GOA's subscription problem.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else get this bollux message on the GOA subscription pages when trying to renew their account?
I've had the following error for the last eleven hours:
"Unable to modify your subscription. An invoice is currently in process"

The message is bollux because I haven't paid so there's no invoice to create.... I can't pay because I get the message....I can't play because GOA won't let me pay and my account is terminated, my account is terminated because GOA screwed up somewhere and the payment failed (the BB account went through ok).

I sent a mail to GOA but got the usual we're looking at it and no reply, anyone know why I get this message and how to get rid of it?

Looks like buggy software to me...

Any help much appreciated, miffs me off I can't play over a Bank Holiday weekend... but I'm getting into other games (thx GOA!).

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Just did a search of FH and found 29 messages with
"An invoice is currently in process" and people complaining.

Come on GOA this is a naff service you're provinding your customers, and you are also loosing revenue.....

There was no reason to fail my transaction in the first place as the debit card is fine I used it to pay for the BB acount, if you hadn't failed that transaction I wouldn't be in this situation.....

Please sort it out.

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
Had this once aswell because i started a payment but with wrong months selected, tried to go back and it said the same thing. It goes away after 2 or so hours.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
it usually resets at midnight Xajorkith.

Happens to the best of us.

Gamah

Banned
I love it when people get angry at anti-fraud...its like when people get offended because you ask them for ID if they are paying for stuff with an unsigned card...then you say, what if it was someone else using your card? would you get offended then?

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
> I love it when people get angry at anti-fraud.

> Its an anti fraud feature. Its there to protect you.

If people read my post properly it was clear I wasn't criticising the anti-fraud mechanism, I was criticising two bugs of the GOA software:

1. The transaction auto-renewing the account failed, it should not have. At roughly the same time my bb account which uses the same card succeeded. I managed to reactivate the account using the same card as before. It was on monthly update this means I had successfully used that card before, nothing had changed.

2. The anti-fraud mechanism should not have kicked in, no transaction was made. I keyed no credit card details etc. If you click 1 month then go forward then click back because you want 3 months you should not get your account voided for 24 hours, after all no credit card details have been keyed, there is no invoice to prepare.

As pointed out in the other posts (thx peeps), at Midnight the message went away and I was able to renew the account (with the same card).

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Doesn't sound like anti fraud to me, sounds like a scheduled batch file update with GOAs PSP (payment service provider).

:m00:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it tried to autorenew and failed - therefore it flagged your account as "transaction in process" hence anti-fraid.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
why not use rightnow....or message a GM on here....why make a "mummy mummy the bad men wont let me subscribe"

boo hoo you had to wait an extra day or so. if you made a serious post asking why this happend you would have got the same answer but not look like a pr!ck.

i had several problems with my subscription and i had to wait 3 days. i got annoyed that i had to wait but i did something about it instead of going

"err it dont work its sh!t"

/rant off

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
why not use rightnow....or message a GM on here....why make a "mummy mummy the bad men wont let me subscribe"

boo hoo you had to wait an extra day or so. if you made a serious post asking why this happend you would have got the same answer but not look like a pr!ck.

i had several problems with my subscription and i had to wait 3 days. i got annoyed that i had to wait but i did something about it instead of going

"err it dont work its sh!t"

/rant off

If you actually took the time to read my post you would have noticed I said I had emailed GOA and had not got a reply, (however they did reply the next day.), so I posted on here, asking for information, is this a crime?

All except you answered positively (which I am grateful for) , Flimgoblin, Veno and Naffets provided information not only to me, but to any other person that encounters this kind of problem. The issue did indeed go away at midnight; I lost two days, firstly as Filmgoblin pointed out the original transaction failed, the second due to buggy web design, also highlighted by Veno. I should not have lost either day.

I've noticed that most of your post are just retarded flames; this one is no different, you provided nothing to the conversation other than an immature flame. If you want to see who appears a prick, I'd take a long hard look in the mirror.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I had a similar problem, they tried to bill my CC which had been cancelled due to some arsehole in the states defrauding it. Unfortunately the billing system doesn't let you change your CC until after it's attempted to get payment.

Your accout goes to "Unable to modify your subscription. An invoice is currently in process" and you have to wait on it clearing, in my case around 48 hours.

GOA really need to look into this system it's been awful since day one and unlike the rest of the service hasn't really improved at all. I appologise if I'm wrong but I think you have to wait on your subs expiring before entering a new CC which seems insanely daft and annoying to customers. I don't have to wait until my electricity gets cut off to change payment for it..

I did Rightnow the problem and got a reply which stated that I must have been buggering about with my details to have caused it to do this. Which was rubbish I'd logged in, clicked subscription and see the error message. So Rightnowing it will probably get you the same reply as I got:

Hello,

The mistake you have made is trying to renew your account while it is still opened, it is inadvisable as it may block your card for good, please wait untill the closure of your account so that you can renew it.

Regards,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

Erm no I didn't.
P.S. Wrongly blaming a customer is one of the worst mistakes you can make in "customer service" even worse when you've obviously not read the email they sent you explaining about credit cards being cancelled :p

Poag

m00?
Its anti fraud, it means that whatever change you just did is still in the system.

Generally means that your last 'purchase' ie game time is being processed...and to stop you from being an idiot and reordering 99 times becuase 'it doesn't work straight away' they put this.

Its also there to protect GOA from idiots who do try and reorder becuase 'its not active yet' who then come here and whine that GOA has charged them 99 times.

For me it usually clears in about 2 hours..not that its ever caused me any problems.....

i've had nothing but good service from the GOA Accounts section...aside from the time when i didn't cancel my account in time...10 minutes past french midnight...i cursed then :)

edit- fixed two typos and made it slightly less offending...wasn't ment to be

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Xajorkith said:
If you actually took the time to read my post you would have noticed I said I had emailed GOA and had not got a reply, (however they did reply the next day.),

yeah cause their life revolves around spamming F5 on their mailbox

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
you didn't post here asking for help you posted here a big rant about how much goa sucks (because they won't let you defraud them ;) or someone defraud your credit card)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom