Graphics Card (video card) which is best out?

S

SoulFly Amarok

hrrhrr... 9500 being 128bit, 9700 256. Hmm, what would I choose, even if I had to put more money in..
HMM!

;)

a card twice as fast as 9500..hmm, that might last longer too..

Really, get the 9700pro and save sum money, in the future, when you aren't in a need of a better gfx card.

G

Greef

I like this: \/ \/ , your opinions please :D

9700proultimate-logo.jpg

ULTIMATE RADEON 9700 ATLANTIS PRO

(ATI RADEON 9700 PRO Chipset)

Stifle the Drone of Your PC Without Conceding Cooling

Push the performance envelope with a RADEON 9700 PRO that comes equipped with all the necessary hardware to ensure a COOL gaming experience. Outfitted with an industry first, fan-free heat pipe cooling solution, the ULTIMATE remains silent as it maintains a lower operating temperature then conventional active cooling solutions. Run cool. Run silent. Run a RADEON 9700 ATLANTIS PRO ULTIMATE!

Features:

Compeltely silent passive cooling via revolutionary heat pipe and ramsinks
128MB DDR memory accelerates the latest 3D games
-----------------------------------------------
between the graphics board and the rest of the PC (2.0 GB/sec)
First to fully support DirectX® 9.0 and the latest OpenGL® functionality
New SMARTSHADER™ 2.0 technology allows users to experience complex, movie-quality effects in next-generation 3D games and applications
SMOOTHVISION™ 2.0 technology enhances image quality by removing jagged edges and bringing out fine texture detail, without compromising performance
128-bit floating-point color precision allows for a greater range of colors and brightness

ADDITIONAL POWER CONNECTION REQUIREMENTS

The Radeon 9700Pro must be connected to the computer? power supply to meet its performance and high-speed memory requirements.
In order to supply the ATI Graphics Accelerator card with the necessary power, we have included the Power Extension Cable.
Use the Power Extension Cable to connect the Radeon 9700Pro to the computer? hard Drive power connector.

1. Remove the power cable from the hard drive.
2. Connect the 4-pin connector of the Power Extension Cable to the Radeon 9700Pro power connector.
3. Connect the Power Extension Cable to the power supply connector.
4. Connect the Power Extension Cable to the Hard Drive connector.

128MB DDR, 325/310, DVI-i, TVO, Heat Pipe, Ramsinks

redchrome.jpg

This has GOT to be the best choice - I'm going to get one I think ;-]

M

mestoph

Re: ULTIMATE RADEON 9700 ATLANTIS PRO

Its a nice card for your general gaming person. But no use to an enthusiast gamer. As they dont overclock at all. well you can but you will need to add a fan to keep it cool.

Oh, on a side note. Nvidia and FutureMark have made up and Nvidia never did cheat with there drivers.

V

Vorcyn

Theres three types of people in the computer world, those who buy nvidia no matter what, those who buy radeon no matter what, and those who really dont care and buy whatever.

All i see in this thread is people saying, x is better than y, buy x. And vice versa.

Theres plenty of review sites out there, go look at them and see how each card performs. Because a person who buys nvidia will try convince you they are better than radeon and a person who buys radeon will do the opposite, and i doubt it will ever change ;)

J

jamesdean

looking at independent reviews I recon its the radeon 9500 pro for budget and a higher model for uber performance, thanks guys.

(btw whats the diff between cards that use the same chipset but diff brands, I am going for ATI's card using there chipset)

B

Belsameth

the difference is minimal
there's generally some minor design differences in the card, and usually also minor performence variations...all in all it doesn't matter too much tho

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by Belsameth
planning on geting the 5900 serie at some point. not yet tho

ye, if you are deaf U might wanna get that card ... 5900 has very good benchmarks, but it is noisy as HELL !!!

get a 9800PRO (128MB RAM)!!!

O

old.Tohtori

*points at the Technical discussions*

Shoo!

F

frogster

Originally posted by greenfingers
ye, if you are deaf U might wanna get that card ... 5900 has very good benchmarks, but it is noisy as HELL !!!

Taken from Tomshardware.com:

While still not exactly what we would consider quiet, the new cooler, which operates at three different speeds depending on application type, produces a much more acceptable amount of noise. In 2D mode, the cooler is practically inaudible. When a 3D application is launched, the fan spins up automatically to the next speed level, but even in the high-speed mode, which is enabled when the chip reaches a certain temperature threshold, the volume remains at comparatively comfortable and definitely acceptable levels.

Nvidiafortehwin, imo, ;o

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by greenfingers

get a 9800PRO (128MB RAM)!!!

Watercooling
the solution of all your noise problems...
(unless it's the neighbours, in which case manslaughter might acomplish more)

besides that...I like Nvidia, while fearing ATI *makes hissing noises*

G

Greef

Re: Re: ULTIMATE RADEON 9700 ATLANTIS PRO

Originally posted by mestoph
Its a nice card for your general gaming person. But no use to an enthusiast gamer. As they dont overclock at all. well you can but you will need to add a fan to keep it cool.

Oh, on a side note. Nvidia and FutureMark have made up and Nvidia never did cheat with there drivers.

It is SILENT, though! Massive heatpipe fitted as standrd! Ppl reckon it is 'fairly' overclockable.

tbh, I hope, as it's nigh on bleeding edge technology, I shouldnt feel the need to overclok it!

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom