Got a problem...

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
I'm a lvl 50 rr2 warrior and i want to join a RvR guild, there's just one problem. Every single RvR guild that is 'Recruiting' has the rr5+ policy (wich i totaly understand) and because of this i cant join a RvR guild. But also because i dont have a RvR guild i cant get rr5, at least this is a how experience it. Then add the fact that i'm a warrior and no1 in RvR realy wants more then 1 and i can forget about RvR.

Am i screwed? Am i looking at this the wrong way? Any idea is welcome :)

Thanks in Advance, Wiebe

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
Probably the quickest way is try running a pickup group in Emain. Only way I can think of to get enough RP for RR5 in a reasonable time without being in an RvR guild.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
That kind of elitism is bloody stupid.

"OH NOES! YOU R <RR5! YUO R TEH N00BZ0R AND WILL GET EVERYONE KILLED IMMEDIATELY!"

It's total bullshit. Selfish little 12-year-olds who cannot bear the thought of having to lower their own l337-ness to playing with someone who isn't as much of an RP whore as they are.

Gah, and they wonder why RvR is dying (mega-zergs and elitist gank squads, nothing else).

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
That's not the point, if rvr focussed guilds want to play like that it's there own choise. The point of this tread is giving low rr's idea's on alternatives.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Wiebe said:
That's not the point, if rvr focussed guilds want to play like that it's there own choise. The point of this tread is giving low rr's idea's on alternatives.

there are lots of non hardcore fotm rvr guilds who take on members, yeah a lot of them do other stuff and don't rvr 24/7....

Hulbur

Fledgling Freddie
Besides, like so many other classes, warrior suffer to some extent from the "one per group" flaw. Meaning that many feel only 1 per group are ever needed. But warriors are less hit by this then for instance shamans and skalds. I really can't see the trouble getting a random group as a warrior, but you must realice that rr5 is gained in a week, not even a month.

I know that people like NP, JH and Dem Hibbies can make amazing amounts of rp's in a week, but they are really the exception. Going for 10-15k a day while having a "normal" workday and other interest are probably what you should aim for, with weekends getting a bit more time, so 30-50k if your really set on getting that 513k for rr5.

In the end, you'll also show how active you are, just by being in emain 24/7 and that should enhance your chances of getting into one of the so called rvr guilds.

Stick with it m8. You will get there in time.

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Guilds might also take you if their missing a person and your around, its all about breaking the ice, if you play well while your in the grp you might get invited another time and so on.

Once you get to know people you should be ok but for now just concentrate on getting as many groups as possible by asking around and being at the places where groups form, also their are guilds who will take players regardless of RR who offer a chance of quality RVR such as White Rose or maybe Fellowship of Midgard.

Good luck with it anyway

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Fellow warrior here. Played a year and am only rr4L0.
Im in a small non-rvr centered guild and have to run with pickup groups almost exclusively. Ive noticed a couple of things;

1. If you wear epic armor your chanses of getting a grp within a short time is pretty slim. Ive had mine 11 months now and i know it has excluded me from alot of groups since you cant get really good resists with it (my reason for wearing it have been that i wanted to craft my own armor, which i have done now, just need it sc'ed :) )
2. Get Determination 4 as soon as possible. Ive gotten more groups since i respecced to this.
3. Be ready to run with any group setup - you will get more realmpoints in a less-than-perfect group than if you stand around forever waiting to get invited to a uber-fotm-grp.

Good luck.

Lizz

Fledgling Freddie
Wiebe said:
I'm a lvl 50 rr2 warrior and i want to join a RvR guild, there's just one problem. Every single RvR guild that is 'Recruiting' has the rr5+ policy (wich i totaly understand) and because of this i cant join a RvR guild. But also because i dont have a RvR guild i cant get rr5, at least this is a how experience it. Then add the fact that i'm a warrior and no1 in RvR realy wants more then 1 and i can forget about RvR.

Am i screwed? Am i looking at this the wrong way? Any idea is welcome :)

Thanks in Advance, Wiebe

Most groups use 1 warrio in group only.
I rather sit mtk than go without warrio...almost ;)
Warrio is a hard tank class to play, good warriors are rare.
Make sure u are capped and have the right Ra specs.
Lw1 is ur first ra.
Det4,purge,mobX...etc
Imo dont go for Ip as low rr.
Play alot be around when groups need a warrio, if ur good u end up on friends list and ull get pm from ppl lacking warrio.
Eventualy some guild think ur damn good, they lack warrio and ur in.

Good luck m8, study the way of a warrior, its not an easy class to play.

Stranger

Fledgling Freddie
Elitism or not, I know why BC dont take <rr5 tanks...
1. Some ppl join to get some rps and demand place in guild group and then is off with his friends to some fotm guild(need I mention names of those? think not)
2. Experience... especially being a tank, you need to know many things how to do something... be it successful guarding or good assisting.
3. RAs. Since most enemies are much tougher now and run overkill group as a tank determination 5, purge and mob2-3(min) for shield tank or DR3+ MoP3 for dualist is a must to be able to kill in hardcore action which is usual on excalibur.
4. Every morning groups start of a scetch and ppl take everyone even not 50ies, might be a good time to earn some RRs for you.
5. Odin/HW group - as from my personal experience these are zones for GREATEST and FASTEST realm points farming, but... sometimes you can meet rr10-11 fgs there or zerg... just get over it and start again and one more but is Odins has the blinding snow scenes(dont like to turning gamma up and down all the time for day and night)
6. Also gotta add that some guilds are language specific. As in BC some ppl dont speak english at all and when ppl see other language(russian in BC) in chat, they get confused and when ppl dont understand and dont reply, they count it as "leet" behavoiur. As to me Im glad to help to anyone with communiction within guild and outside of it. Mind that sometimes ppl may have bad mood and some ppl have it all the time, dont blame them hehe they need some :wub:

Hope this helps and NO you're not helpless, being a savage myself, my fotm is warrior and I love this class very much. So versatile(sp?) and very nice, especially kobby :clap:
Good luck :)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Nalistah said:
roll a savage, and everybody will l00ve you :m00:

Until 1.65, when the healers will go on strike if there's more than one Savage in a group.

Margaret

Loyal Freddie
I already do that.

Well, not really, but savages are a serious mana drain if you're the only healer in a group already - I shudder to think of how it'll be post-1.65.

Cerberos

Fledgling Freddie
I got my warrior to 4.1 solo some in df but mostly in keep takes/defence. Getting siegecraft to 68 and just run around with a treb will help you gain some rp pretty fast:)

Maybe warriors will take savages place in gank grp after 1.65, one can only hope:)

Wmv

Fledgling Freddie
Margaret said:
I already do that.

Well, not really, but savages are a serious mana drain if you're the only healer in a group already - I shudder to think of how it'll be post-1.65.
will not be that bad after 1.65 and toa one month later, all savages will go with 25% perma haste on their armor and only use dps shout

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Stranger said:
Elitism or not, I know why BC dont take <rr5 tanks...
1. Some ppl join to get some rps and demand place in guild group and then is off with his friends to some fotm guild(need I mention names of those? think not)

Still aint let that go have you ^^

Of course he's gonna leave if half of you can only speak russion and all his long time friends are in another guild

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
So poon tell me, I bet you are taking every epic Isenvakten around then? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom