Good things...

Laddey

FH is my second home
...to keep you awake?

I recently started working early and going to college afterwards, sitting in a classroom is fucking cack and boring since i know the majority of stuff. Any good things to keep you awake accept from pro plus and stuff?

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Regular splashes of cold water to the forehead and eyes. Works wonders for me! :D

Laddey

FH is my second home
Regular splashes of cold water to the forehead and eyes. Works wonders for me! :D

Usually do this yeah, works for 5mins and then i sit back down on a seat and Zzzzzzzzzz.

Pro plus makes me moody when im coming down and black coffee is nasty!

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i've always found things like pro plus, red bull etc dont do anything to me at all, not even coffee. All i get is increased heart rate but still just as tired etc

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Coffee with sugar 4 the win :D Does wonders for me..

pikeh

Resident Freddy
ye ive never really felt the benefit of pro plus, just made me feel weird if anything, not any less tired.
as mentioned before, splashes of cold water, regular breaks / walks do wonders for keeping you awake.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Depends really, is it a mind tired thing, or a body tired thing, or even a sensor tired thing.

With the body, your body is just screaming "Hold on a minute!"

With the mind, you're just zombie'ing around.

With the eyes, your sensors are saying "Come on, enough already."

With body/mind, coffeine+other drinks help, mostly on mind, but with the "sensor" problem, it's just not really "curable", but water etc help for a while.

Atleast from own experience.

Laddey

FH is my second home
It's just my eyes, really heavy any stuff. Then my head just feels tired.My body aint tired, i like to think of myself of fairly fit so i'm ok about that.

Does your body get used to getting up early and sorts your body clock out etc?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Does your body get used to getting up early and sorts your body clock out etc?

of course

my tip is to set a really annoying alarm on your phone, put it on the other side of the room or furthest away possible so when you hear it you have to get up to turn if off.
despite having to stay up until 2 am most nights doing dissertation, i can still wake up at 8:30 fine not feeling the least bit tired.
that was only after a couple of weeks doing the same thing. now if i sleep past 9 o clock it feels like ive wasted for more of my day so i feel guilty!

leviathane

Part of the furniture
just get involved, start writing notes and shit, even if you know it already.

Laddey

FH is my second home
of course

my tip is to set a really annoying alarm on your phone, put it on the other side of the room or furthest away possible so when you hear it you have to get up to turn if off.
despite having to stay up until 2 am most nights doing dissertation, i can still wake up at 8:30 fine not feeling the least bit tired.
that was only after a couple of weeks doing the same thing. now if i sleep past 9 o clock it feels like ive wasted for more of my day so i feel guilty!

So youre saying, eventually i'll wake up in the morning not feeling tired, just ok and stuff?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Your body gets used to different times, just like the mind.

Just, according to recent study, try and sleep in 1.5h cycles.

In other words, if you sleep, sleep for; 1.5h, 3h, 4.5h, 6h, 7.5h etc.

It's got something to do with sleep cycles, dunno the jingyjoos about it.

Also if you sleep the time at any time. So a 1.5h there, 1.5h there works too. When you get used to it, and has no "harms" to your body/mind.

Key elements really are:

Mindsleep - Your mind needs time to process stuff. The 1.5h cycle is for that, the more info, the more cycles you need.
Bodysleep - Muscles etc need time to grow, fix, whatnot. More you move, more you need.
Sensorsleep - Your eyes, ears, senses in general need a rest from the bombardment. The more, say, you use a computer, the more the eyes need a rest.

Disclaimer: This all is from common knowledge, streetsmarts, "heard from" etc, so it IS NOT a doctor opinion or in any way professional.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
if i go to bed around 21.00 i cant get up at 5 but if i stay up to around 22-24 i got no problem with getting up in the morning.. Anybody who can tell me why that is??? :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
if i go to bed around 21.00 i cant get up at 5 but if i stay up to around 22-24 i got no problem with getting up in the morning.. Anybody who can tell me why that is??? :)

The upper post might explain it, i've noticed it works for me.

If i sleep for 7.5h or 4.5h, i'm as tired as the other.

If i sleep for 8.5h, i'm tired and if i sleep for 5h, i'm tired.

IT's got something to do with 1.5h cycles being the start/stop, and if you break it in middle, you feel tired as things in your body(especially mind), are left at a "umm" state.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
you go through deep sleep, lightsleep cycles or roundabouts whilst your asleep i heard.

Laddey

FH is my second home
This is all interesting stuff. Going to try the sleep cycles, thanks tohtori!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
This is all interesting stuff. Going to try the sleep cycles, thanks tohtori!

Like i said, if you wake up as a zombie in a Cube type of Deathgame, it's not my fault, i disclaimored all possible outcomes and if i didn't, i do now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom