Games Got me a new 2Gb 7870 winging my way...

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Remember when all the designers were saying graphics would be photorealistic in ten years, in 1995? :)

Progress could have been quicker than currently if companies weren't obsessed with getting as much money as possible out of a product.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Progress could have been quicker than currently if companies weren't obsessed with getting as much money as possible out of a product.

which is pretty much what the majority of companies would do... why spend a fortune on R&D for instant upgrades when you can take it slow while milking a cash cow? :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
FTL has excellent graphics.

Graphics have come to a stage where they're irrelevant for a good game, so back to the 80's 90's style. Which i find good. Gameplay > pretty trees anytime. As long as there's breast physics.

I mean just look at it, it's beautiful!

FTL-graham.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Graphics have come to a stage where they're irrelevant for a good game, so back to the 80's 90's style. Which i find good. Gameplay > pretty trees anytime. As long as there's breast physics.

I agree completely with your point - games were fantastic on my Vic-20. FTL has long been on my "to be purchased" list (- and I'm presuming you love it).

However, graphics do have their place. I've got me a new card. I want something to do with it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I can't say i love it that much, only played from 7pm to 3am last night...i need it is better way of putting it :p

It's like nethack and starcontrol 2 had a lovechild and it's just perfect.

Yeah, some games can't do without graphics as immersion needs it.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

Depends what you mean by excellent. They suit the game, a simple retro feel for a simple retro style game but they are hardly stretching gfx technology. I'd always take gameplay over graphics but its always nice to have both.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Depends what you mean by excellent. They suit the game, a simple retro feel for a simple retro style game but they are hardly stretching gfx technology. I'd always take gameplay over graphics but its always nice to have both.

Exactly what i meant ;)

Better graphics are only needed if either the gameplay requires it, you need an artistic notion the game, or if you want to make popcorn hollywood.

Otherwise graphics just try to hide flaws and modern gamers, as did old, aren't dumb.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I mean just look at it, it's beautiful!

FTL-graham.jpg

This IS a fucking excellent game people.

Well worth a couple of pints worth of anyone's money... :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's called FTL: Faster Than Light.

You can grab it from Steam or if you want the devs to get an extra 30% (no-valve-cut) you can get it from their page too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom