Good bye Ken

Embattle

FH is my second home
I really think you're wrong about that, but I guess time will tell. I know Ken seems like a total wanker, but I'm not convinced he's as shit as everyone makes out. It surprises me that the idea of Boris Johnson in any form of power doesn't scare the shit out of you.

BJ is a prat, most people voted for him because the option to remove the Mayor role doesn't exist so he was second best option...quite frankly most people now view the role with utter contempt.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
BJ is a prat, most people voted for him because the option to remove the Mayor role doesn't exist so he was second best option...quite frankly most people now view the role with utter contempt.

Agreed. You've pretty much articulated exactly the reason I voted for him. I think he's a dick, but of all them, the most likely to leave us alone (or interfere the least anyway). Which is all I want from any politician tbh.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Im glad to be honest (I know Ill get slated for that, but bollocks to yer :p )

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
They have done nothing but stitch us up.

In what ways? (i'm not disagreeing, but Labour have fucked us all off in individual ways and was wondering how it's affected you :D )

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Agreed. You've pretty much articulated exactly the reason I voted for him. I think he's a dick, but of all them, the most likely to leave us alone (or interfere the least anyway). Which is all I want from any politician tbh.

Hes one of the few who is prepared to speak his mind, and has gotten into trouble for it (Liverpool for instance) - this is a quality we need more of, not less. Editing the Spectator for 6 years is something hes been remarkably successful at.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Hes one of the few who is prepared to speak his mind, and has gotten into trouble for it (Liverpool for instance) - this is a quality we need more of, not less. Editing the Spectator for 6 years is something he's been remarkably successful at.

He did very well for the Spectator. But for correction it wasn't actually Boris who insulted Liverpool! The piece for the Spectator was actually written by Simon Heffer, antiCameron, anti-boris and old guard Tory, He's a columnist for the Telegraph who worked for the Spectator when Boris was the editor. Boris as the editor took the rap for the piece, Heffer decided to repay Boris for this by launching an attack on Boris in a column for the Telegraph the day before the election, which he was taken to task for in a video interview by another Telegraph editor who accused him of being vitriolic and shameful. It seems Heffer is deeply jealous of Boris and its assumed that he was expecting the Spectator Editor editor job when Boris came out the blue and snatched it from him, and now that Boris has made the transition from Editor to a position of political power its only made him more odious in his nature.

It should be interesting to see what Boris can do, he's going to have all the talents of the Cameron's party at his disposal, and Cameron is going to want Boris to make London a beacon for the a Conservative government, it should also give the rest of us an idea of how we can expect the country to be run under the Tories. Boris has a bonus, which the left are fearful of, in that he has a conservative majority in the assembly which Ken didn't. So he has 4 years of what is basically total control and power to do what he wants in London.

I think these two picture sum up the differences between the parties now

A Labour HQ where they are using pen and paper
Photo

Versus A Conservative local election HQ where one man does the same work.
Photo

And this table show what politics home had as indicator for how well or badly each party did.
brightbig.jpg

Final Results!
CON +256 Total 3154
LAB -331 Total 2368
LD +34 Total 1805

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom