grand theft auto 4

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
Then you are turning off one of the things that makes GTA what it is ;/

The radio stations are quality and hilarious have you heard the Rock station dude going on about religion? and then some random dude calls in and tells em to fuck religion cuz he has his guns then starts blowing the crap out of some people in the back ground?

IMO gta without the radio stations wouldn't be as good as it is.

Its great for a short while, but when you're playing a 30+ hour game it soon gets repetitive

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ooh I got it yesterday! "only" 48 euros too :D

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
If you say so, I would be quite happy with out the Tv shows and radio shows, just the ability to use your mp3's to create playlists (remember a few xbox games having that feature, not been seen since) and expanding the game with more missions.

I did like that about the PC versions of GTA where a Radio Station was just full of your own MP3's mind you, you can stream your music straight into GTA 4 but its not quite the same.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
tough gong is a good station. all i need now is some weed to really immerse my self.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I did like that about the PC versions of GTA where a Radio Station was just full of your own MP3's mind you, you can stream your music straight into GTA 4 but its not quite the same.

You can? How?

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
You can? How?

Make sure you got your 360 hooked up to your PC or you have ur MP3 player connected or have music on your HD, press the guide button and go down to music select the source and a way you go, good thing with the 360 is that it recognizes most Playlist formats so you can create playlists in Winamp and play them straight away. Some games the music goes quieter while theres a cutscene or people are talking in a plot point but generally it replaces all the music in the game with yours or mutes the games music in favor of yours. Its the only way to play some hack n slash games like Dynasty Warriors have some heavy grimy D'NB in the background while you are killing people in the hundreds.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Got it on the 3rd and have been playing little but it, meaning my rentals from Lovefilm have been sitting there doing nowt :)

Bloody great game, best GTA so far IMO.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just 'finished' the game at 60%

Now to do all the little missions!

Still not found a real use for money -_-
That seems stupid. In the last few games cash was required to purchase property. I have to confess, all mine goes on grenades.

The phone knowledge shouldn't have ruined your games, it's just guided you to things a bit quickly. There are other ones to look out for:
My favourite is the Shazam style one that tells you what track you're listening to

nath

Fledgling Freddie
That seems stupid. In the last few games cash was required to purchase property. I have to confess, all mine goes on grenades.

The phone knowledge shouldn't have ruined your games, it's just guided you to things a bit quickly. There are other ones to look out for:
My favourite is the Shazam style one that tells you what track you're listening to
ZiT, yeah that's really handy. Use it all the time :p

Kronic

Loyal Freddie
Thinking of buying it. does the game have subtitles for the speech?

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Good idea to as it also subtitles the bits in foreign languages you'd normally miss.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Yep, the important bit being it translates the Russian etc into English, but displays it in a dark grey text.

I've actually gone back to playing Crackdown as well because of GTA4.

And those Lovefilm rentals are still sitting there doing nowt :p

Yaka

Part of the furniture
im still playing it like all other gta games ive pld, on and off prolly will finsih it in afew months:) if only i had few hours spare

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I am right near the end and I can't bring myself to play it for some reason, I have even started to re-play through Mass Effect to stave off finishing it. I can't work it out I normally have no problem finishing games espcially a GTA game, but I can't pick it up.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Have to say i wasn't really impressed with it, lacked something but i dunno what. Completed it none the less.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
having just compleated it i did not think the last mission was that good. i agree with you in that its lacking some thing but atleast its not got any of the shit missions from sa and maybe vc. tho the combat was fun in this specialy the heat esque mission

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
still hoping for a PC conversion so i dont have to buy a 360 only because of this game...

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
still hoping for a PC conversion so i dont have to buy a 360 only because of this game...

Yeah actually, I'd like a PC version of this game aswell. I don't want it on my playstation (Unless I grab it for like 30£ from CEX)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
its due on pc, they just havent anouced it will prolly be next year tho.

i dont see whats the problem with the ps3, ive got both and theres not much differance

Yaka

Part of the furniture
intresting i hope to hell the mod scene for pc ver kicks off

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom