Got some paid work for PHP/MySQL wizards. Online Shopping Cart System.

TUG

It's my birthday today!
As title :)

A friend of mine is after someone who could possibly code the back end of a shopping system into an already established website design, to make it into a hybrid site & shopping cart system.

So, someone who knows a decent amount of PHP and MySQL is needed :D Especially if they've done something like this before. Personally I know jack shit so I'd be useless. We've thought about the all in one solutions but if it's feasable financially/time-wise to write a back end to the current design that would definitely be prefered.

It's paid work, which can be discussed with my friend if you fit the bill. Dont expect millions but it wont be a cheesy 20 quid note in the post :) This would probably suit more of a studenty type of person who wants ok money but not silly amounts because it just aint there. Summertime is here and you might have some free time which will let you build a portfolio if you're doing programming or something yet get paid for it.

If it sounds something you'd be interested in, fire me an email to php@illusional.co.uk and I'll forward your details to my friend, and she'll be in touch. If you could include your full name, and maybe links to examples of your work, that'd be ideal.

Cheers :)

TheJkWhoSaysNi

One of Freddy's beloved
You might want to try looking into shopping cart scripts which already exist.

You might have to pay for one (But it will probably be cheaper than having one made).

TUG

It's my birthday today!
Yeah, we've looked at them but me friends client is almost insistent on building one into his current design. Ballache and a half really lol but hey ho, if he's paying :D

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Speak to Jonty, he's doing paid PHP/MySQL dev all summer and will probably be able to fit you in.

Xav

TUG

It's my birthday today!
Cheers, will try get in touch with him :)

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Hands off, we pimped Jonty first... ;) and seeing as he's the only person we'd recommend I'm going to lock this thread unless tug asks for it's re-opening, considering all he's done for Freddyshouse, i'd hate one of 'teh p30ns' to land such work ahead of Jonty, who is, for lack of a better phrase, '00b3r'.

Xav

TUG

It's my birthday today!
CC processing... open to ideas really, the client may well sort a merchant account with worldpay or something like that but if you can code aswell as knowing about CC processing systems/companies/costs thats an even bigger bonus :p

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Xavier said:
Hands off, we pimped Jonty first... ;) and seeing as he's the only person we'd recommend I'm going to lock this thread unless tug asks for it's re-opening, considering all he's done for Freddyshouse, i'd hate one of 'teh p30ns' to land such work ahead of Jonty, who is, for lack of a better phrase, '00b3r'.

Xav
I hope that was meant jokingly, cause for a mod to abuse his powers to the extent of depromoting free enterprise would put us in the dark ages ;)

TUG

It's my birthday today!
I asked for it to be re-opened because Xav really had no viable reason to close it, other than try and secure business for his mate and put everyone else outta the picture!

Nothing changes lol...

Always open to offers, best man wins and all that ;)

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
*wonders if TUG knows who Jonty is...*

never mind anyhow... lol

TUG

It's my birthday today!
Yes mate I know who he is... but it doesn't mean he 'wins the job' just because he's who he is fella. I don't kiss arse like you always have ;) :D

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
hmm, kiss arse? grow up mate...

Aside from writing reams of code gratis for DBs at Barrysworld and Game.net, Jonty has been a huge contributor here on these forums to the community and done another truckload of coding for FreddysHouse and TN.

I say 'has', rather than 'is' because his willingness to help regulars on technical problems almost ran to his detriment and affected his degree studies, and it was only then that he's let up in his community involvement and taken a step away from FH.

These days he doesn't really frequent the FH forums at (so you could hardly say there's an arse to kiss), except to make the post laz linked showing that he's looking to spend his summer working on sites, the profits from which are going to charity anyway...

:rolleyes:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Principles, principles, my kingdom for some principles.

TUG

It's my birthday today!
Steve, I'm already in contact with Jonty and he's more than likely the man for the job anyway!!! Doesn't mean we can't look elsewhere, he himself has said if anyone fits the bill a bit better then he'd prefer it to go to them as he's already got projects on the go anyway.

I don't doubt his skills, but it doesn't mean I should stop looking around just because he's your mate lol...

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Bodhi said:
Principles, principles, my kingdom for some principles.
Calm yourself Bodhi... Caaaaaaalm. Caaa-aaa-a-a-aaaaaa-aalm. Here, relax with some tat that my flatmate left behind: Smart price baked beans? Super noodles? Half finished pack of sugar puffs?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I was bemoaning my own lack of principles. Hadn't even read the rest of the thread. Why was somebody doing something norty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom