Question Google - the right to be forgotten

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Good.

If it isn't in the public interest then you have every right to have your information removed...like the guy who went to court over this. Some bollocks about him having his house repossessed 10+ years ago or something...what's that got to do with anyone?

It will be abused to fuck though, like that peado that is trying to have his filthy habit hushed up.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not sure it solves anything. It just seems like DMCA for Personal Stuff.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah but apparently there isn't a cure for kiddie fiddling. Like any other sexual orientation. Once a peado, always a peado.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Good.

If it isn't in the public interest then you have every right to have your information removed...like the guy who went to court over this. Some bollocks about him having his house repossessed 10+ years ago or something...what's that got to do with anyone?

It will be abused to fuck though, like that peado that is trying to have his filthy habit hushed up.

I personally think it is going to be abused but it'll probably be very hard to manage any way, as for peados they are covered by things like ViSOR.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So, you would be happy for him to move in next door to a school or something?

Wherever they live there are going to be kids nearby.

Personally I think if you can't trust them on release, then they shouldn't have been released.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Wherever they live there are going to be kids nearby.

Personally I think if you can't trust them on release, then they shouldn't have been released.
Aye, this, we trust our prison service to release people when they think they can be - if they fuck up, they're in the shit

or at least that's how it's meant to work.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Good.

That's not exactly what the ruling says. If it passes in to law it allows you to ask Google to remove links to information about you - just remove the links from their search engine, not the information itself.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Once a peado, always a peado.

This is why the right to be forgotten is important. Society doesn't work if offenders cannot reform.

I may emotionally agree with what you're saying - and I certainly wouldn't like a known paedo living next to me - saying there's no chance of reform and that an offender will never modify his behaviour is an age-old argument that's already been lost.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Let's remember that it's a -correctional- facility, not a lock up for x amount just in case facility.

Not that the government uses it right, but still :p

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Oh so Google's the only search engine now?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's not just google that will have to do it...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
What EVERY search engine on the net has to erase search results for EVERY person who requests it...unworkable..like trying to stuff the genie back in the bottle

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What EVERY search engine on the net has to erase search results for EVERY person who requests it...unworkable..like trying to stuff the genie back in the bottle

Genies don't exist.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I think it's a bad thing personally, it's setting us off down a worrying road of net censorship, something I'm sure the EUSSR would love to implement fully.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Good.

If it isn't in the public interest then you have every right to have your information removed.

It isn't his information though. If it's in the public domain, it's the public's information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom