Got hit by a twat on a bike.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
With all the news lately thought I'd post my incident.

WXwyGXf.png

Injury:

coH0w6M.jpg

The main annoying thing was - my shorts got ripped in the collision, and I was bleeding from about 6 different cuts ( legs, hand, elbow ), dickless admitted it was his fault for cutting the corner around a low vision corner, but didn't apologise, didn't offer to pay for my shorts ( let alone any damage to my bike ), I pressed him for contact details and he said he didn't have a phone or any money and when I got him to give me a name/address he gave me fakes.

Thanks to some local friends I now know his real name.
I reported it to the police the night it happened, but I was still in shock and don't think I properly conveyed the dickheaded illegalness of his riding.

tldr, I've already written off the possible financial losses , do I go take my bike GPS details that prove it was his fault, along with the photo I got when taking down his fake details, along with my eyewitness neighbour who was in the garden and saw it happen? or do I not bother and let the scally twat get away with it?

Also because he hit me from the side and it was almost head on for him, he didn't even come off his bike or receive any injury. Cunt.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No insurance, no worries!

Screw him for as much as humanly possible. He gave you fake details after all so trying to avoid responsibility.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
My main issue with him was :

evading responsibility
fake details
no apology

There are also kids and grannies who ride around there, if he'd gone into one of them it could've easily been much more serious.

If he'd been in a car and done it, I'd have called 999 there and then, and wanted him prosecuted for dangerous driving. ( if convicted automatic revocation of license ).
Even if the injury was lower because of fenders/crash protection, he'd be facing much more severe consequences.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Shit happens when you drive on the wrong side of the road.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
If you know his name and thereby where he lives, I'd go flat this bike, cut the gear cables and leave a note saying:

"Hey, sorry about your bike! For any insurance claim my name and address is:
Elizabeth Alexandra Mary(Elizabeth II for short)

Buckingham Palace
London SW1A 1AA

Ps. Go fuck yourself"

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Screw him to the wall @ECA. Twat = twat - and with fake details / cuts / damage then he should certainly stump up. Or at the very least suffer some inconvenience. Especially of the visitation from a sanctamonious twat of a copper kind.

I would put this out there tho***:
If he'd been in a car and done it, I could well have died, or at the very least been seriously injured
Yep, cunts are cunts, but a bike doing, say 10mph, is a 200kg (including big fat rider) softish bash rather than a two-tonne immovable object.

***in no way meant to belittle your accident, or be an apologist for a cunt. If a jogger had come out and barged into you then I'd still be on your side (but you'd have no legs to stand on regardless of fault). What a cunt. :(

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'd do as much as possible, certainly chase up the police although all this just continues to reinforce my impression that the standard of cycling has dropped over the last 20+ years with all the WLWs, Neon=Invincibility, etc. idiots around nowadays.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Just got back from the police station, they've given me an appointment with an officer on thursday, so I shall be attending said appointment and pressing for as much action as possible.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If he hit you on a bicycle then there's no offence of not leaving details, that only applies when mechanically-propelled vehicles do the ramming. I doubt the police will care about the GPS, but press them to get a statement from your witness at their earliest opportunity, before he forgets/invents things. Memory is an unreliable witness.

This is what I'd probably do (if the damages were low). Try to stay away from court, it'll be a long drawn out process and you'll probably end up disappointed due to the small sums involved. The police will probably not want to bother either. Instead, see if the police can push him for monetary restitution and a letter of apology. And see if they'll do the old "we know about you now and any more of this shit and we'll do you" routine. So work out your damages exactly, get example prices of what you want replacing, and take that with you when you go to the police station. Printed copies, along with prices.

What damage was done to your bike?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
If he hit you on a bicycle then there's no offence of not leaving details, that only applies when mechanically-propelled vehicles do the ramming. I doubt the police will care about the GPS, but press them to get a statement from your witness at their earliest opportunity, before he forgets/invents things. Memory is an unreliable witness.

This is what I'd probably do (if the damages were low). Try to stay away from court, it'll be a long drawn out process and you'll probably end up disappointed due to the small sums involved. The police will probably not want to bother either. Instead, see if the police can push him for monetary restitution and a letter of apology. And see if they'll do the old "we know about you now and any more of this shit and we'll do you" routine. So work out your damages exactly, get example prices of what you want replacing, and take that with you when you go to the police station. Printed copies, along with prices.

What damage was done to your bike?
Wanton and reckless riding or whatever it is hehe.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I had a look at offences, and the reason they went with wanton and furious cycling is because someone died, and they wanted to make an example.

Dangerous Cycling is an offence under the RTA 1988 - however the maximum penalty is £2500.
Careless cycling is also an offence but the max penalty is £1000.

I think what he did ( cutting a blind corner on the wrong side of the road ) would be dangerous, rather than careless, but w/e I definitely want them to throw the book at him.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They won't tho IMO. Tbh - @Tom's approach is practical and more likely to get some sort of result.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Just the act of having the police show up will freak him out. Not sure if British police are allowed to insinuate that they have dash cam footage from your GoPro. Throw the book at him and see what happens. At the very least he will pay attention in the future.

Regarding the person in London who was charged with wanton and reckless driving after the lady died, from what I read, it seems like he was a bit hard done by. He was going the same speed as traffic around him, lady stepped in front of him, he wouldn't have been able to safely brake if he had front breaks anyway, he tried to dodge by going behind her, and she stepped back, right into his path. Head on head collision, and someone died. At least he didn't get charged with manslaughter.

I see pedestrians get whacked all the time by bikers in NYC. Around here, it's a square grid of mostly one way streets, but people don't see the bikes when the car traffic is stopped. Five years ago there were hardly any bikes on the roads, now there's loads of them. A lot of bikes go against traffic too (illegally), which means you need to look both ways and around the corners in case someone is not paying attention.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's exactly how imagine him.

When wanking.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Just the act of having the police show up will freak him out. Not sure if British police are allowed to insinuate that they have dash cam footage from your GoPro. Throw the book at him and see what happens. At the very least he will pay attention in the future.

Regarding the person in London who was charged with wanton and reckless driving after the lady died, from what I read, it seems like he was a bit hard done by. He was going the same speed as traffic around him, lady stepped in front of him, he wouldn't have been able to safely brake if he had front breaks anyway, he tried to dodge by going behind her, and she stepped back, right into his path. Head on head collision, and someone died. At least he didn't get charged with manslaughter.

I see pedestrians get whacked all the time by bikers in NYC. Around here, it's a square grid of mostly one way streets, but people don't see the bikes when the car traffic is stopped. Five years ago there were hardly any bikes on the roads, now there's loads of them. A lot of bikes go against traffic too (illegally), which means you need to look both ways and around the corners in case someone is not paying attention.
My experience riding slowly around a city is people step back for trucks..edge on to the road for cars , stand in the road for motorbikes and completely ignore pushbikes.
The hive mind of the pedestrian is that they wont get hurt by less than a car...they will actually step out right in front of you, its the lunch break..gotta keep moving mentality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom