Good starterjob?

Astral\

Fledgling Freddie
Game should arrive in a day or two but still not settled on what to play yet. :)

I'd like to start with a melee.
I'm leaning towards a warrior right now. If they can solo okay I guess it should take me to level 10 nicely - and always welcome in groups for taunt and tanking?

Looking for advice from the more experienced players. :D

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
im not very experianced but monks are probly easyest to lvl to 10 with but i dunno bout grps n that. warriors might be better for that kind of thing

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
If you want melee, either go with Warrior or Monk at first. ( Red Mage could also work if you like to solo a lot, but is a tad harder to play than warrior/monk ).

Warrior is much needed for tanks ( damage takers ) due to the Provoke ability. If you for instance are going for Paladin later on you won't have wasted your warrior levels because you can then bring Paladin up to 60 with warrior subbed before starting to think about raising your sub :)

Monk is nice for heavy damage output early on and a nice amount of hitpoints. Striking twice per delay and having what's probably the best 2hour ability in-game makes for a very fun class to play.

Edit: Thus, Warrior for damage taking, Monk for damage dealing :)
Don't count on a Monk to tank later on though.

Just my opinions ofc :)

Astral\

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh that sounds very nice as I had my mind on Samurai/Warrior post 30.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Samurai are great, they get overshadowed by the dragoons and dark knights later on its true, but they are one of the coolest classes =)

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
Go monk to 18, Get Sub-job.

Warrior/Monk till 30.

Samurai/Warrior till 60.

Warrior/Samurai till 37.

Samurai/Warrior to 75.

:)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I would say, get a THF to 18, then start your other jobs, even if your going mage. it really helps for gilfarming and you'll be able to afford scrolls/armour much more easily later on.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
everything is horrible to xp to 10 ^_^

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
lvling 1-10 its probably:

Monk > Warrior > Thief/Red Mage > Black Mage > White Mage

Rhyna

Loyal Freddie
If you've got some spare money or know somebody willing to lend you some, it's worth buying some Meat Mithkabobs for the 1-10 levelling. Adds +5 Str and really works a wonder. Costs around 250-300gil at AH and/or Bazaars and lasts
somewhere around 45-60 minutes, not entirely sure. :D

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
ye.

Meat Mithkabobs are somewhat like +2 dex, +5 strength, +30% attack.

If you dont wanna pay that much, Grilled Hare is also nice, 100gil a piece and gives +2 str and +13% attack.

Rhyna

Loyal Freddie
Yeah, food for several occasions.
Meat Mithkabob gives +5 Str, -1 Vit, +2 Agi, -1 Int

Very variated, juices and cookies gives mp for example. :D

Clicky for list of food and their effects

Some can be found at AH, if they're sold out or immensively expensive can always check Kopopo in Windurst Waters. Located at E-8 on the map. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom