Graphic "Waves"

F

FuZor

Originally posted by Super_Gray[SG]
hmm well i did install updated drivers (40's?) but they caused shitloads of graphics Problems with other Games

I agree :( I only use windows update these days to upgrade drivers. As they are certified and are always stable for me :)

SG if ya PC is too near the CRT you might get interferance.

O

ONE>Kid

Its not having vsync turned on which causes it, specially in cstrike if you look up close at the walls while moving youll get a 'watery wave effect ' so yeah , vsync on :)

S

S-Gray

Well, when i turn V Sync on, then my FPS gets Capped to around 60fps, so i get a massive Drop anyway

F

FuZor

60FPS is not bad man!!!

:p

/edit unless you are hardcore ;)

E

Embattle

Originally posted by FuZor
Just got meh new TFT :) No more problems for me with Bad images, wavey lines, and distortion caused by nearby mobiles or speakers :D

Thats the answer SG upgrade ya monitor :)

Prefer my Iiyama 454 to my TFT.

F

FuZor

Originally posted by Embattle

Prefer my Iiyama 454 to my TFT.

Personal choice Innit ;)

I'd never go back to a crt ever again, but my opinion is biased :D as I've always had cheapo crts :p

E

Embattle

My 181T is nice but just doesn't quite match the CRT for games/DVD.

T

throdgrain

Originally posted by Super_Gray[SG]
Well, when i turn V Sync on, then my FPS gets Capped to around 60fps, so i get a massive Drop anyway

So change your refresh rate to 85, or 100, and your fps will then be capped at that figure, assuming your pc can do it.
Simple see ?

S

S-Gray

Hmm, i turned V Sync back on, i didnt notice any "Graphic Rolls" but my FPS was capped to 60fps, and Graphics went really shitty when running thru smoke/Firefights, i set my Monitor Refresh rate to 75 but it was still capped at 60fps ingame.

I turned V Sync back off, but once again the Graphics Rolled again

W

Will

Welcome to the joy of the Win2k/WinXP refresh rate bug.

S

S-Gray

hmmm so its down to the OS? not my own doing? *phew* heh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom