Goodbye

Fyren

One of Freddy's beloved
I was never a well known player, but I've been playing since open beta. I was 14 years old back then and I rerolled characters when people where mean to me. My brother and I shared an account (and a pc) back then and we sometimes fought about whose turn it was to play. I got my first lvl 50 char in 2005 or 2006 and I never got further than RR3.
By all means I was never a very successful player (unlike now :lol:).

And yet I had a lot of fun.
The first time I played in the BGs I had such an adrenaline rush I was shaking.
I also joined my guild there and those guys tolerated me for many years though I must've been annoying as fuck often times. It's been probably four years since I last played daoc and whenever I think about it, I still remember it fondly.
It was the best times I've ever had in a video game.

So I want to say thank you to Goa and all the guys and girls who worked there for making all of this possible.
And of course to my buds in the House of Rivera, you guys were awesome.
Also to everyone who played on the European servers; it was a great on-line community we had and I haven't found anything like it yet.
Hope to see all of you US side.

:cheers:

PS: I'm way cooler now :m00:

Stasi

Loyal Freddie
Did you play a hero or something? i was in HoR (void eld Stasis) before my real life buddy tricked me into Terra Dominus that i do not regret to day.

Do the couple that was founders i think, still play daoc?

MrBic

Part of the furniture
hey fyren!

so you play/will play on ywain?

let me know what realm/name you play.. got chars everywhere and would love to make fun of you again :sex:

and the original creators of HoR dont play anymore, unless they rerolled US and no one knows about it. currently Im the one in control of the guild and have been for 3-4 years I think

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
House of Rivera, blimey thats a blast from the past :)

Ludry

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Fyren, long time no see bud. Will see you on US im there atm mostly on my ranger, Leavi and druid, Tanabyrs. Oh and Bic are you moving HoR to Ywain cos i'd love to join with my toons there :)

WullieTheRed

Loyal Freddie
Bugger me, this is a wee bit of a trip down memory lane.

Get your lazy behinds over to Ywain pronto.

Fyren

One of Freddy's beloved
I must've been well wasted when I wrote all that, but good to see you all again nonetheless :D
As soon as Mythic lets us renew our subs I'll be over on Ywain.
I've got an rr3 VW, rr6 bard and rr4 druid with hopefully enough bps to kit out at least one of them, so I'll be going hib most likely.
Also the vnboards tell me they're underpopulated so that's good.

Got some questions though:
What guilds are you all in or are you looking to revive HoR?
Which char should I play? Is there anything lacking?
I'll play anything as long as it's not a vamp, mauler or stealther.
How are the yanks?
How is RvR and how is 8v8 played these days?

Looking forward to playing with you again!

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Look at all those old names, so who's gonna be on hib/ywain?
I need a guild

Nibble

Part of the furniture
aiteal some PM members are going to be:

Don't worry about it Alme.. Post Mortem was a spin-off from IG.
All the IG will get their rank etc i'm not doing it to steal anything... was before the news about EU merging with US.

Thesa

from thesa on another thread :)

MrBic

Part of the furniture
Hey Fyren, long time no see bud. Will see you on US im there atm mostly on my ranger, Leavi and druid, Tanabyrs. Oh and Bic are you moving HoR to Ywain cos i'd love to join with my toons there :)

Got a guild setup on y1 right now called The Riveras.. only me in it atm tho :p

I wont transfer my EU chars over since Ive got better chars on US already, just gonna pay for my 3 EU accounts and strip them off anything worth while.

Id love to setup an EU guilds with the people from HoR if you guys want to. just do /who riveras or /who free RPS and it will either be me or my brother playing

WullieTheRed

Loyal Freddie
Look at all those old names, so who's gonna be on hib/ywain?
I need a guild

Me and tana are running around nuts in Hib at the moment, bud.

I'll be on with either my Bm (Wullie) or the Mentie (Mawkit), so feel free to give us a yell. The US guys play well, with some really good RvR. A strange custom they have though, is to give me lots of plattage. A bit nutty, I'm sure you'll admit, but we must respect their traditions.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
HOLY SHIT STICKS!!! Wullie, Tana, Fyren, MrBic and Aiteal, ahhhh the good old days, remember my bm Wullie, that "parries like a hell demon on speed!" :p

WullieTheRed

Loyal Freddie
Sorry, Fyren, forgot to answer your questions. I'm a bit herbed up this morning.

Just roll whatever toon you feel happiest playing, bud, if later on you decide you'd rather play something different, then roll that. It's not like 1-50 is a chore anymore.

Fyren

One of Freddy's beloved
HOLY SHIT STICKS!!! Wullie, Tana, Fyren, MrBic and Aiteal, ahhhh the good old days, remember my bm Wullie, that "parries like a hell demon on speed!" :p

It's reunion on Ywain and attendance is mandatory!

Me and tana are running around nuts in Hib at the moment, bud.

I'll be on with either my Bm (Wullie) or the Mentie (Mawkit), so feel free to give us a yell. The US guys play well, with some really good RvR. A strange custom they have though, is to give me lots of plattage. A bit nutty, I'm sure you'll admit, but we must respect their traditions.

We should all do the same, you know, to fit in.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
I'm basically waiting for the EU-Ywain transfer, would love to join you guys again though, had some great laughs back in like....04-06? especially Wullie and MrBic!

Basically thinkin along the lines of just wait a while, and all I need to do is get a modern temp on a not all that far off RR6 champ, could probably run my old temp for a lil while as I try to get some Glass/scales and money.

Looking at a lot of recent temps, a few of my items are still viable, those being SoM, Scallers, Og Belt and maybe even Malice, given I have a 2H indipendent temp.

Need to get ML10 and CL10 too, if i recall right I only got to ML3 :/

MrBic

Part of the furniture
play eu servers now mike! we have 30 free days of play. im playing it full time atm. Farming for ywain :D

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Aiteal pointed me towards this thread....so many old names, hugs to you all.

I was in Ebony Hand, Blinx, farms, phantomby, therra etc

I look forward to bumping into you in NF, im on an SB called Ocykz on ywain. When we can transfer ill reactivate my old hibs and maybe see some of you online.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
I emailed mythic about gettin my account info back the other day but I'm yet to get a reply :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom