Gorre - crash to desktop

O

old.Eeek

Can log into the realm/character selection screens but no further - crashes to desktop.

Anyone know if this is a bug that can be solved or is it due to GOA playing about with the server at the time I was trying to log in?

Was a bit concerned as the patch goes live tomorrow and I would like to be able play afterwards.

D

Draylor

Typical

Too busy testing the translations to give any real time to testing the English version :rolleyes:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

You know... like the other day at work? When my computer wouldn't boot?

I was like "That must be GOA's fault!"

K

Kaah-Venom

First time I patched after the Excalibur version of Gorre went back up everything was in french. I was able to log in just fine thou. I deleted the cataloge and recopied it to get a nice and fresh patch :p. Now I get a crash to desktop. Very wierd...

A

Aule Valar

yeah i'm also getting a crash to desktop after the caracter selection screen, this is really annoying as i would quite like to test the new patches, esp gorre :)

A

Aule Valar

system is powerful enough my far, 1.4ghz 521 ddr ram 64mb geforce 2 and lots of hd space so can't see a problem tehre
running ME and still on directx 8.1 or so not 9, which could feasibly be the problem....

S

Sarnat

Most people having this problem seem to have DLed the wrong language version patch at some point. Am I wrong?

Maybe it's related to that.

A

Aule Valar

yeah i did that, but then went deleted it and started again, could be why i guess, will have to go and re copy/patch yet again :(

O

old.Eeek

Patched mine this evening just before starting this thread so dont think language has anything to do with this bug as it was english patch I downloaded.

S

shilak

Same problem, tried starting from scratch and still the same problem, think the english patch is bugged.

W

wolfspirit

Well hopefully its live tomorrow so be like a child at xmas and wait for santa to deliver

F

Feac_

worked ok on my pc but on wifes same thing crashed to desktop so copied my mythic folder to her PC and it worked fine logged in and dueled her now she gone to bed in a sulk :chortle:

A

Aule Valar

hmm now that is rather strange, anyone managed to fix it on their pc (ie without just copying from somewhere else?)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

It's amazing that you can't manage to wait a couple of hours until they patch the darn server...

Get a book/laid, lay down, watch TV.... but stop the whining.

A

Aule Valar

oh i'm awfully sorry we have a bug that stops me and others from being able to use 1.54 on gorre and therefore potentially when it goes live tomorrow, i admit wanting to test sc and alch to see which is more fun, and to try and the duels which is a naughty crime.

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Well if other people can use it but you can't, it might be to do with your setup maybe?

O

old.Glendower

Nothing a few nukes into the french heartland can't fix.

N

nju

send g. bush email saying the french are terrorists. they'll get the job done! ;)

poo on the us :|

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
Get a book/laid

Please, Sicko. concider the audience you're adressing...now their parents have a hard time explaining what a book is...
let alone the complications they'll have with getting laid..:p

F

Flimgoblin

hmm sounds like its some wacky files from somewhere

maybe they've gone and changed the patch server address or something daft.

Tried a full file check?

Hrm here's hoping it doesn't apply to the live servers :)

D

Deskiziado

i cant enter gorre too :-(
tryed deleting ALL files but camelot.exe and update.dat. downloaded full game from update server while sleeping but still can't playing gorre. have correct IP to patch to 1.54 to play in gorre, and can enter to char selection screen and create char, but it crash to desktop if i try play any char

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by Draylor
Typical

Too busy testing the translations to give any real time to testing the English version :rolleyes:

To be fair, the vast majority of the testing for the original english version was done my mythic to begin with. The main point of the testing GOA does is to resolve an issues with the translations. Then they just double check the changes they've made don't affect the english version. Don't forget they get a fully working english version to begin with, of course the amount of english testing will be minimal.
Also remember one fundamental principle: the testing period is for GOA to sort out problems, NOT to allow us to get a sneak preview and to try things out.

E

Eleasias

yep same here, cant play on gorre crashes on char selection :/ hope its not like this on excal when they patch up

F

Flimgoblin

Heh, don't think it's always a fully working version they get - didn't they miss out some textures before? :)

Maybe the patcher got a corrupted file on it?
That would explain the one copy being fine but the other not (rather than it being something to do with drivers/graphics cards not being compatible with something)

M

marach

im having the same problem

i have tried recopping twice and also tried to install a completely new daoc and download ALL the versions (GAH!)

and the shite still dosent work..!

would like to try the duels and the different crafting skills but most of all to use my realm respec and check out a specifik ra i dont know how good is.

it sux that some can some others.'

this might not be the right place but since im allready pissed here it comes.

I and i think many others first started playing this gave because it was very bugfree and coz we was bored of all the cheat in the diablo world. Then now we ld crashes all the time and there's lots of other bugs. We also have the DAoX wich is kinda lame cause it have gotten allmost as maphack was in Diablo.. ½ of the peeps playing using it. Might not be right but this is just what ive seen and heard

Midgard power!! nerf group purge and friars!!

Driz 50sb excal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom