Google image search your reputation!

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Well, wouldn't be suprised if one day the "rep glorification" lead to it's removal, like all other features due to "exploiting". Ie's been said before, talking about rep could lead to it's removal.

Yes the gallery bug was fixed after it was brought to daylight and exposed, much like the latest rep craze. Original postcount wasn't a bug on the other hand, it was a nice feature, that got abused and thus removed due to a-holes who like to stroke their epen.

Just saying, some things should stay in the dark for a reason. Gallery postcount was one of them.

Why?
We should be able to talk about stuff and play some games with it. Like the rep number google thingy.
That is not abusing... That is just using what you got infront of you.

You can't equal rep count and post count, since one of them is supposed to be removed and the other one isnt.

I get your point, but imo that is just wrong. As long as it is not posts with "givf repsssss!!!! PLX!!!"

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's just the way things work around here. Postcount, rep, the length of your epeen in general is not a topic that is liked very much. They are merely there for you(as in a "user of this forum") to make your stay more pleasent, not for all to oogle at.

The postcount made me all giggly inside, as does rep points, but i don't go around posting it for other people, even if it is disguised in picture form, as it's still, in general, waving your epeen.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
is that a stain I see?

Not really. I'm just curious why you hide the post count, but not the rep count... Reasons mentioned by other people etc.

EDIT:

Toht's reply, was basically my point... I was in a rush.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Kinkeh! :)

okladziny_dhs_874.jpg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Heh, lighten up grumpy old man.

I'm pretty sure that the thread had fuck all to do with "epeen waving". I doubt Vlad has the need to wave his epeen around - it's quite huge enough already.

And ofcourse Deebs knew about the gallery bug, so that actually makes less reason for him to remove it. If he didn't knew about it, sure I can understand that he removes it then, but not when it's been known for such a long time by so many people.

First off, i'm not grumpy. I'm just stating it as it is.

Second issue, the epeen waving. Which, as stated, is frowned upon in these parts.

From the other thread by Vladamir, in a similar fashion as the gallery postcount:

4441, and obviously waving my penis ladies :cool:

As it may very well be meant as a joke, that's exactly the kind of stuff that's always been the reason for removal of things. And quite clearly, is epeen waving. Admitted even. I can only assume, as the rep thread is so platantly a "Vlad&Co. epeen waving contest, that the postcount was one aswell.

About Deebs and his actions concerning the postcount removal, it's quite clear that it got removed because it was brought to daylight and not kept as an "inside" thing. Original postcount was removed because people acted like lil kids in a candy store, waving their respected parts around and sayig my count is bigger then yours. Disguising it as a picture thread, is no different.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Tbh Seel, I saw it as a really funny contest and not e-peen waving. That's me personally though, would've loved to see my result, even without posting the postcount with it =)

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
l2forum :( :)p)

I'm not discussing why it got removed before since I wouldn't know, I wasn't there. I'm merely stating that it shouldn't have gotten removed now from the gallery.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
As it may very well be meant as a joke, that's exactly the kind of stuff that's always been the reason for removal of things. And quite clearly, is epeen waving. Admitted even. I can only assume, as the rep thread is so platantly a "Vlad&Co. epeen waving contest, that the postcount was one aswell.

Wahah :d

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
l2forum :( :)p)

I'm not discussing why it got removed before since I wouldn't know, I wasn't there. I'm merely stating that it shouldn't have gotten removed now from the gallery.

And that's exactly what i'm saying, it would've been left in the gallery(no doubt about it), but it was brought to daylight, into the knowledge of all the possible +1 guys and blatantly advertised even.

If you're naughty, they take away the toys. Simple as that.

Trying to ignore your comments as they seem oh so informative and "adult". Either comment constructively or stop spamming.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
And that's exactly what i'm saying, it would've been left in the gallery(no doubt about it), but it was brought to daylight, into the knowledge of all the possible +1 guys and blatantly advertised even.

If you're naughty, they take away the toys. Simple as that.
Nobody was being naughty, it was a perfectly okay and rather fun thread. Nobody was posting any +1s. It is possible that some people were going to postfarm, but they didn't. Yet. I would've had no problem with it disappearing if it caused massive spam overall, but it didn't. You're saying that it _could_ cause this, but wtf, I could kill someone but they ain't locking me up are they.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nobody was being naughty, it was a perfectly okay and rather fun thread. Nobody was posting any +1s. It is possible that some people were going to postfarm, but they didn't. Yet. I would've had no problem with it disappearing if it caused massive spam overall, but it didn't. You're saying that it _could_ cause this, but wtf, I could kill someone but they ain't locking me up are they.

What do you expect would happen if postcount was brought back? It would result in the old style post farming, inevitably.

Now that the gallery postcount was brought to the overall public, it was a equivelant of bringing back the postcount altogether. So, it was removed for common good.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Can I jus point out one thing,

reread the entire thread from start to finish and you then understand why postcounts are not visible on this forum and never will be. They are a nuisance.

As for rep, if it gets abused then it gets removed. That's a simple fact. You have been given features to make your time here more pleasant if the features are abused they are removed.

This is my last post on this subject matter as frankly I am sick to death of it. Time to move along.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Well, wouldn't be suprised if one day the "rep glorification" lead to it's removal, like all other features due to "exploiting". Ie's been said before, talking about rep could lead to it's removal.

Yes the gallery bug was fixed after it was brought to daylight and exposed, much like the latest rep craze. Original postcount wasn't a bug on the other hand, it was a nice feature, that got abused and thus removed due to a-holes who like to stroke their epen.

Just saying, some things should stay in the dark for a reason. Gallery postcount was one of them.

Aye, too much rep tend to make some people post lots of rubbish just to get those easily entertained to rep them. Should make a rep voting system :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom