Good Steering Wheel?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I've been desperately trying to find a decent review site for game peripherals and so far I've come up short. So, does anyone know of a good site that has decent steering wheel reviews? Failing that, what's a good steering wheel. I've got a ~7 year old MS FF steering wheel which is starting to crumble and I need something good for GTR.

I found this but I expect it's pretty lame, given the price. I don't want to spend much more than that - 50 quid being the max, probably. Anyway, I know the DFP or MOMO are uber but they're just too pricey.

Any thoughts/contributions much appreciated :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
get the GT4 DLP and dl the logitech drivers, its the best wheel you can get imho

nath

Fledgling Freddie
You mean the DFP? I mentioned that but it's too expensive :\

Kryten

Old Cow.
Steering wheels started off as a "gimmick" or a "cult buy" - as a result, you used to be able to buy high quality kit. More or less everything on the market these days within a half decent price range is absolute crap - disposable peripherals.
I'd personally recommend you hit Ebay for something like the original Logitech Formula Force (not the GP) or those little blue wheels that I can't remember the name of :| They might be old, but they're built like brick shithouses and will last years to come. I guarantee my FF is damned slight better than any sub £150 product on the market to date - none of the plastic crap will do GTR justice.

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
I would buy a momo if i were you despite it's bit expensive. I read some rewievs from magazines before buying mine, and it seemed like only smart choise for under 130e. I bet your old microsoft wheel beats most of the chepest ones.

Once upon time i bought cheap wheel and sweared i won't buy anything that crappy again :)

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I'm selling a cheap Saitek R440 at the moment on ebay. I have 2 and am keeping the other one. It is OK, better than non-feedback but not fantastic tbh.

If I was keener on driving games there is only one choice, anywhere under £500.

The Logitech G25 is the only way to go, though a second mortgage may be required.

BTW nath, that wheel you found isn't force feedback, I think, it just vibrates. Might be wrong though.

If you're interested here is mine.

RB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom