got an interview today

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Smile, don't have your hand in your pocket when you enter(looks bad) and ofc brag alittle about yourself ;)

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
halfway through the interview, starts growling, shout "i did yer wife!" and bitchslap him over the head.

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Go to the interview naked, and then imagine yourself dressed, you wont be nervous then.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
be confident and always over exagerate a little on all your accomplisments that can't be verified by your interviewers

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Shake their hands look them in the eye... and show them that u can adapt ur personality to different questions asked etc. Do not blag just b honest and urself :)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Gather some informations about the company you´re going to and use these informations during the interview (i.e. show them that you´re not unprepared and that you´re actually interested in the company, not just the job).

Don´t avoid eye contact while talking to the guys.

Make sure you´re dressed appropriately.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Really strong hand shake, keep eye contact at ALL times, dont put your hands on the table if can avoid it, and brag about yourself and keep confident

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Nice tips guys - lol.

Best advice i would give is don't bull shit, when running interviews I've always thrown in a question that any candidate would have no posability of answering, it was purely to see how they would react to a typical situation at work where you have no idea what to do or even where to start. A good answer here was "I dont know ... but ... this is what i would do to find out...."

Try to back up knowledge with experience, its one thing to say you can install Windows XP but expand on that to say why you did it, where and how long it took and if they look interested go on to mention any problems you had and how you resolved them (expand on your answers - but watch their body language if they are looking away or down wrap up and move on)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
when running interviews I've always thrown in a question that any candidate would have no posability of answering, it was purely to see how they would react to a typical situation at work where you have no idea what to do or even where to start

Tears very own Kobayashi-Maru test :)

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
Did you see the Grönholm Method?

If I was the interviewer I'd apply that method to the candidates, really funny :)

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Nice tips guys - lol.

Best advice i would give is don't bull shit, when running interviews I've always thrown in a question that any candidate would have no posability of answering, it was purely to see how they would react to a typical situation at work where you have no idea what to do or even where to start. A good answer here was "I dont know ... but ... this is what i would do to find out...."

In alot fo the jobs I went for they did things like this, for example they asked "If you had to be a biscuit which one would you be and why?" It wasn't a genuine question they just wanted to know if I would sit and go "um...um... um..." or if I could think fast and give ANY reply!

I'd agree with the tips about reading up a bit on the company as well, always sounds good when you can ask them questions as well, even if it's just something small.

Other than that, be yourself, eye contact and dont fidget.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
think up a good answer for "why do you want this job" and "why should we pick you" before you go in

ijm770

Fledgling Freddie
As Tears says try when you are answering questions try to relate them to experiences in current/previous work/life.

If they ask you standard stuff like "What can you bring to this company?" , if you say "Enthusiasm" try to back it up by a short explanation of WHY you are enthusiastic detailing a situation in work/life (best not making one up as you will be caught out ;p) how you dealt with it and what the outcome was (gotta be positive!!) eg. "Recently the company I work for has been extremely busy, so I have worked a lot of extra hours, weekends, evenings most of the time at short notice to ensure that all our customers orders have been met, the boss of the department congratulated my dept on the effort we had put in"

Best however not to say " OOhh yeah this one time, in band camp......" ;p

Gamah

Banned
Chronictank said:
think up a good answer for "why do you want this job" and "why should we pick you" before you go in

Run around flailing your penis in everyones face.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I cant stand people with really limp handshakes... I've been to interviews before where the guy interviewing me had the most pathetic handshake ever.

Gamah

Banned
DocWolfe said:
I cant stand people with really limp handshakes... I've been to interviews before where the guy interviewing me had the most pathetic handshake ever.

Tired from all that wanking pre-interview :<

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Have a wank before you go.

Trust me. It's a miracle worker.

Just wash up after! :(

Thorwyn

FH is my second home

Just wash up after!

Well.. depends on the office methinks.

I´ve posted this one before, but it´s the perfect time for a repost

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
1. Prepare. If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

2. Make sure you're smart, clean, buffed, groomed, and in a clean classic suit.

3. Allow plenty of time to get there. Getting late is really bad.

4. Don't break the interviewer's hand when you shake it. A light but firm handshake is enough.

5. Smile, but don't look like a grinning turd.

6. Make sure you have a list of questions to ask. 3 or 4 is ok. A page of A4 isn't.

7. Research the company beforehand so you can throw in some knowledge. Goes a long way.

Good luck

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
old.Tohtori said:

Not sure if this is entirely appropriate if you're interviewing for a church position. Then again...

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
If it's not going to well about halfway through, just stand up, go over to a picture on the wall and start adjusting it.

Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
if u get nervours and cant look into your interviewer eyes just look at the space betwen the eyes in the top nose. He will think you are looking into his eyes and u wont be nervous because you are looking to a spot betwen the eyes. worked for me :p
perfect to keep the eye contact and that's important

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Lamp said:
Not sure if this is entirely appropriate if you're interviewing for a church position. Then again...

Dirty joke:

Then you have an 8 year old boy in a robe do it.

Please don't ban me... :(

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Think of it like this.

You are the seller.
He is the buyer.

Convince him why he should pick you over the other applicants, at the same time, stay cool, focused, and look the interviewer into the eyes etc while speaking.

Just let it go the way it goes, try all you can not to be nervous or stutter during it.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:

No No No!!

If you are going to an interview for a Pro0n movie, do the wanking there at the spot... and no point in washing up.. your refferences will be on the tabbel.... :wanker: :puke:

- English -

Resident Freddy
Gamah said:
How did it go?

good tnx :)

i got asked the usual questions like... why do you want to work here, what do u expect in the job blabla bla...

think ill get it... but im not 100% sure if i want 2 yet :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
- English - said:
good tnx :)

i got asked the usual questions like... why do you want to work here, what do u expect in the job blabla bla...

think ill get it... but im not 100% sure if i want 2 yet :)

If you don't get the job - give them a call or write a letter, thanking them for the chance to apply and for making you feel comfortable (blah blah) could they please give some feedback on your interview.

You'll be surprised just how many people don't ask for feedback and it can be a valuable learning process for any subsequent interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom