God Of War collection

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The game is 720p but the cutscenes are still SD !

Urgh :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

I'd forgotten how shit God Of War 1 was towards the end. Infuriating, stupid puzzles and jumpy sections with dumb camera angles and randomly responding controls. Plus they've made the stupid spike room even harder by reducing the time limit. I've not even got to the spike column and I fucking hate this game already.

If I could skin the devs' children alive I'd do it right now in front of their fucking prick faces.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I thought the spike room was fine. The 'tightrope walking' section with the spinning blade things was quite annoying, but the spinning blade columns in Hades were unacceptable. The hitbox on the blades is so fucking big! I felt so triumphant when I finally reached the top of the second one. And vowed never to do it again.

Although I did do it again when the collection came out :<

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I did the spike room fine on the PS2 version. It's 1000000000000000000x harder on collection though. Hateful fucking game.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I used the Poseidon's Rage exploit in the end.

Even when I got the block round with a couple of seconds to spare Kratos wouldn't grab the ledge. Tried it about 30 times with various timings / length of button press. Nothing. Totally fucking lame.

So I went back 5 mins to previous save, kept my mana and got the exploit to work in 30 secs. Fucking retarded game.

The dreaded spikey columns were a cakewalk after that and even Challenge Of The Gods 10 was only mildly frustrating in comparison.

Just got my speed run to do for the plat.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
All you need to do is make sure you get full power out of each kick :< shouldn't have been that difficult. That was my error at first, releasing the kick a bit early to save time. It doesn't.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I tried doing the jump a number of ways. Obviously as you suggested was one of them. Didn't work no matter how many times I tried.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
My brother (who never played the originals) got stuck at the spike room - I had to do it for him.

Youth of today got no game skillz

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I got the timing down for moving the block into position perfectly. It was hard but I got there after a few goes. Plenty of time to make the jump. The jump did not work at all, no matter how I tried it.

Got the plat yet ?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Sorted. Both games platted :)

Back to Gamestation with it. GoW3 a good price yet ?

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
At the weekend I bought GoW3 and I havn't put it down yet... its O M G <drools> graphics are awesome... puzzles are easy... and the fights are just... violent mmmmm great game 10/10 from me :) £25 in PC world at the moment and £24.69 on Amazon.

YouTube - God Of War 3(Kratos Destroys Helios)

yummy

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Not paying that. I'll see if I can get it 2nd hand and trade in a couple of games I'm done with.

25 quid my purple arse !

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Either you've merged with Barney, or this is related to that drop on your arse moment you had.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
getting a ps3 next week was gonna pickup the god of war collection think i'll give it a miss the 'spike section' has really turned me off XD

god of war 3 it is!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Nah - it's worth getting. Just use the glitch on the spike room. It's a shit puzzle so don't feel guilty. The rotating spikes weren't that bad really. God Of War II has almost no annoying bits too. Cheaper than GoW 3 for two games and then you get the background for the third game :)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
getting a ps3 next week was gonna pickup the god of war collection think i'll give it a miss the 'spike section' has really turned me off XD

god of war 3 it is!

You're really missing out then. God of War 3 may look way better than the collection, and to some extent the combat is a lot more refined, but both of the PS2 games are probably better overall. At least God of War 2 is, can't decide between 1 and 3!

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
will try to play them all at some point, added them both to my lovefilm list XD

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I've got all three and I think my fave is GoW2.

I loaded it up the other day and found I'd completed it on hard and was doing a play through on insane difficulty but was stuck at the dude on the giant horses who one hits you with his bloody great spear.

So I loaded up my second play through and found I'd chosen to wear a fish outfit... yes that's right Cod of War. Rock! :)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Chains of Olympus is nothing to shout about (alright for a portable game), but Ghost of Sparta is actually really good. For once, you get a fun weapon that's better than the chains :D

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Graphics aren't amazing but it plays very well, as expected really.

One of the trophies is called Two Girls One Spartan :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom