Gollum MTV Movie Awards acceptance speech video

M

Moving Target

I can't get the right codec for it. Audio only and blank screen.

O

Ono

Originally posted by Moving Target
I can't get the right codec for it. Audio only and blank screen.

Just go to Kazaa and get QT Pro.

;)

P

plightstar

I was laughing my head off Also I liked the bit where they took the mick out of Matrix reloaded the bit with the Oracle and Justin was great

S

Scooba Da Bass

It went on far too long and the animator guy is the WORST actor ever.

If this is the level of humour here no wonder the JOTD thread is so bereft of humour.

W

Wazzerphuk

Indeed, it was a prime example of "oooh, isn't it funny when this family aimed character goes off the rails and does nothing but swear" humour. Which has never been funny.

P

plightstar

'looking down at the ground'

'saying softly and slowly'

I thought was funny

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by Scooba Da Bass

If this is the level of humour here no wonder the JOTD thread is so bereft of humour.

If you're talking about Andy Serkis then I saw him in Othello as Iago and he was very good. So he's not the worst out there.

As for the MTV:Europe Movie awards Alyson hannigan looked amazing :)

O

Ono

Originally posted by plightstar
and Justin was great
Justin Timberlake???

Please tell me you're female otherwise you're gay.

S

Sir Frizz

"nnnnngh" is all i can come up with, to some people nowadays.

:/

(This thread angers me, muchos, very very vexing - close pls, it's served its purpose.)

C

cjravey

Originally posted by Scooba Da Bass

Get that broom out of yer ass.

J

Jonny_Darko

Originally posted by Wazzerphuk
Indeed, it was a prime example of "oooh, isn't it funny when this family aimed character goes off the rails and does nothing but swear" humour. Which has never been funny.

Yes, and when Tolkien created Gollum - arguably the most wretched, hateful, pathetic, spiteful character in all of literary history he was actually creating a fluffy character to impress the kids. (?)

I thought it was hilarious...much better than Yoda who came down and just talked about George Sucksass being a genius.

N

nath

I *think* it's hear hear.

As for the Gollum thing, I thought it was vaguely amusing.. kinda.

W

Will

Originally posted by Nos-
Why?

There's no humour, it's just Gollum swearing, end of.
I was going to type an answer to this, but I changed my mind since the whole "That isn't funny arguement" is either a troll or an attempt to look smart.

Mind you, I suppose saying that is a bit of a troll too. Ah well.

N

Nos-

It's not a troll and it's not an attempt to look smart.

The piece just wasn't funny, at all.

Capiché?

W

Will

But you can understand why people would find it funny. I don't think Dumb and Dumberer will be funny, but I understand why certain people will laugh at it.

N

nath

Yes.. I thought about doing that joke.

Seeing it from an objective view point, I'm really glad I didn't :D

W

Wazzerphuk

Originally posted by Jonny_Darko
Yes, and when Tolkien created Gollum - arguably the most wretched, hateful, pathetic, spiteful character in all of literary history he was actually creating a fluffy character to impress the kids. (?)

Tolkien created the character as a bastard, aye. But, he was toned down somewhat in the film so that the mere sight of him wouldn't scare half the audience shitless. He doesn't scare, indimidate or leave an impression of fear on anyone (like he SHOULD do), so my point still stands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom