Sport Grand National 2012: 14 April

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Putting £10 on "My Face".

Looking forward to shouting "COME ON MY FACE!!!" at the TV.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Save your money, watch Sex in the City instead.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I laughed when they compared it to an Olympics, I'm fairly sure if two people died every 110m hurdles it would be banned.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I've got three to place:

Synchronised £4.49
Weird Al £5.00
Postmaster £5.00

and then According To Pete £5.00
to win

Chilly

Balls of steel
I'm also sat at my desk in the betfair office praying nothing melts down :D Busiest day of the year - some massive numbers. We're doing 113,000 requests per second to our internet facing load balancers right now :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Black Apalachi, According To Pete, Viking Blond, Ballabriggs, Killyglen and Always Right. All to win at £3 each.

Everz

FH is my second home
I'm also sat at my desk in the betfair office praying nothing melts down :D Busiest day of the year - some massive numbers. We're doing 113,000 requests per second to our internet facing load balancers right now :D

How I wish I was back at my bookies job. :(

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
A few bets here and there. The only horse race I bet on. It's not as easy as football betting :D

Litmus

Resident Freddy
im gonna cry is shakaboomboom wins, willhill site must of been battered and couldnt place my bet in time ;/

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
never in a million years would I have thought to back the winner.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Synchronised killed. After race, such a shame.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
How they finished:
1st Neptune Collognes (33-1)
2nd Sunnyhillboy (16-1)
3rd Seabass(8-1 joint-favourite)
4th Cappa Bleu (16-1)
5th In Compliance
6th Ballabriggs
7th Hello Bud
8th Tharawaat
9th Shakalakaboomboom
10th Swing Bill
11th The Midnight Club
12th Planet Of Sound
13th Neptune Equester
14th Calgary Bay
15th Midnight Haze
And where the rest pulled up:
Fence 1: Viking Blond (fell)
Fence 2: West End Rocker (fell), Junior (fell)
Fence 5: State Of Play (unseated), Rare Bob (brought down), Chicago Grey (brought down)
Fence 6: Synchronised (fell)
Fence 7: Alfa Beat (fell)
Fence 8: Black Apalachi (fell), Organisedconfusion (unseated), Becauseicouldntsee (unseated), Tatenen (unseated), Killyglen (unseated)
Fence 10: Treacle (fell), Arbor Supreme (unseated)
Fence 11: Giles Cross (pulled up)
Fence 15: Always Right (unseated)
Fence 17: Quiscover Fontaine (fell)
Fence 19: Deep Purple (pulled up), Vic Venturi (refused)
Fence 22: On His Own (fell), According To Pete (brought down), Mon Mome (pulled up), Postmaster (pulled up)
Fence 27: Weird Al (fell)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Horses bred for speed, with very fragile bones, owners who don't give a shit about horse or jockey, just impressing their mates, true, it isn't worth trying to fix most breakages, the horse would just suffer for years.
Won't go the National or bet on it, just a big chav pissup.
I mean have you been? I was standing in the toilets and the piss was running over the top of my shoes, twenty minutes to get served a 6 quid Bacardi and coke, don't even like fucking horse racing and one year we had to stand 2 minutes silence for a fucking dead pope FFS!

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Horrible race, can't see how anyone who likes animals could enjoy that. And it would only be a sport if the jockey carried the horse, which might make it more fun too.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Never been interested in horse racing though I watched the highlights of the race today and was mortified at how some of the horses fell. Fuck the jockeys they have a choice the horses don't.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You are directing the blame at the wrong people Deebs, it's the trainers, owners and bookies you want to be blaming.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You are directing the blame at the wrong people Deebs, it's the trainers, owners and bookies you want to be blaming.
No I know who to blame I meant to say I have no compassion for the jockeys who may/did get hurt today. Fuck em.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I am in the camp of people who would not be sorry to see the Race cancelled. Seems fucked up that people are happy that Horses get killed over a broken leg and its only for the sack of gambling.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
cancelled fox hunting cause fox gets killed ... why not cancell horse racing cause sometimes the horse gets killed :)

I hate horse racing and would be hally to see it all cancelled.

They cancel the whole italian football cause one dude dies but each year they kill horses at aintree

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What was it, five horses that died in the name of entertainment in the first two days of Cheltenham? And they bloody knew it was going to happen as well because they were desperately trying to soften the ground up. Concerns were voiced, they still went ahead with it and 5 horses died.

And yeah, it's a "sport" that exists entirely because of gambling.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
cancelled fox hunting cause fox gets killed ... why not cancell horse racing cause sometimes the horse gets killed :)

I hate horse racing and would be hally to see it all cancelled.

They cancel the whole italian football cause one dude dies but each year they kill horses at aintree

They didn't ban fox hunting because the fox got killed, they banned it because having a pack of half starved dogs tear it to shreds is barbaric. Foxes are still killed, only these days it is done with a rifle.

ileks

Part of the furniture
How can people choose to eat meat and then get upset/angry about horses getting killed in the name of entertainment?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Maybe the horses should be chased by a pack of foxes. I'd pay to see that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom