Good laptop?

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Is this a really good deal?

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=616074

It works out at about 435 pounds in total. I need it mainly for web design, programming and potentially for playing DAoC. It seems hella cheap to me and easy to upgrade if I need to. My brother is very insistent that I get extended warranty which would naturally jack the price up a lot. Is this totally necessary as my budget is kinda limited. :/

O

old.moriath

ok 2 things

it will be fine for web/programming most probably

for daoc maybe need 256mb more memory and one more important thing it doesnt tell you what gfx chipset is in it ... so i have no idea if it will work or not.

Second thing is it might seem cheap but you will get hit with 17.5% vat when its imported into the country

so factor that in :)

D

Deadmanwalking

That and the fact its HP and isn't a high end business laptop :(

Oh and the warrenty from an american company may cause problems. And the VAT/Import tax.

K

Kahland

Just bought an asus m6800 with 15,4" inch widescreen and radeon 9600 and 1.7 ghz intel centrino.

gettting it on monday first tho, cant wait to play daoc with wireless lan from the bed etc. xD

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Tax shouldn't be a problem seeing as I am in america atm. :)

There is still an extra slot free for another stick of RAM so I suppose I can buy some more when I get back to england. I think the GFX chip is a Radeon ATI mobility doohickey with 64mb shared memory so I guess more RAM would be a good idea...although if I ever use the laptop for DAoC it will be as a buffbot machine only. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom