Golden Age

aika

Can't get enough of FH
its good from a solo stealther PoV, from fg pov i guess it sucks.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
its good from a solo stealther PoV, from fg pov i guess it sucks.

It has come to suck from a solo/stealther pov too lately; my solo/stealther pov actually. Haven't logged on for a few days now due to work, but even now that I'm done for the day and I could afford to play a few hours, it feels like a drag. It's the same shit again and again :(

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
And apparently your RR11 valk had to sink as low to RP-farming, those numbers really meant something for you :mad:

Im afraid ure barking to the wrong person.

My chars are(were) all Vavi's. Im not shiv, nor did i ever had a rr7+ :).

vav

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am not having a go at anyone in particular but shortly after the valk got banned for cheating a load of others got a huff on and left, its pretty clear that they supported it and were probably involved/had full knowledge of it.

Your (the guild) playstlye was pretty damn shit too, you zerged soloers and mini groups when there was plenty of FGs around, purely for the holy RP.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
I am not having a go at anyone in particular but shortly after the valk got banned for cheating a load of others got a huff on and left, its pretty clear that they supported it and were probably involved/had full knowledge of it.

Your (the guild) playstlye was pretty damn shit too, you zerged soloers and mini groups when there was plenty of FGs around, purely for the holy RP.

I was inactive at the time it happened with the valkyrie in question. Tho there were already talks for leaving before i went inactive, we even tried Avalon. I geuss after it happened, it was just another reason to actually go to another server.

I wasn't there so i can only tell what happened.
Its a fact that ppl share eachothers account, is it for farming, crafting or something else, She said she didnt do it, and i believe her.

and tbh bout the whole killing soloers, it doesnt matter in the end. All did it, no reason to pick 1 out of the pack. But we only killed them as said before when nothing else was to be found.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture

Can't say I had any say in that either, it was ok while I was in there in the GG I ran with. If I had problems with it then i'd say it was a problem. There was only one instance I can remember where I was in a mini group and a soloer got zerged. Basically a shade attacked me while I was grouped with them. He was +4 rr higher than my zerk, simple principles applied. He chose to attack a member of the group, he got the consequences of it. Perhaps there should be visible flags for peeps to see if there are peeps grouped or not to settle this issue in that respect? The pvp system is so fundementally flawed anyway, most of it is down the users and their own perceptions of what rvr is anyway. Mainly that's due to the diversity of opinion and lack of consensus and a Eula/CoC that tries to please everyone and miserably fails.

I understand those issues very well, as I played alot of solo chars, ie ranger, shade, infil, hunter etc etc etc. It's so frustrating, even worse when the challenge I was looking for was going to rvr unbuffed and trying to get rps. but like I said earlier, I knew the consequences of my actions, and lived not whined for it :)

kivik

Part of the furniture
Cadelin said:
And now Dyvet is such an awesome place to RvR

Now? Well not really, but when GA left like more than 1 year ago there was rejoice I tell you! :) Sadly a big part of the population deserted the server for US/German servers, and made it pretty bad.

Just after 1.88 I had some of the best solo action ever, but after a week it turned really crap :)

Meril

Fledgling Freddie

She dident get banned, she just had her RPs reset :eek7:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
but when GA left like more than 1 year ago there was rejoice I tell you!

Well I don't know about that, was always nice to get a free demez or get 'Shivhae'd' as we used to call it.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
hahaha ace thread, lol at Cadelin defending shihvae, not surprised really :>

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
hahaha ace thread, lol at Cadelin defending shihvae, not surprised really :>

I find it amusing that alot of the people who laughed at Shivhae in that thread, congratulating GOA and calling for permenant bans suddendly changed their mind completely when TT were caught cheating and 1 person banned for a few days.

Anyway I am glad people like the state of Dyvet now. The decent population, the great RvR and the fantastic community spirit between realm mates. Sometimes I just can't believe why I ever stopped playing Dyvet.....

kivik

Part of the furniture
I find it amusing that alot of the people who laughed at Shivhae in that thread, congratulating GOA and calling for permenant bans suddendly changed their mind completely when TT were caught cheating and 1 person banned for a few days.

Yea cause something perfectly legal within the game (proven by GOAs changed stance on this matter) is the same as RP farming? :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Yea cause something perfectly legal within the game (proven by GOAs changed stance on this matter) is the same as RP farming? :)

At the time GOA considered it wrong. GOA might have changed their rules on Dyvet but that probably because there aren't enough guilds with BP to support high level keeps anymore. I am pretty sure if you tried setting a relic keep to level 1 on a server which actually had an active population (say the German servers) you would get in alot of trouble.

In both cases GOA found them guilty of cheating and punished them. You don't know what information they had avaliable and so can't make any judgement about what they did right and what they did wrong.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
At the time GOA considered it wrong. GOA might have changed their rules on Dyvet but that probably because there aren't enough guilds with BP to support high level keeps anymore. I am pretty sure if you tried setting a relic keep to level 1 on a server which actually had an active population (say the German servers) you would get in alot of trouble.

In both cases GOA found them guilty of cheating and punished them. You don't know what information they had avaliable and so can't make any judgement about what they did right and what they did wrong.

i agree that the guild bashing is unnecessary but you can't put killing your own char to get rps on an equal footing with setting a keep to lvl1 so enemies can capture it. i don't agree with any of the actions (nor GoA banning TT-players) but one is definently worse than the other. one is cheating and the other is being a prick towards your realm mates, so to speak.

to compare the two it would have been the same if TT put the guild keep on lvl1 only to capture it and the relic with a hib or mid guild (which would have been worthy of a ban and a warning).

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
i agree that the guild bashing is unnecessary but you can't put killing your own char to get rps on an equal footing with setting a keep to lvl1 so enemies can capture it. i don't agree with any of the actions (nor GoA banning TT-players) but one is definently worse than the other. one is cheating and the other is being a prick towards your realm mates, so to speak.

to compare the two it would have been the same if TT put the guild keep on lvl1 only to capture it and the relic with a hib or mid guild (which would have been worthy of a ban and a warning).

The crimes were different, the punishments were different but in both cases we don't know what the facts were. If you trust GOA's judgement then you will have to assume they are both fair. If you don't then you have to question both. You can't pick and choose which decisions to believe depending on if you like the individual or not.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
the whole TT thing was because GOA had said it was fine in the past, Crau got lowered to level 1 many times which would often lead to the relics being captured, Requiel even came on here and said it was fine and legal. When it happens to a alb keep though...

TT were playing within the rules that GOA had set down, they decided to change that after the incident and temp ban someone. What they should have done is warn the players and then change the rules.

RP farming and changing a keep level (was within the rules at the time) are two very different things.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
the whole TT thing was because GOA had said it was fine in the past, Crau got lowered to level 1 many times which would often lead to the relics being captured, Requiel even came on here and said it was fine and legal. When it happens to a alb keep though...

TT were playing within the rules that GOA had set down, they decided to change that after the incident and temp ban someone. What they should have done is warn the players and then change the rules.

RP farming and changing a keep level (was within the rules at the time) are two very different things.

Quotes from Requiel or it didn't happen.

And please stop pretending it was within the rules. When the relic was taken and placed, it wasn't their keep. They didn't just innocently change the level of their keep and suddendly find that there had been a relic inside.

I accept there is a difference between RP farming and modifiying a keep level. However the punishments were also very different. TT got a short ban. Shivhae got a longer ban and all the RPs from some of her chars removed. The fact remains that in BOTH situations we didn't have as much information as GOA had. We either have to trust their judgements in both cases or question it in both. You can't pick and choose.

kivik

Part of the furniture
The fact remains that in BOTH situations we didn't have as much information as GOA had. We either have to trust their judgements in both cases or question it in both.

Correct on the Shivae case, but probably the other way around on the TT incident :)

Shivae - Obvious cheating, GOA had proof, don't need to show it to public. No need to question the decision, not like I was unhappy with another cheater brought to justice! :) :)

TT - Bannings on very very weak grounds. GOA should've handled it in the way Raven said.

You know the real huge emigration of Dyvet started with this incident. Who knows, if GOA would've handled it properly maybe we would still have a decent population, and maybe you wouldn't have to put up with that silly language on your new server.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Quotes from Requiel or it didn't happen.

And please stop pretending it was within the rules. When the relic was taken and placed, it wasn't their keep. They didn't just innocently change the level of their keep and suddendly find that there had been a relic inside.

I accept there is a difference between RP farming and modifiying a keep level. However the punishments were also very different. TT got a short ban. Shivhae got a longer ban and all the RPs from some of her chars removed. The fact remains that in BOTH situations we didn't have as much information as GOA had. We either have to trust their judgements in both cases or question it in both. You can't pick and choose.

point taken, although i don't agree fully :) i guess i don't fully trust GoA, but you'll never know. maybe they have logs of TT-members talking to hibs and making some kind of deal (although i doubt it).

You know the real huge emigration of Dyvet started with this incident. Who knows, if GOA would've handled it properly maybe we would still have a decent population, and maybe you wouldn't have to put up with that silly language on your new server.

can't contribute everything to that since many moved to limors (which are run by GoA, unless i'm mistaken). i think it's more the activness of limors/temair and the patching of the US servers that lured the people there. or at least it was for me.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Kivik, I am just glad you don't get to decide on any punishments. The bias and lack of any evidence is almost worrying.

The real huge emigration away from Dyvet happened long before TT got banned. No new people had been joining this server for months.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Kivik, I am just glad you don't get to decide on any punishments. The bias and lack of any evidence is almost worrying.

Same goes for you :)

pjuppe said:
can't contribute everything to that since many moved to limors (which are run by GoA, unless i'm mistaken). i think it's more the activness of limors/temair and the patching of the US servers that lured the people there. or at least it was for me.

Well they don't have English GM's, there's the difference :) But your right, I never meant that TT thing was the only reason people left, but it was the final nail in the coffin for many :)

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
shiv and co are on mid kay/carleon cluster, if ure looking for a lil help starting m8e give me a shout for some gold/items if ya need

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
shiv and co are on mid kay/carleon cluster, if ure looking for a lil help starting m8e give me a shout for some gold/items if ya need

Ta, and why aint ur svg in ur sig? :p

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
it s at the bottom :) along with my other savage that i rolled cos i had dragonstorm hammer :p......not played the lil savage in a long while though :/ on kay nopw with the rest of SH enjoying rvr as it should be :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
controlled druid getting chained in the north sea?

Meril

Fledgling Freddie

And they are still utter shit at the game, kill them flawless with a brehon grp while playing there =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom