Google to launch OS

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
BBC NEWS | Technology | Google to launch operating system

"We're designing the OS to be fast and lightweight, to start up and get you onto the web in a few seconds...the operating systems that browsers run on were designed in an era where there was no web" and that this OS is "our attempt to re-think what operating systems should be".

"We are completely redesigning the underlying security architecture of the OS so that users don't have to deal with viruses, malware and security updates.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'll go with "wait and see".

XP and vista were in the "net era" too, but ofcourse those are based on old OS.

Google-OS would be interesting to say the least, but if it can't handle stuff as well and is only basing it's OS on the "safe web" idea, it's going to suck big smelly CorNokZ's girl balls.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Linux based, so not a new O/S at all and lets be honest, as decent as Linux can be for certain things it is still far too fiddly for it's own good plus it sits ontop of an arcahic file system structure. Thanks but no thanks.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
so even there they're no better? :eek7:

"Internet era design", not true.
"Start up in seconds", every system does that for a while.
"Safe.", so...an operating system for people who don't know how to protect stuff?

STILL...wait and see from me, but why not point it out :D

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
that icon just look like its going to me an os that plays simon says (red green blue yellow yellow red)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom