God of War 3

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Just played the demo. Thought it was fantastic.

I'm not really into hack&slash games but really enjoyed it. Gameplay is smooth, loads of moves, plenty of gore and they mixed it up so it isn't too repetitive.

Some great games out this month :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It is God of War, it is great. Sadly it is not what David Jaffe said it would be, the guy is a douche for leading people to believe it is visually way beyond anything else out there on console.

David Jaffe Sees God of War 3, Spouts Expletives

Regardless though, the game is a MUST BUY. :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Just don't put a spinny-spike climbing stage in again ffs :eek:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
To be fair, he said it in 2008 before Killzone 2, Uncharted 2.

He repeated it on a number of occasions since then including at E3 if memory serves me correctly. Either way, visually it is a long way from being the best on any of the console platforms. Fortunately the story seems good and the controls are killer tight so I am going to be a happy boy anyway. :)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
The new stuff looks far better than I saw in the demo, and that's what everyone is saying.

Guess we'll find out later in the month :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The new stuff looks far better than I saw in the demo, and that's what everyone is saying.

Guess we'll find out later in the month :p

I hope you are right, this is one Sony game I really want to see suceed. :)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Fortunately good gameplay > good graphics.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Downloading Demo now. Friend here says it's going to be awesome. If I like demo, I buy game. :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i was under the impression that europe was getting a no trills trillogy set. seems like the uber game.net set is the only one we are getting?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The Icarus Vent bit on the demo was awful :/

Ripping Helios' head off was ok though :)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
The Icarus Vent bit on the demo was awful :/

Ripping Helios' head off was ok though :)

I liked the vent. It was better than God of War 2's pegasus sections at least.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Got mine too. As soon as I've eaten I'm throwing it in. Sorry, FF13, but you're going away for a while :D

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Been playing a couple of hours. Started on Titan mode but after six attempts at the first boss I switched back to God mode...

The game seems no better than a graphically updated God of War 2, which is kind of high praise indeed. I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed though, after games like Batman, Assassin's Creed etc over the last couple of years.

Has still had me laughing out loud at the violence every five minutes :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
im loving it, gaia level and the poisendon fight was fun

Yaka

Part of the furniture
had to put mine down after poisendon cant wait till tommorow

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Gahhhhh, ordered mine on amazon and got an email today saying payment rejected - for some reason they deleted my card details and it defaulted to one that expired in 2008 :(

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Friend of mine (Narratology type person) says the game story line is really really good and loved it. Can't really give an opinion on it, as I've not played it, but it does look quite fun if it's a type of game you like.

(He ALSO said that Dante's Inferno was really good story wise, but was just a re-shelling of God of War :D)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I loved Dante's Inferno, but God of War 3 did almost everything better. The one thing that was missing (and yet present in God of War 1, 2, and Dante's) is the sense of adventure. It's really quite short and there aren't as many locations / locations are re-used more.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Finished it this morning, pretty darn good! Ending was great

Some of the later bosses are 'tastic, specially

Cronos

But there are were deffo couple of annoying bits

The guitar hero bit for someone not familiar with a ps pad mainly!

Yaka

Part of the furniture
im still stuck on the fight with hades bit, preety much coz i am not comfy playing it while my kid is awake

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
im still stuck on the fight with hades bit, preety much coz i am not comfy playing it while my kid is awake

I played on normal difficulty, and tbh that was the most difficult boss for me. I died once, which is more than I can say for the others :D

Yaka

Part of the furniture
yeah ive gotten to the path of eos bit, bit crap for me as the mrs is rightly insisting i dont play it while our 2 yr old is awake. still gives me time to play stalker cop on pc i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom