Government so outraged over newspaper snooping it seeks law to snoop itself

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Except in your case the "embedded monitoring" seems to be entirely justified.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If you hadn't have lied right to them there probably would have been no need for it.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It's quite clear who's side you'll be on after the revolution.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Except in your case the "embedded monitoring" seems to be entirely justified.

I, for one, think an afternoon's skiving is definitely justification for 24/7 lifestyle-monitoring by the government and your employer :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That's not really what he said though is it?

Nowt wrong with an employer making sure the people they are paying are actually doing some work, be it through PC log in times, be it entry/exit times or even vehicle tracking devices.

I know of someone who got fired because they worked on the side while in the work van on work time, the GPS tracker caught them out.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Problem is as I understand it this is another go at "who needs a courts permission" skank is it not?

Do you believe that GCHQ only monitors calls and emails from people that they court orders to do so?

Monitoring of the type GCHQ does is massive they are tapping in the satellite and land lines in and out of the UK. They monitor for keywords and strings and then flag to record or review. The only thing this law gives them is hardware at the ISP which makes the capture process easier and more reliable.

As others as pointed out if your worried about it or just want to piss them off, encrypt everything. It may only take them a few seconds to break but the added processing required would soon mount up. Just need enough people to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom