Gorre - crash to desktop

D

Deskiziado

Cant enter gorre with normal 1.54 patched game (excal is still down) :-(

My O/S is Xp and my video card i geforce 2 mx 400
Say it because i've seen another player with same video card can't enter.

O

old.Eeek

I did complete reinstall (twice - have cable :) ) - same result
Updated directx just in case - same result
Updated Audio drivers - same result
Updated graphics drivers - same result
Changed some bios settings just in case - same result

Xp 1800+ PC with GF3 card - windows 98

Dont know if live patch will sort the problem out until I get home this evening /crosses fingers

Also note: this patch is not 1.54 - it is 1.54 with some changes (cloak bug fix etc) so the chance of something going wrong (GOA) is probably fairly high..given the lack of testing

D

Deskiziado

from: http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=696

-------

General

Patch day & notice.
[2003-15-01]

And so began the patch day…

Prydwen and Excalibur are now down and being patched to 1.54. A small amount of players reported crashing problems when connecting to GORRE while testing the patch 1.54. We could not identify this problem fully but the issue seemed quite rare.
If you are affected by this, reinstall Dark Age of Camelot fully and patch again. If you still have the problem after that, time to contact the Customer Support

On that, happy patch day !

<<<

--------

does that mean: if you can't enter f**k you ?

:) sorry, i wanna see my new 10 buttons qbar

btw, i can't enter excal :-(((

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Deskiziado

does that mean: if you can't enter f**k you ?

:) sorry, i wanna see my new 10 buttons qbar

btw, i can't enter excal :-(((

Excal was down... looks to be up now (70 people on it)

it means: if you can't enter, reinstall, failing that shout for help.

D

Deskiziado

excal is up atm, i entered to char selection screen, but crashed to desktop . same problen than trying enter gorre

i did a full game download (deleting all files but 2 needed to patch game), all my files are update.

now i can shout for help only

:-(

H H EEEEE L PPPPP
H H E L P P
H H E L PPPPP
HHHH EEEEE L P
H H E L P
H H E L P
H H EEEEE LLLLL P

:)

F

Flimgoblin

hrm...

People that logged into Gorre last night and got on - did they try it when it was french or german?

Or just from 1.52 patching?

P

Pin

Originally posted by Fingoniel

Excal was down... looks to be up now (70 people on it)

Being at the login screen counts as being logged on. So I presume those 70 people are in there, just about to be dumped to desktop.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by the_smurflord
To be fair, the vast majority of the testing for the original english version was done my mythic to begin with.

Correct, but it never seems to work out that way, does it?

Had to laugh seeing the crash-to-desktop problem existed when they put this live. Theres a workaround already, Im sure itll be fixed properly hours before I try to play - but its still amusing, at least to my warped sense of humour ;)

D

davince

same prob and now live ...

I hope they have noticed that the prob with connecting isn't "rare" as mythic likes to call it, and that they are working on it.
I just dont understand how it can happen that they released the patch live with a prob like this one :/ but hey lets give them some time to work it out.

F

Flimgoblin

or read three posts above and go to the official link :)

(better that than download stuff from random urls... :) not that you're likely to get many viruses with a bmp...)

L

lissandra

Originally posted by ethiraseth

lol, wish i could, i get a permission denied

edit: doh, the second i posted i could acces the page again

gah, downloaded that file, still cant play :(

edit again: lol, unzipped it to the wrong directory :p

Hahahahaha, talk about writing first and think afterwards :p

K

Keri

Why don't GOA just update the patcher???? The people I feel sorry for are those who are relatively new to the game, don't know too much about information available on the website, and don't know about this forum. They are basically screwed if the game just keeps crashing. There is no way players should have to go hunting for a missing file. Any missing files should be automatically downloaded and installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom