Erwan

Fledgling Freddie
error.jpg

I have just installed Windows XP, and now DAoC looks like this. My system is:

AMD Athlon 1,4 Ghz CPU
1024 mb RAM
GeForce 4 ti4200 128 mb RAM-videocard
And my motherboard uses VIA-chipset

I have installed the latest driver for the GeForce-card and updated Windows from the internet.
Any ideas of what the problem could be? Anything that I should be aware of with Windows XP :confused:

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
i knew someone with +- the same problem

it was a faulty card in the end for him....

tried tinkering with antialiasing settings etc? or just the standard stuff in control panel? :z

XeffoInfil

Fledgling Freddie
from time to time i get it as well. i do vidreset then it disappears. ugh i wanna fix it tho please heelp

Alachbar

Fledgling Freddie
argh

Argh I have the same problem rather often.

Have a AMD Athlon XP2200
Geforce ti4600
Ram: 1024 MB

Have searched everywhere after someone with a solution to this prob, but without luck.
Guess I have to buy a new graph.card, tho I feel I shouldn't have to 'cause all other games works well.

/A

Herjulf

Banned
Usually it is: and in this order aswell.

1. Video drivers + DX9

2. chipset drivers

3 video card.

get the newest of 1-2 if it dont help, report your gfx card as faulty and get replacement.

Alachbar

Fledgling Freddie
Thx for the info Herjulf.

I have the latest drivers (even tried a few old) and I have dx9.
It may be a faulty gfx card but then why is every other game working without problems?

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Almost certainly your video card drivers, that screenshot shows corrupted geometry and is a *classic* sign of a driver problem, seen it a million times.
Its unlikely (though not impossible) that it is a hardware problem.

Check you have the right drivers. Most people here seem to have nVidia ti series, are you getting the unified drivers from nVidia like you should?
If you get them from Microsoft, or elsewhere then uninstall them and try getting them from nvidia:

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Note on drivers application

If u gonna renew your chipset gfx and so drivers/files remember ever to apply patches in ideal order so Chipset Drivers 1st then reset, gfx drivers 2nd then reset and least of all SO patches then reset.
This type of installation can avoid conflicts from different dll versions.
Oh and be aware on how u use Windowsupdate.com NOT all upgrade proposed are really necessary so check anyway what actually does the patch and IF there are known issues with your hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom