Goodbye

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
Just wanted to make a quick post to say good by the great people I've met in thid as I have decided to focus on other stuff for a while at least.

Im sure several people will be glad to see me go but to the following people I would like to offer my most heartfelt thanks for making thid fun.

To PDQ, what can I say, my partner in crime. The absolute best bard I have had the pleasure to group with in my time playing daoc. I have lost count the number of times our little duo has run in to the fights against stupid numbers an won due to his skills. M8, if you dont take your bard to 50 you are doing Hibernia an injustice.

To my guildies in TO, Healpad, Pix and Pist etc. Great guys and I will miss grouping with you on my vamp, good luck to you in the future.

Lastly I want to say bye to all the all the guys that have come to Hib from thier home realm to run with us a few times and also welcomed me when I holiday in mid and alb. Xehz, Mieke, Zdeath and Dorimor, you guys rock...

As for my reason for leaving, well there are a few reasons but the last straw was mythics nerf of the Vamp class the the patch yesterday, simply put the class does not perform any more. Some might say the class was "balanced" but as the only damage dealer our little duo it just doesnt cut it.

Bye for now...

Tundula - 24 Vamp retired after nerf 80 kills from MS :(

Simemir

Fledgling Freddie
What the buff scaling made you quit?

or am i missing something?

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
Simemir said:
What the buff scaling made you quit?

or am i missing something?

The buff scaling was the final nail in the coffin, yes.

Those who dont play a vamp might think it was justified, I however feel that the change alters the class (at least in thid) to a point where it is no longer viable in the role it played for me pre nerf.

Tundula

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
What coffin? Vamps needed a nerf bad, wouldnt you say? Bit silly that you would quit because of this, most would just accept a new challenge.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Illudian said:
What coffin? Vamps needed a nerf bad, wouldnt you say? Bit silly that you would quit because of this, most would just accept a new challenge.

Played a vamp in thid and i have to admit they were a bit OP.

Being able to take on pretty much most classes with the belief that you would win was just not right.

Not tried after the patch but will give it a run in the next few days to see if the change has balanced the class or gimped it.

(TD)Ruthless

Fledgling Freddie
GrafenburgMerc said:
Just wanted to make a quick post to say good by the great people I've met in thid as I have decided to focus on other stuff for a while at least.

Im sure several people will be glad to see me go but to the following people I would like to offer my most heartfelt thanks for making thid fun.

To PDQ, what can I say, my partner in crime. The absolute best bard I have had the pleasure to group with in my time playing daoc. I have lost count the number of times our little duo has run in to the fights against stupid numbers an won due to his skills. M8, if you dont take your bard to 50 you are doing Hibernia an injustice.

To my guildies in TO, Healpad, Pix and Pist etc. Great guys and I will miss grouping with you on my vamp, good luck to you in the future.

Lastly I want to say bye to all the all the guys that have come to Hib from thier home realm to run with us a few times and also welcomed me when I holiday in mid and alb. Xehz, Mieke, Zdeath and Dorimor, you guys rock...

As for my reason for leaving, well there are a few reasons but the last straw was mythics nerf of the Vamp class the the patch yesterday, simply put the class does not perform any more. Some might say the class was "balanced" but as the only damage dealer our little duo it just doesnt cut it.

Bye for now...

Tundula - 24 Vamp retired after nerf 80 kills from MS :(

Good Luck m8!! i also will be leaving Thidranki for a long time,maybe until Tunder comes back im going to miss you m8 you was a great friend and a great duo parter. I knew this day would come and yes i will be taking my bard to 50 i hope your right about me playing a bard in NF :touch:

Good luck to everyone in thid! :)

Pdqmezzin <onwards to 50!!!> :worthy:

noblok

Part of the furniture
GrafenburgMerc said:
How about a spear-hero or blademaster? They have decent damage output and nice utility styles. You can't really expect the vampiir to be able to do insane damage combined with the self-healing power it has.

Good to see vampiirs aren't overpowered any longer though.

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:
cant take been balanced i guess ;[?

You are missing the point completly.

This thread is to say goodbye to the people I know and have played with in thid. And if people want to discuss the vamp changes I will offer my opinions on them and add to any debate.

What I wont do is get involved in an argument with you following your rather stupid comment.

Blokkie, Vamps in thid had a higher dps than a bm and prolly still do. Mythic nerfed all the other attributes which is silly imho.

Im not dropping the vamp cos its overnerfed and I cant handle a challenge, I'm retiring it as it no longer does the job well enough in our duo, a bm would be a better choice now and I may return with one in the future, who knows.

Tundula

Zdeath

Banned
Was always nice to see you roaming in thid Tunder, made it feel alive.

Good luck in whatever you do! :)

Siesta

Fledgling Freddie
Bye m8y, was great to be able to play with/against you. Best, most respected vampiir there has been in thid and the many other classes you've rolled lately. :)

Wish you well in whatever your off to do now, hope ya come back sometime. :) I doubt your vamps nerfed that badly Tund, would be overpowered without buffs altogether. :D

Go go pdq, Gl with leveling! ;) Don't forget to play thid a bit tho!

Dorimor1

Banned
Don't have a go at Tunder, he did play an OP class, yes he is a cock (joke) but he played it damn well.

Sad to see you leave, I've left aswell for US servers, so how about you all flock back to thid now and have some fun, no more ggs to pwn you all xD

noblok

Part of the furniture
GrafenburgMerc said:
Blokkie, Vamps in thid had a higher dps than a bm and prolly still do. Mythic nerfed all the other attributes which is silly imho.
Mythic nerfed nothing but the vampiir's dps and survivability. They still have better survivability than bm's and you think they still have a higher dps. In exchange bm's get some nice utility styles, seems like a fair trade-off to me.

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
Not that i play anymore but i do remember u so just thought i'd post to say best of luck :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Dorimor1 said:
Don't have a go at Tunder, he did play an OP class, yes he is a cock (joke) but he played it damn well.

Anyone can spam an anytime and claw, nothing really much to a vamp in thid.

(TD)Ruthless

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:

yes but id like to see someone spam claw like tunder did! nobody can do it like tunder :clap: - i mean you saw his spam i dont think tunder was just another random vamp imo

:worthy:

Dorimor1

Banned
Eversmallx said:

I guess he spammed anytime claw very well then! xD

Though I must admit playing my bonedancer probably took a lot more skill, instant lifetap is hard to master.

Chance

Loyal Freddie
(TD)Ruthless said:
Good Luck m8!! i also will be leaving Thidranki for a long time,maybe until Tunder comes back im going to miss you m8 you was a great friend and a great duo parter. I knew this day would come and yes i will be taking my bard to 50 i hope your right about me playing a bard in NF :touch:

Good luck to everyone in thid! :)

Pdqmezzin <onwards to 50!!!> :worthy:

Need healer for thid when facehug doesn't want to lead... so you just keep that char at lvl 24 :clap:

living

Fledgling Freddie
I figured that vamp was some fotm kid from day 1. Just with a kitted out gear. This just confirms it, quits the moment he cant 3hit peopel anymore. :)

Shame though, my SB finally had a chance with the crush buff.. Any vamp who still has a decent brain playing them are still a threat - just too few who even use the end buff at first to make you useless..

I admire the bard though - he played well with a real class unlike hes group mate ;D

Okki

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
Illudian said:

Gotta see it from this perspective too tho:
Vamps cant be buffed all others can
I dont know how much the "built in" buffs as a vamp got nerfed at lvl 24 but if its lower buffs than buffs from a buffbot then they put vamps in a rather bad situation.
Ofc ppl can say "I dont care they deserve it" etc but u gotta see it from a neutral perspective too.

living

Fledgling Freddie
Maoni said:
I dont know how much the "built in" buffs as a vamp got nerfed at lvl 24 but if its lower buffs than buffs from a buffbot then they put vamps in a rather bad situation.
Ofc ppl can say "I dont care they deserve it" etc but u gotta see it from a neutral perspective too.

The class was made to ppl who did not have a buffbot, if they are slightly lower im sure those who have none dont care ;D The buff dont affects people at 50, was lowered this way because vamp's dominated BG's

noblok

Part of the furniture
Maoni said:
Stats isn't all though. A vampiir's spells make up for the loss in stats. Well, they used to do more than that in the earlier patches, haven't logged on since the new patch.

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
Maoni said:

Hit the nail right on the head...

Tundula

noblok

Part of the furniture
GrafenburgMerc said:
Hit the nail right on the head...
Vampiirs have more survivabilty than bm's and you think they still have a higher damage output as well. Blademasters in exchange get better utility styles. I call that balanced.

They've got lower stats, but that doesn't really matter when they have still a good damage output due to claw and good survivability due to hot.

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
living said:
I figured that vamp was some fotm kid from day 1. Just with a kitted out gear. This just confirms it, quits the moment he cant 3hit peopel anymore. :)

Shame though, my SB finally had a chance with the crush buff.. Any vamp who still has a decent brain playing them are still a threat - just too few who even use the end buff at first to make you useless..

I admire the bard though - he played well with a real class unlike hes group mate ;D

Okki

FOTM kid I am not, in fact of the Hib tanks, the vamp was the last class I tried but fact is it does the job better than the others due to its ability to keep on truckin where the others need to stop and rest. For the record, I also have a Master Soldier Druid in thid...

Tundula

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
Vampiirs have more survivabilty than bm's and you think they still have a higher damage output as well. Blademasters in exchange get better utility styles. I call that balanced.

They've got lower stats, but that doesn't really matter when they have still a good damage output due to claw and good survivability due to hot.

Vamps have less defence than a BM now due to weaker armour, No passive defences and the recent 100 hp drop. Compine this with rogue weapon skill and you have a very poor substitute for a BM in a light tank role despite slightly higher maximum dps.

Tundula

noblok

Part of the furniture
Defence != survivability. Vampiirs still have hot, bm's have no defence when they get hit outside of their front arc either, which is where the enemy will be most of the time in group RvR.

/edit: there is indeed still the leather-reinforced difference though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom