Good solo classes in Albion?

O

old.Loki_DAOC

As i play alot solo, i need to know what type of class, that is best for solo lwling and rvr.
I prefer the non hack and slash types tho as i had plenty of them in ultima :(

Loki Ultimas number 1 dexter

:clap:

O

old.Witchunter

You're looking at a Theurugist, or Sorcerer.

O

old.Loki_DAOC

Any perticular reasons why :)

How is smite cleriks or friars solo?

Loki Ultimas number 1 dexter :clap:

O

old.Ozwin

From personal exp found theu, cabs and paladins easiest, the former 2 can solo orange con, paladins pretty much solo yellow cons even to higher level. Im a smite spec cleric also and yes pretty much solo yellows consistently allthough cant say past 23. A friar friend of mine says he has struglled as he aproached mid 20 onwards.

F

fatgit

Minstrel can solo pretty effectively, or so I have found so far on my 26.
Armsman can if sword & shield - pole will go through a "hell" period fron about 31 to 40. From l15 use the xbow to pull
Cabalist - on 21 atm, no problems whatsoever soloing on a full matter spec
THeurgist - can solo without any problems. Earth or Ice are best spec IMO
Scout - Can only really solo :) Not bad in groups though - and use the best arrows!
Cleric - Smites can usually solo pretty well from what Ive seen (lower levels are a bugger tho for all acolytes). Pure rejuvs will have problems
Sorceror - seems to have little problem soloing. Keep a yellow con pet and you should be fine
Friar - Nice mix of melee & healing. Not played this class yet, but from what I've seen shouldnt have too many problems on blues, yellows may be tougher. You do get to spec in staves though, giving some nice moves

O

old.Witchunter

pfft, Sorcerers are the best solo class in the realm, we piss all over Theurugists! :D

Loki, it depends how you like to play aswell, if you're playing a melee class, expect to fork out a lot of money for armour and weapons. As a caster class though, your expenses are next to nothing, as you don't need to buy weapons, and frankly, if you have to tank you're doing something wrong ;)

Considering that you will hardly ever take a hit, you can let your armour fall below your level without it affecting your ability to solo, unlike melee classes. Also, you can take your time to find armour drops, again, saving yourself money.

My lv34 sorceress is still wearing lv10 leggings! Infact, the only thing she pays for is dyes!

The only thing Theus have over Sorcerers, is that they can summon pets whenever they want. As a sorc, you need to know where mobs your level are, so you can go over and charm them. There isn't anything good for me in Lyonesse at the moment, but I can easily solo oranges, even purples with nukes alone(Body-spec nukes give bonuses against Spirits/undead and there are plenty of theose in Lyonesse :) )

C

c0ngo

A Smite Cleric can solo all yellows mobs fairly easily + orange casters without 2 much trouble (when they stop to cast you get xtra smites in) and Oranges that are weak to Smite but I really wouldn't recommend if you intending to xp solo cause it just takes 2 long.

Same thing with any other class you play solo xp is really slow. My Thurg can solo Purps but dt is just soooooooooo long there's no point killing them.

Only class I've done xp ok solo is with a Minst cause you have Hp and Power songs that requces dt but even then xp is way quicker in a grp.

If you want a class that's wanted in groups and can solo xping + can RvR solo and in a grp choose a Minst. (Stacks of Chain drops as well way easier to get than any other type of armour although there is a severe lack of high lvl instruments)

O

old.Loki_DAOC

Well ministrel it is then :D

I love the idea of the speed spells anyway hehe

So any good sugestion for templates ?
What to spec in?

O

old.Hendrick

Mercenaries with yellow+ equipment can solo oranges, given the fact that you have bonus against their armor and they have malus against yours. After lvl 25 your dirty trick ability gives you a good chance to check out whether you can beat an orange enemy or not. If things go wrong, just use the dirty trick and the enemy will fumble a lot, making it relatively easy to kill. You will still have a lot of downtime though. Last time I soloed was around lvl 26, where I could take three forest hunter archer whatever they are called guys (yellow to me then) in Forest Sauvage before resting.

O

old.linnet

Minstrel template

Pretty simple really. Keep your instruments skill at your level until you reach your desired final spec (I think most people go to 44 for the last DD shout). Stealth is mostly only useful in RvR so don't put points into it until you need to -- you'll be much better at soloing if you put them into weapons spec instead, and you'll get to use it more.

Most common minstrel final templates are:

44 instruments, 29 slash/thrust, 39 stealth
44 instruments, 39 slash/thrust, 29 stealth

Although a lot of the US people are talking about dropping stealth completely because assassins can buy a realm ability to automatically see through it in some future patch.

Have fun. It's a fun class, but tricky to play.

S

SilverHood

my lvl 12 pally could easily do yellows, and have full health afterwards

2 yellows and things got tricky,

3 yellows and I got lucky ( || health left)

5 blues were also possible with a nice lvl 32 wiz dmg shield and melee dmg buff

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by SilverHood
my lvl 12 pally could easily do yellows, and have full health afterwards

2 yellows and things got tricky,

3 yellows and I got lucky ( || health left)

5 blues were also possible with a nice lvl 32 wiz dmg shield and melee dmg buff

*sigh*

... well my advice is don't pick an infiltrator :rolleyes:

G

Gimly

Sword and shield armsman with full spec sword and a good deal in shield and a little in parry will be great for PvE, as for RvR is dont seem to bad as long as you get up close :)

K

kr0n

Sorc is uber soloer really. I mean, yellowcon pet, 0wnz another yellowcon (Who you have debuffed) AND above all, you can take BaF mobs. Just mez em, you have plenty of time to finish em all off (At least on later lvls that is).

Theurgist can solo reds. Enough said.

Smiters. Well havent seen em solo anything else than undeads, since they get loads of bonus.

Scout is good soloer too. Some mobs are easier than others, but mainly blues drop to ur feet, Yellows you might have to hit few times with ur sword.

O

old.¥ØÐÄ

imo theurgs are by far the best solo char in albion..

they have the pets that can solo oranges/reds with ease . have very good nukes . also area spells/mezz depending how u spec. PBT which is the bane of all snipers ,
also unless im wrong theurgs pet dont leech as much exp as a sorcs pet ?
most thergs seems to spec in earth to 26 and then go rest air or ice . some even go pure earth .

alsowhats good about therugs you can build your char for pve and its still a very viable build for rvr .

to many chars have to spec themselves for either rvr or pve. clerics for example . its either smite for rvr/solo ability or rejuve/ench for healing and buffs . thus making you not so viable solo and tbh not v good in rvr except for healing . and i think we all agree rvr would be boring just healin all the time "its bad enuff only healing in pve to heal all the time in rvr also .

O

old.tRoG

you reach your xp cap for soloing on oranges, but thats without pets...

ill try and explain how pets take xp...

---
pets take an amount of you xp for killing a mob, depending on how much damage the pet did to the mob.

if the pet killed the mob all by itself it will take its full share (25%).

if you helped out with nukes it would take less and less xp away.

if you left it beside you while you nuked something to death by yourself it would take... 0 xp! :eek:
---

so, i think a pet class soloing high oranges/ low to normal reds would be hitting thier cap... but i dont know for sure.

which is why there is absolutely no point in soloing a purple... apart from bragging rights ;)

O

old.Terax

I played a sorcerer to lvl 42 and above lvl 30 they are one of the worst classes for soloing in the albion. Because of the relative hp of a high lvl sorcerer pet the amount of downtime is ridiculous. In a battle with another yellow con mob u can expect you pet to lose about half of its hp. Now the time it takes to regenerate this hp after the battle is ridiculous. If u choose to solo a red or orange con the downtime becomes even longer and at this point you decide grouping is a better option.
Jupitus i have a lvl 37 infiltrator and i can currently solo yellows with not too much downtime, admittedly its hardly a paladin:)

O

old.Witchunter

It also depends how you solo with a sorc.

From lv30-35, I would do the odd bit of solo'ing in Lyonesse killing Dunters and the farmers. Of course, I use have the lv22 Body DD, which gets a bonus against the undead.

I use the normal Wizzie tactic, nuke, nuke, root, run, nuke, nuke... etc - no need for a pet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom