Got CoD finally :P

Gray

FH is my second home
It got delievered yesterday afternoon from Play.com, must say im mighty impressed with it, i havent actually played online yet just the Single Player action which ive almost completed (Have about 3/4 levels left apparently) after ive done that i'll try out the Multiplayer.

Its kept me occupied while im bored and keeps me playing for a few hours a piece.

Is there much difference from the SP to MP? Is it similar missions except youre up against humans this time?

Will

/bin/su
The main form of MP, S&D, is like DE maps in CS. You'll love it. :)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Buggerit, I'll go and buy it now.

You know Will, you have a lot to answer for. There was me playing the odd bit of CS now and again, and suddenly I found myself involved with mcnp and playing all the hours God sent. Around that time, there was you me and the squirrel, reigning supreme on some DoD 3.1 servers as I remember too.

Then you wouldn't stop banging on about op flash, so that introduced me to The_Firm, and the loss of many Sunday evenings.

Then before you know it you had me downloading that bf1942 demo. This eventually led to me playing 100 odd clan matches, and investing an awful lot of time in the organisation that involved.

In the meantime there has been a little RvS, and some flight simming too. That, admittedly, you can't really be held responsible for.

So if I lose whats left of my twenties to this game, I'll not be a happy bunny!

Will

/bin/su
:)

Op Flash 2 next year.;)

Though it is your fault (sort of) that I'm just about to buy my second singlespeed mountain bike.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
After managing to sort my PC probs recently I've been playing CoD again loads. Still love it to bits, can't see any sign of me getting bored for a loooooong time.

Going against the flow here probably but I still LOVE massive TDM battles on Carentan and Dawnville. House to house combat - yum.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
I got CoD on Friday from Tesco's. £15 :eek:
Priced wrong and they just let me have it at the cheaper price :)

How cool?

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
.Wilier. said:
I got CoD on Friday from Tesco's. £15 :eek:
Priced wrong and they just let me have it at the cheaper price :)

How cool?
Had a bash last night, on-line, and it seems to work OK, although there does seem to be an awful lot of packet loss.
TDM sucks ass too. I need an objective dammit!! :(

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Play S&D then :) anything but TDM. THe packet loss must just be your connetion/settings or a poop server, it's slicker than a buttered weasel here.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
HQ is quite good. unless you can find somewhere with people working together i dont think the other objective type modes are any good :(

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
tdm is the best mode imho. to used to quake :x dam u 15 quid!!!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
TDM is shit :/
OK for noobs and casual gamers though I suppose.

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I find deathmatch, or team deathmatch only worthwhile as knock-about and to perhaps warm-up the reflexes before a game.

HQ is good fun, however you do need a team that understands what needs to be done, sometimes it appears your just might as well be playing tdm tho. Though when you get two teams thats know what needs to be done its great.

Also the rifle only servers (Germans vs Brits) I find are a good laugh, however I did have a propensity to use the rail in q3, and I did like instagib, so perhaps thats where my infatuation comes from :)

Gemma the Dog

One of Freddy's beloved
you can say that...

throdgrain said:
TDM is shit :/
OK for noobs and casual gamers though I suppose.

but I could say S&D is shit ;) I don't play in a clan so I've only tried S&D on publics, but I just can't stand the potential very long wait to the next round if u happen to get sniped / grenaded / whatever in the 1st few seconds !

I'm far from being a noob, and like noc0de I too come from a Q3 background (in fact Q1,Q2 then Q3 ;), although I wasn't a rail-god like him.

I've had a few shit TDM games, but I've also had some very enjoyable ones, mostly when the servers are pretty full and you have some reasonable people who try and work together every now & then.

Personally I think HQ is the best, but it does rely on your team mates playing HQ and not treating it like TDM and sniping over the other side of the map miles from the radio ! btw, I should say 99% of the time I play it is with people I know and on teamspeak...which prob. makes it a lot more fun (even if you are not on the same side ;)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
With the exception of BF1942 I just cannot stand the meaningless shoot die respawn bollocks that tdm is. I even hate HQ too, for just that reason .You get somewhere, are doing well, and someone respawns behind you and you die. Whats the point in that ? Each to thier own though i guess :)
Having said that , I dont play a lot of public cod anyway now, its got a bit boring somehow :( We do play about 2 matches a week though, and they are what its all about for me, intense and with an objective :)

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
HQ or S&D are the best modes IMO. The respawn thing isn't really an issue Throd, as you tend to respawn at the radio if you are in control of it, and across the map if you ain't. Admittedly it drives me mad if fellow players treat it like deathmatch but it's a nice compromise of S&D without the 4 minute wait to respawn. Also it means that campers die quick as you can go back and roger them from behind after they have snip0red me!

TBH you are just a moaning old geezer!!1

"HQ?- hardest game in the wowrld - firty yers, man an boy"

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Do yer like the songs of Frank Sinatra ?

I just dont like it m8 what canna say :) I dont even play much public s.d either tbh, Ive become a bit BF1942/Desert Combat obsessed again of late. However matches like the one we played the other day against WP, thats where CoD is great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom