Golm.......

Granville

Fledgling Freddie
is a pain in the ass, how long do i have to camp it to get credit :(

if anyone finds it up plz pm Granville/murlock/rugad/dagur would really appreciate it!

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Its a nighttime spawn. Just keep on checking, I got mine eventually :) not the arti thou, but the encounter. Had to buy the arti :(

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
i ones waitet 21 hours and spammed 3 times on me, tho no arti, and next day waitet 16 hours only one spam and day again after that 14 hour nothing.

Tho i have tryed that we killed it one night and the night after it spamed again, ither of those spam it dident droped.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
At least Golm levels extremely fast. It dinged lvl 10 in one tower fight.

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
QQ like you do anything else anyway :p

just take a forge with you ;)

Granville

Fledgling Freddie
if i had a forge with me it wouldnt be a problem pukey :p

Nomans

Can't get enough of FH
I once waited 60+ hours before 1.73 and it never dropped... then it respawned 3 hours later an dropped... I have been lucky and have arti for 5 of my 6 chars.. After 1.73 i got the arti 3 times in one day, the mob pop 4 times within 12 hours, but it seems to have gone back to being a little shit. Supposedly 1.73 was either suppose to increase drop rate or make the mob pop more frequently, but doesnt seem to have either effect anymore...

And for the game to have had code written for any mob to pop within 20 mins or if it is not bullshit, it can take upto 2 years irl time...

What other game designer would think of that, apart from the noobs at mythic..

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
A guildie of mine logged in last night at the spawn and it was up, mob dropped the artifact and he dinged it L10 a very short while after that.

Is that luck or .. luck? =)

Granville

Fledgling Freddie
it just popped, no arti but i got the credit and thats all i needed :) yay

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
I don't get the idea of Mythic to let the players of your game wait 10-12 hours for a mob to spawn which doesn't even mean that you'll get what you're actually looking for (artifact). Why does Mythic do it? Sure artifacts are rare items and supposed to be hard to obtain, but why don't they set a fixed spawn timer or just reduce it to 1-2 hours? Isn't that "hard to get" enough? And this keeps casual gamers away from the game too much, so would really like to see Mythic doing something about these encounters as really waiting 10-12 real time hours in a game for something to spawn is stupid to say the least.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
While I agree some of points u made Thegreatest, u don't really need to idle there for 10-12 hours. Just log time-to-time basis on nighttime and check if its up or not (let others have a change to do the mob as well, and not just idle there reserving the possible encounter by idling there for the whole time).

blackshadow

Fledgling Freddie
Once camped it for 5 days straight with about 3 hours sleep per night and it popped once and didn't drop , i then took a 3 month break from daoc :drink:

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
IMHO Arti mobs should be "always" up. Have a 1-2 hour respawn rate to stop people farming it constantly but make an arti hard by making the encounter hard. Erinys charm takes loads of people and it would be easy to tweak encounters like GoV so they were as hard as they were designed to be. The trouble is this is unlikely to happen as the other realms have such easy PvE.

Glad to hear your camping wasn't completely wasted!

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Kinkykiller on VNboards said:
i camped perida ( and checked golm from time to time ) on EU / mid / exal server for hmm let me see 6 day's straight ( exception 2 day's i was at work ) but every second i could cause i wanted orions belt in template NO POP NO BLOODY POP! so i offered 10p for encounter if it was up someone should pm me, untill finally i caught Requiel on the server ( an english GM ) and asked him wtf it was all about , and he gave me a tip after a while , try and camp from beside the island in the water , when i asked why , he answered that Golm + Orion have an anti-camp measure on the islands that stops them from pop less often but if you camp from the water the chances goes up the roof , well i tried that for 1 hour and like a surprise it popped....and wen't to golm also after getting encounter + belt wink and hmm golm was up and dropped.

This is taken from:

http://vnboards.ign.com/Trials_of_Atlantis_Discussion_Forum/b22445/84916990/?18

You decide whether or not to believe it :) I do. (Mebbe Req can confirm it?)

/Dracus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom