GOAnews about barrels

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
This is silly tbh, yes ok you apparently say it was not perma but tbh I always thought barrels were one of GOA best ideas, and I think its bad that they are takeing them out as they are so handy.

Rushie

Fledgling Freddie
this sucks tbh barrels were 1 of the handiest things that was put in that i can remember in recent times and now they are gone without even the slightest hint that it was going to happen.

i have materials left to make 1 more barrel so guess im gonna have to use it sparingly :(

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
I don't need to run a login poll to know that the majority of players would like the barrels to stay ingame. Unfortunately that's not what is important here. As I said in the first post I made in this thread, barrels aren't consistent with Mythic's design and so they have to go popular or not.

Nonono... we can't have something in DAoC which the whole community approves of ofc :D That would be so unmythical!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
folks, there isn't anything that can be done about it, sucks but we will just have to get on with it, hardly game breaking anyway.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
scorge said:
what is mythics design?

:m00:

US potions have 9 charges, there is no noticable reuse timer
You can pop 4 diff buff pots in about 10 secs
they last 20 mins and buff bonus/dur effect them
usable at level 5 according to delve
They cost on average 90 gold on CM's

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
I don't need to run a login poll to know that the majority of players would like the barrels to stay ingame. Unfortunately that's not what is important here. As I said in the first post I made in this thread, barrels aren't consistent with Mythic's design and so they have to go popular or not. Mythic have implemented a different version and we cannot have both systems in place. Our version needs to be gone before the Mythic system comes in.

The way I read it, the barrels that already exist will continue to function until they're used up?

If so, then you blatantly can have both systems in the game and you will for some time whilst stocks last - so why remove it when it's such a popular bonus feature? Are Mythic forcing you to?

Gratscensi

Banned
Useless.gif

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think it's a big deal tbh
Sure its gonna take up a few more inv spaces, but the crafting time is much less and the new reuse timer is much better.
Plus having these pots will be a godsend for BG players, buffing up with base buffs, haste and dmg shield etc in 10 seconds is a good thing.

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
This is a conspiracy from ze yanks. An evil genious who happens to be the person who invented "ground is to steep to climb". He's using reversed psychology to get more customers. Implementing stuff that everyone hates, and
ontop of that he's removing popular stuff that others implemented.

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
to be fair goa aint to blame, its fucking mythic. its beyond me how they can whine and make goa remove what is by far the best feature of the last three damned years !! patches included :p

"Oh ye gods ! The player base have something useful that they like, quickly, remove them and fuck up some more LOS or something !!"

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
sucks indeed. and ofc it would work with both systems.
as many have said before me. why remove something everyone likes?

Barrels for everyone and make them usable in shademode tooo!

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
any chance of them comming back in a later patch? due to there sucsess?

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
so sucks, im not gonna renew untill 1.85 is here, fucking impossible to play without barrels

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
I hate that barrels are gonna be removed from the game. My sb has already full of inventory due all kind of stuff, have had 2 barrels for end regen and healing, now I need to reserve more due potions..

Albeit I understand the reason why they're removed, it still sucks :/

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
Oboy said:
so sucks, im not gonna renew untill 1.85 is here, fucking impossible to play without barrels

Ok, not it starts to seem for me that it is actually the best thing that can happen they remove the barrels. It's not impossible to play without barrels, you have played without barrels before and again you will. Now they just switch the easymode off again.

I'm not saying the barrels weren't any good, man, they were something not from this world and I'm sorry to see them leave too. But I'm not there to whine about it. Unpopular move by GOA? Seems so... Everybody's acting like a bunch of junkies: they run out of dope and start running around the walls and acting aggro.

God damn people, get a grip.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Varmuus said:
Ok, not it starts to seem for me that it is actually the best thing that can happen they remove the barrels. It's not impossible to play without barrels, you have played without barrels before and again you will. Now they just switch the easymode off again.

So essentially more toys for both sides = makes the game easier?... rite..

Are we in the same game?...

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
Solari said:
So essentially more toys for both sides = makes the game easier?... rite..

Are we in the same game?...

It's the feeling it gives is what I meant, won't get proven to be more efficient by maths when both sides are equipped same ways, u twat :twak:

And yes, it gives you advantage against players who don't have those barrels among themself, just like buffs do.

I'm still glad to see the barrels go.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
whats stopping them from getting their own barrel?

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Best "bonus" content GOA ever did. The smart move would have been to keep it until 1.85 was already established...

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Varmuus said:
It's the feeling it gives is what I meant, won't get proven to be more efficient by maths when both sides are equipped same ways, u twat :twak:

And yes, it gives you advantage against players who don't have those barrels among themself, just like buffs do.

I'm still glad to see the barrels go.

So playing a battlemaster warden... If my opponent uses an end barrel rather than an end regen which are 1:30 RUS vs 6 sec RUS that isn't something that has an impact on the game? Sapping strike x4 bb end for another ~1:20...

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
Solari said:
So essentially more toys for both sides = makes the game easier?... rite.. Are we in the same game?...

Solari said:
So playing a battlemaster warden... If my opponent uses an end barrel rather than an end regen which are 1:30 RUS vs 6 sec RUS that isn't something that has an impact on the game? Sapping strike x4 bb end for another ~1:20...

Do I interpret this wrong but what I see here is 2 comments from 1 person conflicting each other? 1st you say it doesn't make any difference and then u say it does... Ok, honestly I don't have any idea what you are after. Maybe I just missed your point, but if so, feel free to open it up for me.

Essentially my point is barrels easen up your life, but life goes on with or without (as the case is soon to be) them. Nothing more. IMO there's no need to make such drama about them leaving.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure, but it's possible that GOA having to remove the barrel making system is due to:

a) Mythic have never wanted them in the game, a grab bag answer even said that GOA are not supposed to introduce Items like this.

b) In 1.85 Single charge potions (used in the construction of barrels) no longer exist and are instead replaced with 3/6/9 charge potions so the quest as it stands would no longer work.

I do however find it a little rough that they were removed without any prior notice, hell even a post to say they were going to remove them the next day would have been better.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Arkian said:
Not sure, but it's possible that GOA having to remove the barrel making system is due to:

a) Mythic have never wanted them in the game, a grab bag answer even said that GOA are not supposed to introduce Items like this.

b) In 1.85 Single charge potions (used in the construction of barrels) no longer exist and are instead replaced with 3/6/9 charge potions so the quest as it stands would no longer work.

I do however find it a little rough that they were removed without any prior notice, hell even a post to say they were going to remove them the next day would have been better.

True but then everyone and their mother would have gathered gazillion materials to make barrels and markets would be flooded with say 10p per barrel in housing - not good idea imho. Better just once and for all without notice to make barrel making nono, to prevent such thing to occur.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Agree with the majority of posters here, but will reiterate.

The removal has been very badly handled. The only explanation is that they didnt want people to stock up on components. Not sure why.

The removal should of happened as part of the 1.85.

Once again, the arguments put forward by Requiel as to why they have been taken out really dont add up in my mind.

Sorry, not added anything new, but thought it necessary to express my opinion in the vague hope that GoA listens to its player base. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom