Google Talk

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
www.google.com/talk

give it a whirl, it's a little low on features but has everything i usually need

nice an clean, runs off jabber, snaps together in a rather fancy way

i really like it

(if you need a gmail account just say)

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Pretty cool, however, I could do with a gmail account, I signed up for one and its horribly horrific but I have a lot of stuff set up on it and just need another gmail account to do this.

Cheers if thats alright chap!

Clown

Part of the furniture
Doomy said:
Pretty cool, however, I could do with a gmail account, I signed up for one and its horribly horrific but I have a lot of stuff set up on it and just need another gmail account to do this.

Cheers if thats alright chap!
Where do you want the invitation sent to?

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Can't say I've tried the Google client as yet, since all my Instant Messaging happens on the Mac now. However, I'm impressed at Google providing such detailed set-up instructions for other clients (Adium, in this case).

The network seems very quick, it's notable now much faster my GTalk sign-ins are than MSN or AIM.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed Shovel :D Many other networks try their best to remain closed to third-party clients, particularly Yahoo! and AIM, it's nice to see Google adhere to Jabber's open-source outlook.

As for the client, it's very lightweight and simple to use. It perhaps lacks polish and some nicer features, but overall it's impressive for a beta product in a new area for the company.

Kind Regards

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
Google are planning on running their own net service. They've been buying lines in New York. So I've heard.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I've said it once, I've said it twice. Google are turning into the internet.

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
I'm waiting for someone to put the freddyshouse name in google colours :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom