Graphic "Waves"

S

S-Gray

Hmmm, when playing Games such as Counterstrike, when i look at my Monitor i notice little Waves going up and down the Screen, anyone know whats causing it?

I have a Geforce3 Ti200 and a Samsung SyncMaster 753s Monitor.

The Resolution i use (Ingame, and in Windows) is 1024*768 with High Colour 16bit.

My Monitor Frequency is set to 75h (It can take upto 85h)

It also happens every now and then while using Windows, but i dont notice it most of the time

F

FuZor

I get a similar effect with my el cheapo CRT :(
Not sure what causes it though. Although more expensive monitors that i've seen dont have this effect!

Btw I use a TI200! Wack up the Colour to 32 bit! And max out the refresh rate :) If you got the power.. use it ;)

C

.Cask

I was getting that on my telly. Turned out to be French television interfering with it. Spose that doesn't help you much tho ;)

K

kameleon

got it anywhere a microwave oven or mobile telephone?

S

S-Gray

yeah somethin like that, just goin up and down the screen

M

mookie

theres no power supplies or unsheilded magnets near your monitor is there?
they usually cause monitor lines?

S

S-Gray

hmmm, i do have a few Powerpoints, but they arent really near to the monitor... (Maybe a foot away)

Y

Yaka

radiation m8, old and cheapo screens are prone to doing the wave effect. also montitors do it when in 60hz mode. bet yer eyes sting or get weary after a bit. TCO ratings are there fer a reason dont buy anything that aint following the TCO guide line.

S

S-Gray

heh, i dont use Speakers, just a headset, which when playing Games isnt anywhere near me Monitor, BUT, come to think of it, my headset is Wireless, and the <Insert Name of Funny Object used for the Headset, its too early to think :eek:> that might cause it...

S

Skyler

Usually a sign of a monitor thats on the way out, poor refresh rate, or something else gh3y :p

S

S-Gray

Hmm.. well ive only had it for hmmmm, about 3months, so *hopefully* its not Damaged... :/

T

tris-

if it only happens during games then its not the head set thingy ma bob is it. if it was then youd see it all the time. i had it before , it was because i had the graphics settings pumped up too much. but with a GF3Ti200, i cant see CS maxing that out.

L

~Lazarus~

Nobody has thought of the obvious.

You had an eye test recently m8? Or did you recently stop/start taking drugs?

T

throdgrain

Super Gray. Try This.
Set your cs fps for whatever your refresh rate is. Do NOT turn VSync off. Bet that fixes it. :)

F

FuZor

Just got meh new TFT :) No more problems for me with Bad images, wavey lines, and distortion caused by nearby mobiles or speakers :D

Thats the answer SG upgrade ya monitor :)

S

S-Gray

gimme ummm £300 quid then and i'll find a good un ;)

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

I have a Ti200 and mine did that, right click on your desktop, go to properties > advanced > Winfast Ti200 TDH (Or whatever yours is called) > Additional properties > direct 3d > More Direct 3d, then on the part where it says Render no more than ... Frames ahead. Set that to 0.

worked for me.

S

S-Gray

I didnt see any Option like that on the D3d Page, but i do recall it when i had the Old Drivers in (Mine are now 30.82's)

Heres some Piccies to help you decide?

d3d.jpg
anti.jpg

ogl.jpg

X

xane

I get this at work sometimes, its my mobile phone.

S

S-Gray

hmmm..

Well i dont have a Moby.. if i can make room under my desk (Full of shite) i will try and move the Powerpoint (Which is a distance away but still its the only think i can think of?)

F

FuZor

How near is ya PC?
Got a Desk Fan? They *REALLY* screw the picture up!

S

S-Gray

If i get my stupid DigiCam working i will send a Screenie of my Setup... but for some reason the bastard thing is just not having any of it..

ive connected it up and what not, ive installed the .exe Drivers but Programs (PSP f.e) say its not there, so i go to Add/Remove Programs, find the SETUP.ini file on the Floppy.. but Windows says it doesnt contain info on the cam?

(The Cam is a Digital Still Camera DCE 211)

It has worked before so im stumped on why it wont connect now?

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

its under the "More Direct3d" option in that first screenshot.

S

S-Gray

D'oh, forgot to add that one :/

d3d2.jpg

Thats all thats in there...?

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

oh.. get the updated drivers, heres what mine looks like:

moredirect3d.jpg

S

S-Gray

hmm well i did install updated drivers (40's?) but they caused shitloads of graphics Problems with other Games

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom