Google background image

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I know it's probably a marketing exercise or summit,but really it just pisses everyone off, reminding them that Google can do what they like and might just do it again.
Looked at Bing for the first time because of it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Wait, what?

Because they can change the appearance of their website they are "TEH EVILS!!!" ?

OK...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Job, you can change the background image. Stop crying.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What a stupid point of view, as Raven said, it's their website, they have every right to use it how they please.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Is it the picture of the wooden building thats upsetting?

Job

Well er no you can't actually without logging into Google.
And people with slooow connections or very limited PC power are going apeshit.
Yes it's only for today, but if you check the Google forums you'll find it's resoundingly pissing people off.
Bit like Googleupdater.exe
The only advantage I can see, which may be the one their looking for is to remind people they are there.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
They are a business, they exist to make money, they want people to register with them and log in as it increases their marketing and advertising power.

why is this really so hard to understand?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Google add a background image, so you go straight to the competing search engine that has always had a background image?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
lol what a great reason to throw toys out hahah well done

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Bing does it, so google decided to do it, simple as that really. It would be nice sometimes if these types of companies didn't feel the need to jump on every new bandwagon wouldn't it? I think the days of individual online corporate identity is a thing of the past now.

Job

Google has an unusual relationship with it's users, it is the de-facto search engine and built it's userbase on simplicity and trust.
I feel they have chipped away at both, I mean one of those images obscures the freakin text FFS!
Forcing people to accept what is usually a personal choice makes you feel they
are drifting towards the darkside.

Or it's a clever marketing technique to remind you how much we actually like their simple homepage and all that Bing shit is just fluff.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Shit doesn't appear on Opera, so np for me.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
/care??
Used google last night and it wasn't there, home from work today and there it is, ( I wasn't looking for smurf pron..honest) but why is it such an issue? Why would it bother you so much?

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
I never see the google image cause i'm logged into iGoogle. It's not difficult.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I don't know why people even visit the google hompage instead of just using a search bar (which every browser has now).

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Nice pics for whatever marketing point they wanted to make. I think most people were just indifferent but for some it was a real annoyance if they have less good equipment.

I chuckled that the only way I could see to easily change it was to sign up to Google. Possible impressive reverse psychology? :D

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I dont get it... Google always looks the same to me, sometimes they change the graphics on the google logo but thats it.

:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom