't that bad, since I just left it going overnight.

S

Sharma

I have a 2100+ 256MB memory and a GF 4 MX420, it runs smooth as a babies bottom on 800x600 normal res and 512x512 normal res. :)

D

dresscode

Thats a relief
Well if all goes well i should have the game 2morrow probably spend the whole day d/l the bloody patch
cant wait to get on and start playing
until then does anyone know where i can downlaod some video clips from

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom