[RANT] Goldsellers!!!

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Getting a bit sick of this now, spam, in-game mail and pm's from gold sellers is getting out of control.

Reported several player names in three days but there is simply no point, they simply delete and reroll then spam again.

Several tickets issued and no reply from GOA on any of them in or out of game, does anyone know what GOA are doing about this...if anything?

killfest

Fledgling Freddie
what server are you on? ive only seen it once so far, i placed a report and got an e-mail back saying it was being delt with....

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Not had any at all yet. I normally chat to them for ages, feigning interest, just to waste their time. :)

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
So far I've only been whispered once, and seen them advertising in the chat twice.

Guess I'm pretty lucky :)

Fizzlebutt

Fledgling Freddie
how do you go about reporting them in game? Ive had one on K8P today.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
it has got more common on Azgal just lately..i report them and get a mail saying thank you it's being delt with.

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
well in the bug reporting tool there is a button/headline about goldsellers and powerlevling, just type the name of the char and what page thay wanted you to go to.. reported 3-4 sellers and got response each times that they will investigate the matter and take appripriate action according to their policies.... hopefully no dumb fucker buys gold so they stop trying...

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It probably doesn't help that it takes around 6 hours to reply to reports regarding gold sellers - at least that's how long it took for my support ticket to get a reply. Maybe they banned the player I reported from earlier reports but it wasn't very promising.

This was before the new gold/pl sales support category was introduced. Maybe they'll finally get on top of the ingame spammers.

I personally don't understand why they bother, it's not as if gold is hard to come by in WAR. :(

chrispy

It's my birthday today!
indeed ban the account,even better :)

but why sell gold already inside a few weeks of play time its sad really.

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
ban the account and the IP-number ^^
yeah truly sad.... not like there is a need for gold yet

EDIT: Thou the need might increase when ppl start cap fort and claim it as there own...

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Whats the point of goldselling in WAR anyway, got about 100g+ atm and nothing to do with it, maybe some charity fund for the poor kids of Altdorf? :)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
had one on K8P a few days ago, reported him, put him on ignore... silence since then.

For reporting, hit the '?' symbol -> CSR Appeal -> Report PL/Gold Seller

Put in the name and their site, the method they contacted you (tell, mail, broadcast) and have faith!

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Just ban the whole chinese IP range from accessing the server pretty simple. If they are located in Europe then they should follow suit and do what Blizzard did to peons4hire.

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
Got my first three spam today and reported them to GOA. If they follow the lead of Mythic they will be very strict.
Just dont buy from them.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i really cant see how they can possibly turn a profit loot is easy to come by gold even more so. It seems that most toons have a lot of gold to muck around with. And ive heard holding keeps will be expensive but just ramp up the guild taxes and do lots of rvr :)

im sure its all balanced to pay for itself in the long run. And ive had 1 on karak hirn and i dont honestly think deleting the characters is goign to work for long because i bet goa have logs of all new characters created and from which account.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Got one the other day, reported it within about 30secs and willl do so for any others I get..

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Gold sellers

Oh, we ban them alright! I take daily tours to the CM department, and the other day, I was invited to swing the banhammer, permanently terminating another gold seller. Great fun, really!

If your gold seller report hasn't been responded, you may want to check your spam folder. Many of these issues are dealt with en-masse by our senior CSR's.

-Magnus

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Whats the point of goldselling in WAR anyway, got about 100g+ atm and nothing to do with it, maybe some charity fund for the poor kids of Altdorf? :)

Just w8 and see when you and your guild start claiming keeps...

<Durka Durka> claimed Karak Karag yesterday, after 12h the guild fund was down 100G :) Thats: 8,5g/h

So yes the need for gold is there - absolutely!

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
WaR will turn in to WoW spam fest for sure, and it does not matter what GoA does, or if they perma ban every account.To mutch money in cash selling.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
One thing they are doing is asking for the website. I'd like to know if GOA can contact the people who own the domain and force the site closed?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
lol i had a gold spam today...

then my group started pm ing him about buying our gold xD

...3 min later

B*lgr*m (ups) went offline

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
But seriously, they can't get many customers can they? I mean, what do you need gold for? Nothing really.. I got alot more gold than I can spend and I've only been questing and doing scenarios.

And sure claiming keeps costs money but a gold selling company can hardly stay alive on that only.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I've had some spams about gold

what I dont understand, why would anyone want to buy gold in this game? what do you gain by having lots of gold in the end? so far I have not really seen a need for money as even from just doing scenarios I have more then enough gold when I hit 20 to buy the mount

Toel

Loyal Freddie
I'm fairly sure their not getting any profits on WAR, not yet anyways. But keep in mind that most of these sites offers PL/Gold on several MMO's and not just one.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
I've not had any spam for a few days now,i reported 3 a few days ago but not had any since so who knows somthing could be working to stop them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom