Got bigg problem with grafic in game

firebomb

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone know how to solve this, i almost tried everything :/
I update my directx and my firewall is down atm, viruskillers i got off, my pc is a wanna be hack computer atm :/

sshot1279zr.jpg

sshot1260gu.jpg

sshot1287gv.jpg

PLZ HELP ME, I CANT PLAY LIKE THIS!!!

Oh btw i have a Gforche 622 LE grafic card

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
This is most likely daoc having shitty support for graphiccards, Ive had troubles like this with all my graphicscard, and alot of other people have too.

radeon 9800 pro, geforce 5900, geforce 7800 gt and geforce 7900 gt, had these glitch and artifact problems with them all, minimizing game and maximizing it again helps, but only until next bug :(

think its about time mythic get into checking their game engine for better graphiccard support, or correct those serious bugs.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Tbh i had same problem as him and solved it with that util, then again could be millions of things ^^

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
I would bet a tenner your video card drivers are to blame.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
A. Have you overclocked your gfx card. If Yes then bring it back to its baseline. You may well be over heating your gfx card.

B. If A not A. Then open case and check fan is going around and the fan cover is not covered in dust. If dusty then clean, it will cut down the air onto the GPU and allowed the card to overheat. If Fan not spinning then you have a problem. Though if fan not spinning at alll then you normally get a complete lock up, when the GPU overheats and have to reboot.

C. Do you experience artifacting like this on any other 3D games ? Normal windows use, doesn't stress the Gfx card, so is unlikely to cause a problem. If yes, then dodgy gfx card and his probably developed a fault. Please consider D though.

D. Have you had this problem since you installed the gfx card. If no, then its a return to manufacturer. Looks like dodgy memory on the card.

E. Have you changed video card drivers or pissed about with your bios settings recently, trying to get a "little" bit more performance.

This type of artifacting on screen is normally an indication of hardware issues on the card or overheating.

firebomb

Fledgling Freddie
ty all for the help, im gonna try that all !!!!

And minimizing game and maximizing i already tried, but i got the same stripes !!!

Its btw a brandnew computer, so i blame the makers from my computer, and they only say dont play that game anymore and you wont have the problem!!!

Yeah right, if im gonna quit daoc, by this problem!!! they are stupid

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
If they say don't play the game ... then you need to see if you are experiencing the problem with other 3d games like half life 2/ Doom 3 / WoW. Since they will all be accessing similiar areas of the gfx card.

If they have the same problem, then its a hard ware fault plain and simple.

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
so far Ive only had these problems in daoc and battlefield2, havent had any problems in 3dMark2005 or 2006, and in F.E.A.R. dont have that much games to try in atm.

also using a brand new computer (3200+ amd 64 cpu, geforce 7900 gt, 2gb pc3200 ram, asus a8n premium mb)

temperatures are as low as 40 degress under fullload, thanks to the awesome zalman coolers, so heat is not the issue.
tried different drivers, reinstalling windows, memtest86+, tested harddrive with WDs diagnostic tool.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Ill say one last time, its almost certainly a driver issue.

See the lines going to the centre? Thats when the quad/tri stripper is getting confused, 4th vertex is fecked, going to the projection origin on a lot of quads, screenies make this very clear. This is caused by something shitting zeros all over the tri-strips, and the only thing does that is the software in your video card drivers (assuming it does appear in other games too, could be a DAOC fault, but highly unlikely).

Getting a repeat or not of this in other software should NOT be seen as indication of where the problem is, driver issues and overheating could appear in all games or manifest in different ways depending on the indivdual game. Its an indication that its not DAOCS fault, but nothing else...

Cant tell you whats wrong with your drivers, they could be..

. too old
. too new
. from someone who doesnt make good drivers
. badly installed
. installed twice
. not installed
. fine, but still faulty as errors exist in driver code.

But I still got a tenner says the problems there..

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Regarding heat ... its not the heat on your CPU, it is heat generated by your graphic card. This seems to be unlikely since you are not having a problem in fear and 3d mark 05/06.

Q.I also assumed you ran them for the same amount of time.

Q. Does the graphic anomalies occur in DAOC as soon as you start playing ? Or does it occur after a period of time ?

Q. A small question re. DAOC .... are you running 2 DAOC accounts at the same time (e.g. a buffbot) and alt tabbing between the 2.

Q.When you reinstalled os. Did you take your drivers from the Nvidia website. I assumed you did.

Q.Also when you reinstalled your os, did you format the harddrive, so it was a completely clean install ?

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Get the exact same thing on my Radeon 9600 - I just use ATI tool to clock the GPU down 10mhx and its fine.

Not sure what the equivalent is for Nvid card is.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
MadsKaizer said:
This is most likely daoc having shitty support for graphiccards, Ive had troubles like this with all my graphicscard, and alot of other people have too.

radeon 9800 pro, geforce 5900, geforce 7800 gt and geforce 7900 gt, had these glitch and artifact problems with them all, minimizing game and maximizing it again helps, but only until next bug :(

think its about time mythic get into checking their game engine for better graphiccard support, or correct those serious bugs.

have a 7800gt myself....an have had scince before x-mas an not had a single problem :/

Scrinthe

Loyal Freddie
I got the same problem.

it also appears in HL 2 DM

I have a XFX GeForce 6800 GT

updated drivers and did what was in the last link ...

Still the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom