Goodbye one and all

O

omen_darkstep

I have been playing euro daoc since day 1 of beta, and it's been fun, but due to the fact I have now got a new job, swg is coming out soon, and i dont like the limitations of the game anymore (ie. zero roleplay capabilities - i may as well play quake), I'm leaving.

So bye to everyone I have played with over the past year - esp all of Savage Conclave; all the original blades - svartalf, azal, death; my old guild Purple Warriors; and lastly my nemesis Niar.

And how did I end the game? With an RR4 lev 50 blade with various ra and 600 odd tailoring, a lev 25 mend/aug healer, a lev 18 hunter with 550 fletching, and a level 11 dark specced runey. Thanks to all the guys who twinked all my chars (apart from Omen) up... I won't be needing the stuff in my vault now.

Hope to see most of you on www.starwarsgalaxies.com - from the looks of things when it gets released all other mmorpg companies will be going bankrupt.

Last word - some of you REALLY need to get a life and stop playing the game for 10 hours a day. Joking aside, it's not good for you.

B

Brannor McThife

May see you there. I'll probably be some arb trader or something. ;)

Been a pleasure knowing you Omen, will miss seeing your kobbie ass out there.

/salute

-G

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Cheerio Omen.

Well done on the RL stuff too :)

Will definately be visiting "A Galaxy Far Far Away" next year, so might see your alter-ego there.

Best of luck

V

varhees

Don't know you ;)

But good luck with your life after DAoC :)

/cheer

O

omen_darkstep

Oh yeah, if anyone sees a character called Mentazm in swg say hello, coz that will be me :)

O

old.tRoG

always sad to lose a player.

especially one who isn't an l337 d00d :(

F

Fex

Cya Omen, sad to see you go, the whole of SC will miss your cheerfull little face after you just missed a PA on Niar ;)

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Best of luck Omen.

Who is Animus Darkstep, then?

O

old.Trine Aquavit

There's a whole clan of Darksteps in SC, including Omen, Animus and Deviant (all different players - but related in-game, I believe).

We're also got a bunch of Svens:

Svendoc
Svenstoneheart
Svenfleet

are all different peeps, too, though just to make things extra confusing Svenbow is Doc's alt :)

M

Melodic

yay one SB down, 355 to go..... :p

just kidding, hope everything goes well for you

H

Hufner

Bye Omen, sad to see you go :(

I'll be watching my back in SWG, never know what you'll do there :p

O

old.Ozird Rinfut

Bye Omen, hope you have fun in this so called thing called "Real Life" (Do they have own TeamLeaders there you can voice yer complain to as well? Ingame support maybe? ;))

Take care!

O

old.job

Any Alb's wanna follow him, no really SWG is really good I've heard from the guy in our chippy, his mum know's a guy who 's a cleaner at Lucas Arts, he reckon's the game is bitchin.

So come on ALBY'S you'll love it, of course being Albs you'll wanna be on the winning side so join the Empire, cos you can't fight City Hall.

S

Solid

Bubye Omen :D good luck in new job and SWG, hopefully may see you there, depending on how fast they release

V

Vell

Take Care Omen. Was good to know you for the short time I did. Purple Warriors forever!!!!!!

S

SFXman

Ok, later although I do not know you.

from the looks of things when it gets released all other mmorpg companies will be going bankrupt.
Right... I highly doubt this. Not all want to be amongst a community full of many kids who want to become big bad jedis and then complain about why it is so hard to become one.
The one thing one MMORPG can never conquer is imbalance and this will cause whinging in eeeevvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy single one.
Last word - some of you REALLY need to get a life and stop playing the game for 10 hours a day. Joking aside, it's not good for you.
Anyone else not bothered by this comment? :rolleyes:
I mean sure I might not do this but I still find it a tad bit annoying to see someone say it... playing 5+ hours a day one can still have a life and a very good one too, just don't do that every day :)
Actually I can't even imagine how I could do that every day.

I do confess that at times I completely agree with this statement but usually not. The times I do people just go over the top because they take it so seriously.

O

omen_darkstep

Originally posted by SFXman
Right... I highly doubt this. Not all want to be amongst a community full of many kids who want to become big bad jedis and then complain about why it is so hard to become one.
The one thing one MMORPG can never conquer is imbalance and this will cause whinging in eeeevvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy single one.

I do confess that at times I completely agree with this statement but usually not. The times I do people just go over the top because they take it so seriously. [/B]

First of all the amount of time sony/lucasarts have spent developing SWG is AMAZING - they have really done their homework lets just say. Admittedly I am NOT the worlds biggest fan of SW - however, the mmorpg looks set to turn me into a full convert to the universe... the scope for RP is unbelievable - lets just say UO style RP capabilites (multiplied by about 10) with the gfx/interace of everquest/daoc (multiplied by about 10).

As for people taking the game too seriously - this was a major factor in me leaving. I actually started feeling guilty playing this game cause people treat it so seriously - ffs - lighten up! It's only a game! In the end all the alliance stuff (on pryd/mid at least) really really got to me and I decided to go it alone.

B

Belsameth

Cya Omen, best of luck in SWG.
was always a sight so see you run past. you ARE sort of a midgard hero, after all

can I see hands for a statue in Jord? (we'll make it 10x life size, so it won't get in the way too much :p )

K

Khalen

BB Omen :(

PS. There's been talk that SWG won't come out until Winter 2003....

O

omen_darkstep

Originally posted by Khalen
BB Omen :(

PS. There's been talk that SWG won't come out until Winter 2003....

According to the official site beta 3 and 4 have been rolled into 1 and starts next month. They are still aiming for release between december and february and are saying it's more likely to be feb.

iain

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom