Goodbye before i've even started (Camlann Muppets)

S

sugah

Well i thought i'd try camlann out today. Started up a valewalker and as soon as i'd done the /Level and got lvl 20 i was dead to a bonedancer named acidan. Pissed off i thought what the hell and rerolled the char. Went back and /leveled to 20 and was dead to a runemaster named dwery. So i thought i'd give it one last shot to start on this server. I rerolled and did /level and got killed by a ShadowBlade named fliola. released and wrote this whine and while i was writing this i get killed yet again by someone called swane. Well thanks alot Camlann it was worth my time to run from the forestor trainer to the valewalker trainer and die 4 times. I pray that not everyone on your server are like these Muppets i've ran into.

/whine off

O

opoc

Not all, most and mostly they are in certain guilds *cough* requiem *cough* gde *cough* etc :eek:

T

temseti

It's PvP server, what do you expect? If the people who killed you were purple con then that sucks, but otherwise i guess it's fair play. Best thing to do is to avoid the lamer hotspots and gain a few levels in a dungeon...it will give you the gold and items you'll need too.

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by sugah
Well i thought i'd try camlann out today. Started up a valewalker and as soon as i'd done the /Level and got lvl 20 i was dead to a bonedancer named acidan. Pissed off i thought what the hell and rerolled the char. Went back and /leveled to 20 and was dead to a runemaster named dwery. So i thought i'd give it one last shot to start on this server. I rerolled and did /level and got killed by a ShadowBlade named fliola. released and wrote this whine and while i was writing this i get killed yet again by someone called swane. Well thanks alot Camlann it was worth my time to run from the forestor trainer to the valewalker trainer and die 4 times. I pray that not everyone on your server are like these Muppets i've ran into.

/whine off

I've offered Camlann numerous opportunities to prove to me it's not a gank fest, but since the /level command it's got worse. Soloing players, even up to mid 30's, are pretty much screwed as the current trend seems to be to grab a few of your guildies, /level a load of alts to 20, then wander to the spawn points/brindstones/city gates/border keeps, and just gank everything. Even /release City has become pointless, as the exits are 99% of the time camped by 20th alts.

not much point anymore, and no one gives a toss - not even mythic/goa...

O

opoc

Enterance camping is annoying if i try go out with an alt and its camped though i get my shaman and wipe them out then go out with my alt :p

Most campers of enterances are low lvl unless its df, then its usually requiem, gde or some other high people and then it seems really lame they got lvl 50 just to stand at df killing greens and greys all day :eek:

B

Bellona

there are teleporters in the capitals, so you can teleport to various locations in the realm, and avoid the entrane campers, when i get to some place where i dont know the situation, ill just sprint away as soon as i get there, or atleast did at lower lvls, being lvl 43 is much more "normal" since most of those uber camping towns are grey, once in a while some greens, and then ofc the 2 lvl 50 lamer bonedancer, bigbadman and some other that always camps some small town. sigh.

O

old.Dillinja

...aaand the moral of the story is:

Don't play a valewalker.

A

Axuk

What frustrates a lot of English players is that Camlann offers them the only opportunity they have of playing all three realms of the game supposedly in English.

Once you have chars on Alb/Pryd and Hib/Excal if you want to play the third portion of the game you pay for, GOA tells you that you are welcome to try out the third realm on the third official English speaking server.. Camlann.....

They have no concept of how unplayable Camlann is, when people have to jump through hoops just to actually create a character and /level it without being constitution bankrupted from the word go, one-shotted as soon as you make the tenth click on your trainer by some sad purple con doofus who has clearly spent all his game time camping the trainers.

If you do manage to come up with a sneaky way of creating a char and getting it to TNN naked and penniless to collect your n00b armour and actually spend your training points without being insta-ganked repeatedly, then you are unable to leave TNN anyway.

And yes I've heard all the moronic :it's a PvP server cry more n00b crap, but at the end of the day, the point is that the third English server should not be a PvP server...

Most of those who go to Camlann to try a third realm are more than happy to join in the PvP - of course they are - they are well aware its the PvP server... but for god's sake they have to be allowed to make the char, and spend their training points before the slugfest begins.

What dumbnut made it so that you create a char in the Grove of Domnann yet have no PvP immunity there like there is in TNN nor any NPC handing out free crap armour and weapons.

Mythic is at fault here. They should not have made a PvP element of a game that wasn't designed to be PvP to this extent and if they were going to introduce PvP then they should have implemented it properly to make things like this impossible for the griefers instead of simply blanket removing the ability of players to kill each other.... which is all they have done for DAoC PvP.

This is not true PvP its a less than half-hearted attempt at one by Mythic.

B

bob007

If you roll and si class and have to start in an SI area follow these steps,

1, Target trainer and do level. Then target trainer once and once only. You are lvl 2, no money and unkillable.

2, Get a kill task, Any named guards around give them, Kill mob, LvL to 3 and see guard, lvl 4. Then do same for 5, You can now do 5 tasks without hitting lvl 6.

3, Find a high spot and jump If you don't die, Jump again. You are now dead.

4, /release city. You are now in your major city with 2 things. A, a little bit of money. 5s for a port to a surrounding town is all you need. and B, you can get your free armour.

5, Finish lvl at desired trainer and go get your free gear. Port to a surrounding town. (i surgest you make an alt that can be deleted to check for population and escape point.

6, Once you've done this, Find a quiet area in any realm with a horse and a bind stone. Bind there. This will be your safe place for your entire time. Do not check bind points.

7, Find quiet place to exp, Nothing close to major cities. This is a death wish, Find a place as far as posible and you'll find that anyone around isn't wanting to PK you as they are there for the same reason.

8, Trust no 1. Don't whine if you get PK'ed it still happens in out of the way places. If you think you can return the favour, Go back and Kill them back. If they whine in a pm, Say returning the death, This will normally end most whines. Ppl like to pk, but they don't like being PK'ed, More often then not they won't return.

9, Follow steps 1 - 8 and have fun after all, We all there to pk in the end.

9a, This also works for none si classes as well :)

S

Surgeon-Elite

Chin up!

Revenge is sweet... at least it was for me. When i was making my Kobold BD i started in a the town of atla being a kobold and there was a shaman with his 2 stealther mates totally ganking the hell out of everyone. As soon as i had done /lvl 20 i was killed b4 i could put a spell on my qbar by them.

Few days later and lvl 27 i was doing my njessie quests and found the same lamos PK'ing everyone in Atla (obviously trainer campers) and stooped to killing my 1st grey (muhahah stfu Dranc i kill u whenever i see u now). His stealther mate was less then plzed and made a /rude gesture on me and stealthed trying to get away. she was pvp immune and i just used /stick and killed her green con ass and spammed /rude.

Was great cos Dranc fetched his lvl 50 to come kill me but i took a horse ride out just as he was coming in. Sweet day :)

B

bob007

Re: Chin up!

Originally posted by Surgeon-Elite
Revenge is sweet... at least it was for me. When i was making my Kobold BD i started in a the town of atla being a kobold and there was a shaman with his 2 stealther mates totally ganking the hell out of everyone. As soon as i had done /lvl 20 i was killed b4 i could put a spell on my qbar by them.

Few days later and lvl 27 i was doing my njessie quests and found the same lamos PK'ing everyone in Atla (obviously trainer campers) and stooped to killing my 1st grey (muhahah stfu Dranc i kill u whenever i see u now). His stealther mate was less then plzed and made a /rude gesture on me and stealthed trying to get away. she was pvp immune and i just used /stick and killed her green con ass and spammed /rude.

Was great cos Dranc fetched his lvl 50 to come kill me but i took a horse ride out just as he was coming in. Sweet day :)

Hehe days like that are few, But they make up for the bad days i must say :) n1

O

old.Trulla

/whine off

What is your intention on camlann? To xp and do pk when 50 or pk from lvl 20? If you wanna xp to 50 solo it is really easy.. lots of spots uncamped. If u wanna pk from 20 then just camp (like u apparently did)

but plz.. go solo in pk areas with a VW :clap:

A

Axuk

Read the original post... people can't create a character...... and if they manage to get to TNN to do it.. they can't get out of there unless you set your alarm clock at do it at 4am!

O

old.Trulla

Originally posted by Axuk
Read the original post... people can't create a character...... and if they manage to get to TNN to do it.. they can't get out of there unless you set your alarm clock at do it at 4am!

Cant create a character? /release city.. bind at porter.. port ardee.. bind ardee.. ride to Tir uphost.. there u can get your safe xp

If u want it to be hard, I guess u can make it hard

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Don't try to reason with the greygankers or the pvp-server community as a whole... just don't play on the server...

I had a /leveled bonedancer just to try out a nice midgard SI class... after about 12-13 deaths, no cash and german swearing i'd had enough and stopped playing there...

I wait for the day those same people start whinethreads about having a high RR char on an empty server and pleading goa for char transfers...

B

barevoose

/whine off

just rolled an animist ( i have my ways of escaping the pks before getting my armour) and got some silver together by 1 pk (yellow with armour) then decided to go to goth because i know its one of the more quiter pk areas and possibly good for animist but not completely desserted what met me there was a gank squad of about 4 infils who killed me about 3 times then a purple bd came along fair enough i thought because the infils attacked him and they were all massacre'd ( excuse spelling :))then the bd called acidic started attacking me ..he did this 5 times even once while someone had mezzed him he set his pet on me :( (btw this bd 2 shots me) i am obdviously green to him so he gots1 rp off me the 1st time and a bag of coins but then he chains me for my crappy 57 silver...thanks for ruining a char i spent 30 mins setting up u really are stupid :( i think we can all now add acidic onto our black list after these occasions (see above quote) whine off...

Z

Zephyrx

You can put all bd's at the black list, they're only there to wtfpwn as much as they can

H

Hoopo

don't put my bd, I usually only attack if someone attacks first :scared:

O

old.Lianuchta

I don't get it... Why do you keep releasing to the same place if you're geting chained by a camper? /release city and find somewhere else to go, or release in goth and then port from there.

B

belth

Roll char, get killed, reroll, get killed, make troll BD this time, short jog to jordheim, ding 20, get free armor, go outside, kill the 2 skalds camping the doors, spot a random red, kill him, get bored, log out. Log back in a week later, kill 2 other /level 20 BDs because you specced for the 1st pet buffs, get ganked by purples. Decide it's way too boring.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by belth
Roll char, get killed, reroll, get killed, make troll BD this time, short jog to jordheim, ding 20, get free armor, go outside, kill the 2 skalds camping the doors, spot a random red, kill him, get bored, log out. Log back in a week later, kill 2 other /level 20 BDs because you specced for the 1st pet buffs, get ganked by purples. Decide it's way too boring.

So is pretty much anything in DAoC if you put that little time into it.

B

belth

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
So is pretty much anything in DAoC if you put that little time into it.

Just PvP server t.t

B

barevoose

when was the last time u agreed with anything?

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by barevoose
when was the last time u agreed with anything?

Who are you exactly?

I would say I'm probably agreeing whenever I'm not disagreeing, which is usually about 50% of the time.

O

old.Nedowiz

what bob007 said.... get that little cash to be able to port then /release city....aint harder then that. If you say entrances are allways camped youre not really trying (No I am not trying to sound like mr leet dude)

TNN N entrance....left there with /level chars loads of times...sneak out there go to Moher and you have exping grounds for loads of lvls if you want.....
Port Ardee
The Cam entrance not leading to Cots/PK

It aint "that" hard.....Trulla is right in this imo. Just get out of the crowded areas. Which is about.....5% of server max...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom