Gov plans to ban illegal leechers

Yaka

Part of the furniture
according to This article on the Beeb the government is planning on making ISPs enforce a 3 strikes and you get kicked of the interweb. apparently
"BT, Virgin and Tiscali have been in talks with the entertainment industry over introducing a voluntary scheme for policing pirate activity, but no agreement has been reached."

hope to hell this dont come to be

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Heh, I doubt it will ever get passed tbh... and if it does people on the net will find a way around it :) they "always" do.

On a side note I love how the government does fuck all about things like this but soon as money comes into play they're up and at it faster than a greyhound chasing a rabbit.

Illegal downloads are around, they're staying around and they'll be around forever!

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
It's a stupid idea...can't be arsed looking at our own business model, so we'll bribe government to force ISP's to terminate services to their own customers and make them slow down their network with packet sniffers and foot the costs of monitoring traffic even more closely.

I don't get the speed i'm supposed to NOW off my internet, regulate that instead of slowing it down even more. News for you UK Government, you're supposed to work for us, not the record labels. We pay your wages, they just pay your bribes. [/rant over]

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Even if it does get through, file sharing will just move towards more encrypted methods and over darknets.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
or they will bring it in.. and one company will tell them to gtfo, and suddenly get 90% of the internet subscribers move over to them

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom