Google's IM/VoIP service

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Google started an Instant message / Voice over IP (fancy word for internetcalls) program. It's still very much in Beta... but it looks promising :D

here it is

If you need an invite for gmail pm me your current mail addres and I'll throw you one ;)

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
too many people use msn at the moment to make this popular - and considering MSN comes with windows, I think it is hard to see people changing in the near future.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Google started an Instant message / Voice over IP (fancy word for internetcalls) program. It's still very much in Beta... but it looks promising :D

iirc You just need to be on an IP network, not specifically the internet. Which is why its voice over IP, not voice over the internet. It work's on any IP network not just the internet. :p But i guess google will run only over the internet but the technology is still voip :x

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Mojo said:
iirc You just need to be on an IP network, not specifically the internet. Which is why its voice over IP, not voice over the internet. It work's on any IP network not just the internet. :p But i guess google will run only over the internet but the technology is still voip :x

True... but try to explain the difference of that to the average computer user... :m00:

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
How do you make the msn audio work? It has never worked for me.
sent you a PM about google vioce Ingafgrrinn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom