Goodbye to cF

O

old.Ego

just read about your retirement, and can i be one of the first to thank you for some excellent games, demo's and even public games that i've played with and against you guys on. I WILL be playing against you again in Tribes2 (when it comes out) no doubt. But until then, how'd you say, Aurevoir :)

P.S. That flash movie had me, my wife and even mother in-law pissing ourselves laughing (though for different reasons :)) Well done!

O

old.[TMC]Santro

I would echo Ego's post - it would have been interesting to see how you guys would have done against [TMC] but you never quite stooped to our level ;)
Your flash movie is the funniest thing I've seen in ages -
You certainly disced 'em your way!

Anyone get the feeling that T1 is dying - slowly but surely!
Come on Dynamix hurry up with T2!

O

old.<D>Raze

Tribes 2?????

Tribes dying, Nah i disagree, just because cF have left the tribes world doesn't mean its over. There are still lots of tribers out there, example dominion are a new clan just joined BWTL this season and were hoping to do well. However most of the old clans have moved to the ladder :-/. Stick to BWTL guys.

Dominion

O

old.[TMC]Santro

Umm - I wasn't suggesting that just because cF were quitting - Tribes was starting on the slippery slope. I felt it was far more widespread than that.
The public servers are getting quieter - half the time these day's, there is only one CTF game with anyone in it (in the BWTL servers). Admittedly, there is normally a TAC and a C&H server with a reasonable number of people playing but this is a far cry from when I got into the game a couple of years ago.
It is encouraging I suppose to see 'new players' in the public servers - even if they have dsl/cable pings, can cap at warp factor 3, mine-disc everyone in sight, hit ya with a laser rifle whilst you're escaping at 3000ft in the fog with the flag and camp by your gens whilst heavily shielded with a similar m8 with Inv station and repair pack.
These people generally go by the name of 'Complete Newbie' or simply 'new player' ? - Umm!

O

old.mad12

I agree with Santro, altho I don't wont this thread to turn into a rant - there seems to be a few ppl aliasing as New Player or Beginner.

While I don't mind aliases I find this particular alias arseholish (a new word yes), as the player is not a beginner.

Ever been on a server and been playing against a newbie and you've given them a chance? I try to do that as much as possible, (altho not against HH bless :)), and to find someone aliasing and taunting under these nicknames is annoying.

Anyway nuff ranting - cya in T2 cF

mad

O

old.<D>Raze

Not sure.

About santro's post about empty server's. If you notice on the Uk servers list, there are what? 50 servers?

Lets say 25-35 of them are locked servers, in use by either leagues or clan training servers. (does anyone ever use them training servers set up by spear coz there always empty).

The other 15 are either Full (as usually BW CTF 1, 2 and 3 are) very laggy, or empty. So than means there's knowhere really to go for a quick game.

I have noticed tho, as soon as i go on an empty server it fills up with other ppl. Its just there isn't anywhere for people to go.

And in reply to mad12, it annoy's me too. It also annoys me when people don't use there clans tags on IRC or in public games. I display my tags with Pride.

L8rs ppl, keep on tribin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom