Goodbye, Au revoir, auf Wiedersehen, whatever

S

SilverHood

Well, my account expired yesterday, and to be honest, I see no reason to let GOA take more of my hard earned cash. Or Mythic for that matter.

I'd rant and rave all day long, but since I stopped playing, I stopped getting worked up about how overpowered some classes were, and how gimped others are: I have been able to enjoy playing games again, and just gernerally not been an addict to daoc.

Started playing decemeber 2001, quit a while ago now, was a mighty armsman in beta, soloer of all things yellow and blue!
I achieved the grand level of 17, and never got to try RvR at all.

I was sceptical about actually buying the game because of the sub charge... but I had just started work, so I guess it wouldn't be too much trouble.
My brother played Midgard in beta, and where albion had seemed like an unorganised horde, midgard had some semblance of structure.
So when I finally went and bought the game, I joined midgard.
I had heard that the all danish guild, DH would be there (my bro was in it), so that would be a guild to aspire to join. Or something. I had heard good things about the skald class, but Thanes were what really drew me to in... a class that did magic and could hold his own against monsters. The best of of 2 worlds, or so I thought... That was a long time ago...
Exping as a thane was never that hard... I could solo most things my level, sometimes, I could kite oranges. It went reasonably well.
I joined DH around lvl 15, and a big thank you to the orignal people who started that guild.... even if you all left, I made some good friends there, and continued to stay friends with them, in the guild Call of Heimdal (coolest emblem, ever). Things were quiet in the guild, and I was a bit bored of midgard. So I went to play albion on excal again. I started a scout... and that was cool enough. Except I was a social, and group lepper, and who in their right mind wanted a scout in ther group. Apart from some online friends from some other forums, I pretty much soloed my way to 27. I experienced the joys ganking xp'ers in uppland and yggdra (getting there at lvl 27 was bloomin hard), and had some good RvR moments there. But leveling my scout solo was a chore, I could solo double as fast with my thane, so I scrapped my scout, that holy grail of being lvl 50 beaming at me in the distance.
Well, I got there in the end with my thane, and was still moderatly sane after 6 levels of Malmohus (I hope).
CoH later merged with Shadows of Ragnarok, and thats probably the only thing that kept me playing this damn game :)

Anyways, I'm rambling (should see me in /gc sometimes ;) ), so I'm gona make a huuuuuuuge list of people I'd like to thank. Well, the non guild ones anyway, cos the SoR peeps know who they are ;)

.... Faye, the skald in red.... first person with Dye I'd ever exp'ed with... made me stay away from red forever, because it looked horrid (luv ya ;) )

Tidus, and the early White Rose peeps, for dragging me all over Vanern and skona, and to varulvhamn at around lvl 30... it was a guild hunt, and it was nice to be allowed to keep the spot, even when there was someone else waiting.

Rild and his brother Rarn, and whatever alts they play these days. Hej SKE! ;)
Big SKE! to to Zarff, Torden, Kephan, Dwendorine and Damon as well.. I'll miss talking to you guys :)

Blej (and name variants), for not being the asshole some people think he is ;)

Now, for the Feds bit... our own Unlce Sam... erm Roo, I mean :D
Thanks for running that alliance to the best of your ability, and keeping me interested in the game all this time. Big thanks to Nico and the rest of Fedaykin as well, always up for a bit of out of the ordinary fun.

I'm doing my A-level exams at the moment, so a better time to quit couldn't come.... ;)
I'll be playing PlanetSide until SWG comes out, and then we'll see... hopefully I'll quite a few known faces when that game comes out...

Finally, a big thank you and goodbye to all the other people I've played with during my nearly 2 months of real time play; those who led relic raids, those who led pve hunts, those who let me see legion for the first time, those who generally did their bit to make Midgard the best realm of the server.

I'll miss you :)
Korvarn the Thane signing out

C

Cami

Best of luck mate, hope to see you in another game :)

Will miss you :)

O

old.Zarff

take care m8! and have fun! ...(u will b back tho :p ) ... no1 can resist my dwarven charm! well hope to c u again soon m8, if it's in daoc or a new game!

D

Dwarfdeep

Cya Korvy

:( :(

GL IRL and SWG (waiting for Middle-Earth Online myself)

S

Solid

GL matey, hopw to see u in WoW, infact I demand it :D

and Good luck with them A-Levels

and remember:

UNI ROCKS

T

tindel

Originally posted by SilverHood

.... Faye, the skald in red.... first person with Dye I'd ever exp'ed with... made me stay away from red forever, because it looked horrid (luv ya ;) )

*gasps* I'm Impressed people still remember her.. Korvarn you will be very missed, take care hun. :(
/p

M

mavericky

Bye Korvarn, was an Honour to be in a guild with you, see you in the next game :)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Big empty troll shaped space in Midgard now, but not as big as the guy behind the toon.

Known you so long in game now I can't even remember since when.

On the plus side I know I'll be seeing you around in various virtual worlds and galaxies ;)

And btw I've seen you playing - the char may have been gimped, but the player wasn't... isn't.

Take care Korvy, all the best for the future.

I'll prefer to think of ol' Silverhood as sleeping, not gone.

/wave

D

Damon_D

Bye m8 and good luck on the exsams ...Another of the good one's bites the dust :(

And no that emblem was not good looking you big lump off troll you :p

Kan du hygge dig din store skee ;)

B

Bagloor

Best of luck with your exams Korvarn and irl

/wave

K

Kharok Svark

Best of luck in RL Korvarn ... see you in SWG

J

Jaem

bb Korvy, will miss those big hammers :D

Was fun on SoR's "RvR" nights with you :)

/hug

maybe see you in another game in the future :)

W

Wij

I shouldn't be saying this to a DAoC-dude but... stay on the forums ! :D

S

SuperTroll

and look who u missed out:

Nate, Adola, Noir, Savoury, Flank, Nateo, Natina, Stabatha.

pfft :D

bye matey ;) i'll miss kicking ur ass in duels :D only kiddin, good luck with ur exams and things. got my last one coming up too :( then summer holiday!!! :) :) :)

Nate

M

Madonion Slicer

Will see you in Planetside no doubt, lets hope it not at the end of your sight.

O

Old Nicodemus

<the cranking of winches and the creaking of wood, the old mage steps out from behind the wooden monstrosity wearing a strange leather cap with what appear to be some sort of eye glasses>

Ah! Korvarn!

Welcome to the troll thrower 4000. Beauty ain't she?

<stares up at the Borderkeep walls>

Well no time like the present.. in you hop...

<Grabs Korvarn's boulder like hand and gives it a shake, while guiding him to the large spoon like object at the end of a large wooden beam.>

Been a pleasure matey. Hope to see you on the other side one day. Be careful of those strange creatures known as "girls" heard they are vicous in RL RvR.

Now hold tight.

<watches Korvarn nervously clutch the sides of the spoon as he wanders over to a large metal lever that quivers under the strain of coiled ropes.>

Send Roo a pidgeon or two.. I'll be eager to read them!

Ready?

Good.

NERF KORVARN!!!!!

<pulls leaver and with a groan the troll thrower 4000 catapults Korvarn up towards the RL borderkeep walls. Flying head first Korvarn clips the battlement but continues on but this time in a tumble. He disapears over the wall tumbling wildly. Nicodemus raises his strange eye glasses and looks at the settings and compares them to his hand written notes.>

Damn me! The buggers put on weight!

S

SilverHood

thanks a lot everyone :)
will miss you guys too..

well, those I won't see in PS or SWG ;)

D

Damon_D

Bahhh sci-fi for tha sock...make it WOW instead m8 ;)

S

SilverHood

not seen too much of it yet... if I can play high elves, then yes... otherwise, no ;)

will be at uni when it comes out tho... so money will be tight, and my internet connection will be dubious ;)

O

old.Torden

Cya Silverhood,been nice knowing u and playing with u,and alot of fun making fun of u ;)
Im sorry to see u go,but i can understand u getting tired of the game after so long,i have moved to US for some time,to try out the co-op server,and i must say it made the game fun again.
Have fun Silver(Pølse) in whatever u are going to do :)

D

dyna_mite

A fond farewell to one of the nicest and wittiest players in Midgard. Missing you lots already. Good luck in everything you do in rl.

Dyna.

D

Damon_D

:( Not sure if u can play high elves..but you can play dark elves with glovy eye's and all the works :clap: Well what ever you do friend have fun whilst doing it.. thats all that matters in the end ;)

T

Theiir

Bye bye mate.

Dunno what to say right now. So I guess I'll see j00 in SWG :)

Users who are viewing this thread